Ex Pats in Thailand

666 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by gggmann
newbie11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hello, any ex pats in Thailand? Looking to maybe retire there or spend 2-3 months a year there soon.
gggmann
AG
We spend our summers there when our daughter is out of school. Will be increasing to ~6 months a year once she graduates in a few years.

Where are you looking to live?
newbie11
East pattaya, Hua Hin, East Bangkok.

From what I've been told, I've got enough resources to have a pretty good lifestyle there. I've always lived modestly but for 10-15 million THB, you can buy a really nice house in most areas. And the rest of living expenses are very low compared to the US.
gggmann
AG
We have a house and farm in Surin and a condo in Pattaya. I'll probably buy another condo in Pratumnak or Jomtien for longer stays once I retire.

For $10-12mil Baht you can get a very nice place. Keep in mind that foreigners cannot own land, so unless you or your spouse has Thai citizenship you'll need to create a Thai company of which you can own up to 49% (split the other 51% between 2 Thais) and use it to purchase the land. There is some risk w/ that, but many people do it.

I'd advise to rent for a few months in any place you are considering buying property.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.