Places to Eat in Nashville

637 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Pirate04
Patience32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am taking my wife to Nashville for a quick weekend getaway in October. Does anyone have recommendations for a nice place to eat dinner? I know the bar scene is great, but is there any particular one we need to stop and visit?

TIA
alabamaaggie12
AG
My sister and her family enjoyed The Hampton Social, and I will try to get some more recs from my daughter who lives in Nashville. She's a poor grad student, though, so it probably won't be first-hand recommendations!
Al Bula
AG
If anyone suggests Husk, they are FOS.
country
AG
We absolutely loved brunch at The Southern when we visited. They do dinner as well but the brunch was top notch.
tamc93
AG
Enjoyed the Bourbon Steak House for a "nice dinner". Plenty of other local places that will do the job as well.

Plenty of good music venues, but we usually end up at the Stage.
chick79
AG
The Etch is a nice upscale restaurant near downtown.
zooguy96
AG
We like White Duck Taco. It's on the edge of the hood, but generally safe.
thomann
Southern Steak and Oyster
Kaynes Prime

Been to both of these numerous times and always had a good meal.
Captain Winky
What's wrong with Husk? We ate there and had a great meal.
aggiejet
AG
The amazing brunch buffet at Adele's on the weekends! Best to get a reservation to be safe.
aggieiniowa
AG
Biscuit Love is one of the best breakfast places ever. We went three days in a row and should have gotten biscuits to bring home.

Roberts Western World on Broadway sells $2 beers and has a fried bologna sandwich meal deal which is the cheapest anywhere near Broadway. Not my type of food, but our friend thought it was the greatest ever
alabamaaggie12
AG
It's the "Recession Special" at Robert's…fried bologna sandwich, bag of chips, a Moon Pie, and a PBR, all for $6.

Robert's is worth a walk-through for the nostalgia even if you don't stay!
FriscoAggieFan
AG
Timberlakes bar 1230 is cool
Grab a couple velvet chairs near stage on the second level and a cocktail - great time. They have different types of music as well.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Second Kayne Prime for a nice steak dinner.

Pop into Black Rabbit for HH. The "rabbit rolls" are fantastic. Might sound weird but they are crazy delicious. My wife didn't believe me and was scared to try it. Sadly she did so I only got one of the two in the order. Their sourdough app is good too.

BR is near Broadway. Take printers alley until it dead ends, turn right, cross parking lot, and it is across the street.
Scruffy
AG
Biscuit Love for brunch/lunch.
Best burgers maybe in the country are at Tennessee Brew Works (also their pulled pork tacos with the house made mustard are fantastic and their ketchup is to die for....Def get fries just to eat that).
Martin's BBQ is pretty top.
Peg leg porker is also very good BBQ.
Gumbo Bros is good Cajun.
Tailgate brewing has great pizza.
Pullman standard has great cocktails (food looks good but we haven't eaten there)
Pirate04
AG
I've only been to Nashville once and for only one night BUT probably one of the best steak meals I've ever had was at Jeff Ruby's. It's fancy with a grand piano over the bar but it is such an experience. Cant recommend enough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.