*****Offical Texas Rangers 2019 Season Thread*****

466,926 Views | 4725 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
excellent cherry picking of stats
toucan82
Maybe he's saying Odor should hit higher in the lineup
Baseball Gods
Baseball Gods
Baby Billy
AG
So Odor is gonna end up about .205 / 30HR / 93 RBIs

Again, the majority of that production coming in the last couple months when the Rangers were way gone.

It's like Aggie football scoring a few late touchdowns and everyone thinking the loss wasn't as bad as it actually was.
Grapesoda2525
Huell Babineaux said:

So Odor is gonna end up about .205 / 30HR / 93 RBIs

Again, the majority of that production coming in the last couple months when the Rangers were way gone.

It's like Aggie football scoring a few late touchdowns and everyone thinking the loss wasn't as bad as it actually was.
It's pretty weird actually.

The little guy always does just barely enough to keep his starting spot. We know that management is looking for every reason to keep him out on the field. We have 2 guys who are better players that could easily replace him ( solak and Santana). I'm starting to think we will be stuck with odor until 2024.
Schall 02
AG
Peace out, TBIA. You've meant a lot to me.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Went last night. Was awesome to see them shut all the yankee fans up the entire game. That said, it was definitely a sad goodbye to such a great stadium with so many memories. It is such a waste. It is a wonderful ballpark. Friggin perfection as far as I'm concerned.
DannyDuberstein
AG
And kudos to Chuck Morgan and team for sticking it to the bandwagon yankee fans with one of the best stadium music/fan interaction bits I've seen in a while.
DallasAg 94
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Not gonna lie, I've been a bad fan and "checked out" on this season after we **** the bed following the All-Star break. But today I'm sitting down with some beer and soaking it in on tv. Gonna miss the ballpark more than I can really explain.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein
AG
The diving infield pop up catch. Don't see that everyday
Grapesoda2525
PWestAg18 said:

Not gonna lie, I've been a bad fan and "checked out" on this season after we **** the bed following the All-Star break. But today I'm sitting down with some beer and soaking it in on tv. Gonna miss the ballpark more than I can really explain.
It's not actually good bye for the park.

Anyone is welcome to watch bob stoops and his XFL team play there.
Schall 02
AG
I'm worried my Rangers fandom is going to be impacted by the absence of the Temple.
PatAg
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

PWestAg18 said:

I feel like that is worse than the stadium being torn down.
jkag89
PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

PWestAg18 said:

An Astros fan that agrees 100%. TBiA is ( I guess now, was) a great place to watch a ballgame. You guys are going to miss open air games, not on the really hot days, but that roof is going to be closed more than it should.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
jkag89
Well that could explain the ****ty fake grass they are opting to put into the new park.
chick79
AG
Nice final game. My only wish is that this is Odor's last game ever in the Ranger uniform.

BTW I was at the A&M Arkansas game yesterday and I can't believe they can finish the new stadium in six months but we'll see
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

PatAg said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

PWestAg18 said:

An Astros fan that agrees 100%. TBiA is ( I guess now, was) a great place to watch a ballgame. You guys are going to miss open air games, not on the really hot days, but that roof is going to be closed more than it should.
Because of the extreme heat. Open air baseball and Texas don't mesh well. We need a controlled environment probably 80% of the time. For instance, September is supposed to be bearable baseball weather, but this year, the temperature was way higher than average for every day of september except for one.

The Texas weather is way too unpredictable and it was a massive blunder to build the globe outside.
Grapesoda2525
Offseason WISH list:
Sign Cole
Sign Rendon
Move Choo
Move Mazara
Move Odor
Shore up bullpen

Realistically, I'd be ecstatic if we got just 2 or 3 of those things done.
DeangeloVickers
AG
jkag89
I understand why the Rangers are opting for then new park, I'm simply stating that TBinA was a wonderful ballpark and the roof on the new park is going to closed far more you guys are expecting.
DallasAg 94
Grapesoda2525
jkag89 said:

I understand why the Rangers are opting for then new park, I'm simply stating that TBinA was a wonderful ballpark and the roof on the new park is going to closed far more you guys are expecting.
The more the better. Fans should never have to worry about the heat when watching a game that they pay good money to see.
Grapesoda2525
DallasAg 94 said:

If Woody can get Odor to buy into what he wants, I think Odor goes .250, 35HRs for 2020.

Add Rendon, with a healthy Gallo and this team will be awesome.

DH: Choo (L): .265, 24 HR, 15 SB
SS: Andrus (R): .275, 12 HR, 31 SB
3B: Rendon (R-29): .319, 34 HR
RF: Gallo (L): .253, 22 HR
CF: Santana (B): .283, 28 HR, 21 SB
LF: Calhoun (L-24): .269, 21 HR
2B: Odor (L-25): .205, 30 HR
1B: Guzman (L-24): .219.10 HR
C: Trevino (R-26): .258, 2 HR

Leaves Mazara (24-L), Solak (24-R), IKF (24-R), and DeShields (27-R) as bench players. And Mathis as 2nd C.

Unlikely......

If odor does buy in, his average will be higher, but his power numbers will be lower. You of all people should be aware of just how many at bats he wasted by swinging for the fences, even on 0-2 counts.
DallasAg 94
TDub
AG
Welp only cried a handful of times at the game today. So sad to see that beautiful stadium go
DannyDuberstein
AG
The heat is only an issue for day games. Yesterday was in the 90s and it was downright pleasant in the stadium last night. The AC is useful for summer getaway days. Half of which are weekday games which will never be well attended anyway, so it's mostly needed for a handful Sundays. But I'm sure once we get into May, it will basically stay closed for all games the rest of the year.

It's always been a FA copout excuse for them. They'll build this stadium and that won't magically change. But they'll cash in on concerts and special events.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Anybody but Mathis as 2nd catcher, I cant handle the automatic outs
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.