Is anyone watching the playoffs?

36,710 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Iowaggie
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Might see tanking in the play in next year

Charlotte 1st is lottery protected, so if they win the play in, they become 1st round fodder and lose their draft pick. No reason to win unless they trade for Playoff Jimmy
The Pilot
AG
superunknown
AG
Lebron is gassed af
rausr
AG
Lakers with 4 seconds left down by 2.

rausr
AG
rausr said:

Lakers with 4 seconds left down by 2.

Lebron can't put it in and it's over.
Nuggets move on - Lakers are done.
The Pilot
AG
The Denver Nuggets
TyHolden
AG
Joke vs Buckets
txagman1998
AG
I wonder when was the last time, if ever, a team beat the Lakers in Los Angeles to win the Western Conference.
rausr
AG
Let the media mourning-fest begin!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
txagman1998 said:

I wonder when was the last time, if ever, a team beat the Lakers in Los Angeles to win the Western Conference.
Yes, there was. In 1998, the Utah Jazz swept the Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 in the Western Conference Finals.
Dan Scott
AG
txagman1998 said:

Houston Rockets 1986
And I think San Antonio blew out LA in 2003 in game 6. Don't remember if that was in LA or San Antonio

txagman1998
AG
Per Wikipedia, last time Lakers lost in the Western Conference finals at home was 97-98, when they were swept by the Jazz. Also happened in 85-86, when they lost to the Rockets 4-1. Clippers were eliminated in the WCF in LA in 20-21 by the Suns 4-2.
Guitarsoup
AG
Dan Scott said:

txagman1998 said:

Houston Rockets 1986
And I think San Antonio blew out LA in 2003 in game 6. Don't remember if that was in LA or San Antonio

Some say the Lakers are still missing threes from that 2003 series.
Dan Scott
AG
I remember Robert Horry being trash that series and missed a last second 3 that went in and out in game 5. Big Shot Bob was done in LA
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Congratulations to the Denver Nuggets for sweeping the Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 for their first ever NBA Finals appearance and playoff sweep (45th playoff series). After the Lakers led the Nuggets 73-58 at halftime, the Nuggets outscored the Lakers 55-38 to win Game 4 113-111. As a result, the Nuggets will get 9 days of rest before NBA Finals Game 1 on 6/1. The Nuggets are 12-3 in the playoffs, including 4-3 on the road. If the Heat beat the Celtics in Game 4, this will be the first time in NBA history that both the Western and Eastern Conference champions sweep their opponents.

The Lakers overcame tremendous adversity and odds to go from 2-10 to the Western Conference Finals. On 3/18, the Lakers were 34-37 and 11th in the Western Conference before winning 9 of their last 11 regular season games to finish 43-39. In a play-in game at home, the Lakers trailed the Minnesota Timberwolves 76-61 with 5:59 left in the 3rd quarter before defeating the Timberwolves 108-102 in overtime to enter the playoffs as the No. 7 seed. The Lakers stunned No. 2 Memphis Grizzlies 4-2 and the No. 6 defending champion Golden State Warriors 4-2 to advance to the Western Conference Finals.

jteagle
AG
Not a Nuggets fan at all but it's good to see a team that has never been to the finals before. Jokic is obviously one of the elite players in the league whether he looks like it or not. I'll be rooting for the Nuggets to win it all this year. They are the best team and weathered the storm in a weird playoff year.
Obi Wan Ginobili
jteagle said:

Not a Nuggets fan at all but it's good to see a team that has never been to the finals before. Jokic is obviously one of the elite players in the league whether he looks like it or not. I'll be rooting for the Nuggets to win it all this year. They are the best team and weathered the storm in a weird playoff year.

