***********2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

30,288 Views | 449 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by West Texan
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hartenstein signing with OKC

3y87M
jteagle
AG
Matt_ag98 said:

Barf CP3

I've never been a fan of Paul but the move makes sense and he makes the team better.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Matt_ag98 said:

Barf CP3

I've never been a fan of Paul but the move makes sense and he makes the team better.

That's where I am at. The guys are already used to Pop's barking so they will be better prepared to handle Paul. He'll be a great mentor and has a ton to teach the players
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

3y87M

Oof. So much for their rebounding weakness. That team upgraded significantly while keeping all of their 1st rounders. Scary stuff.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

3y87M

Oof. So much for their rebounding weakness. That team upgraded significantly while keeping all of their 1st rounders. Scary stuff.

Really good signing for them.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

3y87M

And they could still move a bunch of picks for Lauri to have Chet, IH, Lauri big rotation
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

Thank god. Did not want the spurs to get him. I still think we are up to something. If not, Kyle Anderson, you are about to get a hell of a 1 year deal.
superunknown
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

3y87M

And they could still move a bunch of picks for Lauri to have Chet, IH, Lauri big rotation

I'd think that blows up their cap once Chet signs an extension though, right? Can't see OKC being a huge apron team for long.
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

3y87M

I'd think that blows up their cap once Chet signs an extension though, right? Can't see OKC being a huge apron team for long.

Yeah for sure, but a IH, Chet, JW, SGA, Caruso, Cason , Dort and Lauri team is an amazing collection of talent that seems to fit together well.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
And they just locked in Joe and Wiggins on reasonable long term contracts today, so they aren't even going to lose those deeper bench guys as they add. They're going to be a problem for sure, just like they were in the 2010s.
Guitarsoup
AG

Out boy getting paid, Utah getting another white guy
Guitarsoup
AG

Deluxe
AG
superunknown said:

Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

3y87M

From what I understand, the third year isn't guaranteed on the Hart deal, so it might stagger well with Chet and Jdub extensions.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Have there been any Taurean Prince rumors? Seems like a perfect fit. 30 year old vet, 3&D forward, went to high school at Warren, probably would be able to snag him to a one year deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
I think Lakers are keeping him and are trying to get one more player in first before going forward with him and Bron
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Derrick White gets 4y125M extension
Sher Thing
AG
What would it realistically take to get Markannen?

Can't trade for him with an extension in-place but I would assume they wouldn't make the move without assurances that he would re-sign.

I know Ainge is going to try to get a ton but the Jazz really don't have much leverage here.

I would probably do something like:

CHI25
CHA25
SAS27
MIN31
Jones
Keldon
Enzo The Baker
AG
Sher Thing said:

Can't trade for him with an extension in-place but I would assume they wouldn't make the move without assurances that he would re-sign.

I know Ainge is going to try to get a ton but the Jazz really don't have much leverage here.

CHI25
CHA25
SAS27
MIN31
Jones
Keldon

Yea I think something like this would be the best 'realistic-ish' scenario for the Spurs.

However, Ainge is a maniac and would ask for more I think.

One of the things that I might consider is including Sochan if we can get by with including lighter draft capital. Is that crazy?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Sher Thing said:

CHI25
CHA25
SAS27
MIN31
Jones
Keldon

Lauri can't sign an extension with Utah or anyone else.

He will 100% be a free agent next summer and Spurs will have max cap space available.

If the Spurs trade for him, he will still be a free agent. If Utah doesn't trade him, he will be a free agent. If another team trades for him, he will be a free agent.

Giving up a lot of assets for a guy that will be a free agent and you have the cap space to sign him is a bad long term move and once I don't expect the Spurs to make.

If Danny Ainge wants Collins and a dozen second rounders, I'm all for it. But I'm not really open to giving up much of value. And I'm not worried about being outbid by Brooklyn or Detroit.

Get our 2-3 picks next year, sign Lauri as a FA and roll in with a usable depth chart with lots of future assets
Sher Thing
AG
I literally said that. I don't think they would even entertain trading for him unless he gives assurances he will sign an extension once eligible.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I hope Ingram works out. I like this kid.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sher Thing said:

I literally said that. I don't think they would even entertain trading for him unless he gives assurances he will sign an extension once eligible.

It's not about eligibility, it is that any extension he could be offered by any team is limited to a 40% raise and he is worth more.

I'm sure Spurs are taking via back channels.

Remember last week when the Mavs traded the draft rights to a retired player that is coaching for the Spurs? That player is Petteri Koponen. Petteri is a Finnish basketball legend and great friends with Lauri, who is the best Finnish player ever.

I don't think hiring Petteri was a coincidence.
Guitarsoup
AG
Boots Ratford is on the Spurs Summer League team
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

Tyrece Radford on the Spurs summer league roster.
Sher Thing
AG
jteagle said:

West Texan said:

Tyrece Radford on the Spurs summer league roster.
That's cool.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I hope Ingram works out. I like this kid.

Good we need that guy after we trade Keldon.

TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Batum/CP3 on one year deals is a damn near perfect offseason to me. Smart vets who pass and play defense, but don't clog up anyone's development path. Really hoping we can close on Nic.
West Texan
AG
West Texan
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker
AG
West Texan said:

West Texan said:

Wow. That sucks. Would have been a nice pick up. If it's true that we were interested, I don't understand how he would choose that dumpster fire over us.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Charlotte picked up Green from the mavericks in the Klay deal. They marginally get better.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

West Texan said:

West Texan said:

Wow. That sucks. Would have been a nice pick up. If it's true that we were interested, I don't understand how he would choose that dumpster fire over us.

Maybe he enjoys having the title of "best Frenchman on his team"?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.