************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

111,202 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Max Power
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AG@RICE said:

If a major "likely" incentive is for him to be voted all-defense, and he achieves that incentive, then I think that contact would be worth it.

You can only put a certain percentage of the contract as an incentive and in that specific case it would basically only mean that Houston gets a discount if he doesn't make it.

If it is likely, it's still counts against the cap. If it is unlikely and he achieves it then it would count against the cap next year I think
HotardRat
AG
From what I've seen reported, incentives are PART OF the $80 million number. So he can get less that $80 million.
Aggie09Derek
AG
What NBA/Rockets pods or message boards do you listen to/read?
Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

What NBA/Rockets pods or message boards do you listen to/read?
I don't really listen to anything regularly and I don't look at anything really team specific other than filtering on Hoopshype/Hoopsrumors and looking at ClutchPoints.

I listen to The Ringer NBA some, but don't like all their shows. I listen to BS as much as I can stand him, especially now since he puts in zero effort on anything that isn't Celtics, but I do like RyenRussillo.

I like Zach Lowe and KOC. Nate Duncan when he was free.

All the Smoke occasionally , depending on the topic or guest.

Others if a specific topic.

My listening overall changes a lot based on what is happening, now is higher than it will be in a week.
AG@RICE
AG
So this Garuba/ Ty Ty trade is still hanging in the wind. It was originally meant to buy cap space for Lopez, but he didn't bite. Now we might just give up 2 former first rounders and a few second round picks so Stone doesn't look like a welch.

This is the first time I've questioned his abilities. Most of his previous moves have just fallen in his lap or he used $$$/draft picks to overpay for a player. This is an intentional effort to maneuver
the market to generate value....and it looks to be a huge fail.

He put us through a ton of losing to generate extra picks and I'm worried he doesn't know how to properly maneuver assets. I'm worried he might be more of a collector than a developer.
HotardRat
AG
This post seems to wrap everything up effectively:

AG@RICE
AG
The Rockets need to worry about looking competent before they obsess over their trustworthiness. Stupid of Stone to let the organization fall on the sword for Brook Lopez's backtracking. He might not be the GM in 2 or 3 years, his word don't meant ****e.

I also dont believe our reputation would be in the toilet because we backed out of this trade. If ATL gets sick of Trey Young next year (or he demands a trade) and Tillman gets a boner for him, I doubt they are saying no to our offer of 5 first round picks and Tari Eason because we refused to trade them Ty Ty Washington and Usman Garuba.
Guitarsoup
AG
NBA players: I am torn between Miami, LA, and the Knicks, but I saw how Stone traded away two non-rotation guys after another deal feel through, so I'm definitely choosing Houston
ATM9000
AG
AG@RICE said:

The Rockets need to worry about looking competent before they obsess over their trustworthiness. Stupid of Stone to let the organization fall on the sword for Brook Lopez's backtracking. He might not be the GM in 2 or 3 years, his word don't meant ****e.

I also dont believe our reputation would be in the toilet because we backed out of this trade. If ATL gets sick of Trey Young next year (or he demands a trade) and Tillman gets a boner for him, I doubt they are saying no to our offer of 5 first round picks and Tari Eason because we refused to trade them Ty Ty Washington and Usman Garuba.

Meh… I doubt it happens this way if this were Sengun, Green or Smith… but the players given up were 9th-12th men on a really bad team. I know it sounds egregious when you say 'former first round picks' but none of those guys have shown much and at least right now aren't very good and all highly likely not to improve so much that the Rockets are investing much in them when their rookie deals come up let alone even continue exercising the club options they've got.

NBA seems a bit like a handshake business. Don't see this as Stone giving up material value and potentially saves a lot of goodwill down the line here.
AG@RICE
AG
Neither of them were really given an opportunity since Silas insisted on playing Nix and Bruno Fernando. Neither had a lick of talent, but Silas stuck by them because of seniority. Still a good chance one of these young guys turns into a useful player in a year or so.

We are also dumping picks to shed these guys when we have plenty of cap/roster spots with nobody desperate to join our team.

Just doesn't seem like a good use of resources.
ATM9000
AG
AG@RICE said:

Neither of them were really given an opportunity since Silas insisted on playing Nix and Bruno Fernando. Neither had a lick of talent, but Silas stuck by them because of seniority. Still a good chance one of these young guys turns into a useful player in a year or so.

We are also dumping picks to shed these guys when we have plenty of cap/roster spots with nobody desperate to join our team.

Just doesn't seem like a good use of resources.

If you say so… guys are there for more than a year on a very bad team… and you really think they'd not see the court if they haven't had even slight spark.

Respectfully, I think you are just putting way too much worth on 'first round picks'
Aggie09Derek
AG
Amen looking good
HotardRat
AG
Tari and Jabari looking real good
Aggie09Derek
AG
My god Eason!!!
HotardRat
AG
TARI

WHAT A MONSTER
Aggie09Derek
AG
That inbound pass
Aggie09Derek
AG
That shot
HotardRat
AG
Incredible shot. Wow.
Aggie09Derek
AG
shano0603
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Amen looking good

What position is he going to play? Some stuff says combo guard, others say forward.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Aggie09Derek
AG

Hahaha it's one of Jabari's friends who fell. Jabari is one of his only followers.
Guitarsoup
AG

WES2006AG
AG

Good run while it lasted.
HotardRat
AG
Tari Eason probably shouldn't play either. He's got nothing to prove out there. But he probably will, he's a damn competitor.
Ryan34
AG
Guitarsoup said:

What a terrible use of resources.
AG@RICE
AG
In retrospect, we probably could have just sent Ty Ty and garuba directly to OKC and saved a 2nd round pick….so ya, wasted resources.
Aggie09Derek
AG

Damn…!
HotardRat
AG
Well **** me
Aggie09Derek
AG

Haha rockets reporter
Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Haha rockets reporter

He hasn't missed a shot in over a month!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Whitmore and Jabari looking great so far tonight
dbryanc87
'Bari and Tari are running these fools off the court. Hopefully they make a big jump in year 2. They both look so much more confident and have that swagger which they didn't at all in these games last year.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Dan Scott
AG
Nice vet

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.