Jokic isn't one of the elites. He's the alpha right now. Embiid and Giannis are a step behind, and the rest of the league is in a different line much further back.
GigEmMortis
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Congratulations to the Denver Nuggets for sweeping the Los Angeles Lakers 4-0 for their first ever NBA Finals appearance and playoff sweep (45th playoff series). After the Lakers led the Nuggets 73-58 at halftime, the Nuggets outscored the Lakers 55-38 to win Game 4 113-111. As a result, the Nuggets will get 9 days of rest before NBA Finals Game 1 on 6/1. The Nuggets are 12-3 in the playoffs, including 4-3 on the road. If the Heat beat the Celtics in Game 4, this will be the first time in NBA history that both the Western and Eastern Conference champions sweep their opponents.

The Lakers overcame tremendous adversity and odds to go from 2-10 to the Western Conference Finals. On 3/18, the Lakers were 34-37 and 11th in the Western Conference before winning 9 of their last 11 regular season games to finish 43-39. In a play-in game at home, the Lakers trailed the Minnesota Timberwolves 76-61 with 5:59 left in the 3rd quarter before defeating the Timberwolves 108-102 in overtime to enter the playoffs as the No. 7 seed. The Lakers stunned No. 2 Memphis Grizzlies 4-2 and the No. 6 defending champion Golden State Warriors 4-2 to advance to the Western Conference Finals.

I appreciate your daily Chat GPT updates for us
Iowaggie
AG
rausr said:

Let the media mourning-fest begin!

It will be a 48 hour cycle of what do the Lakers need to do for next year? I imagine there will be conversation about whether this was the Lakers last chance to get to the NBA finals with LeBron.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Dan Scott said:

txagman1998 said:

Houston Rockets 1986

San Antonio Spurs defeated the three-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers 4-2 in the Western Conference Semifinals and the Dallas Mavericks 4-2 in the Western Conference Finals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002%E2%80%9303_San_Antonio_Spurs_season
The Pilot
AG
Today on ESPN

"Lakers in 9"
Obi Wan Ginobili
GigEmMortis said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I was told this isn't the case but the evidence is damning.
Iowaggie
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

GigEmMortis said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

I was told this isn't the case but the evidence is damning.

Iraq2x has been writing like this since for a while on this board so he's either 2 years ahead of A.I. or you guys haven't been noticing for 2 years.

Given how dead this board usually is outside the "this is our safe space" threads, I have no complaints, except that he's a Warriors fan.
superunknown
AG
Is this the official playoff thread? It is, right?

Man, what is it about post season basketball that just makes you fall in love with a player? March madness, nba playoffs...someone just catches you're eye and they may turn out to be just a guy but for a stretch they're your favorite player? Gabe Vincent is That Guy for me in the playoffs so far.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
superunknown said:

Man, what is it about post season basketball that just makes you fall in love with a player? March madness, nba playoffs...someone just catches you're eye and they may turn out to be just a guy but for a stretch they're your favorite player? Gabe Vincent is That Guy for me in the playoffs so far.
You had me all the way up until the last sentence. Didn't see that twist coming.
superunknown
AG
I don't know why, he's just a dawg. Fun as hell to watch.
Dan Scott
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
I for real thought you were talking about Jokic.
superunknown
AG
Already a Jokic fan but yeah I get it
DTP02
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

superunknown said:

You had me all the way up until the last sentence. Didn't see that twist coming.

Username should have been a hint.
Woods Ag
AG
Need Buckets to show up tonight and squash the Celtics.
Dan Scott
AG
Miami better win game 6 cause they aren't winning 7
superunknown
AG
Dang I love the nba

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Boston Celtics dominated the Miami Heat from start to finish to force a Game 6. The Celtics have improved to 4-0 when facing elimination, including winning 2 straight games after railing the Heat 3-0. Game 6 at home is a must win for Miami Heat because they are unlikely to win Game 7 on the road.
Bonfired
AG
This series has flipped on its head quickly...looked like a sweep was coming, then Boston hands out a couple of ass-whippings.

Pucker factor in the building will be through the roof if Miami gets off to a slow start Saturday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.