The Rivalry never stopped except on the field

2,512 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Muy
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here's a pretty fair history video of A&M vs tu
that neither side is going to be completely happy with...
Texas velvet maestro
fair enough for a 10 min video. nice slap at jimbo right at the end there.
waynehisler
I know some disagree, but I'm incredibly glad this game is going to happen again every year. I watched it for decades with friends and family. The hate makes it great. And, I'm glad it's back.
Big 12-0
That's cute.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Big 12-0 said:

That's cute.

Be happy! Now that Coog High is in the Little 12, Tceh finally has a true rival in the Red Headed Stepchildren Bowl
Big 12-0
Maroon Dawn said:

Big 12-0 said:

That's cute.

Be happy! Now that Coog High is in the Little 12, Tceh finally has a true rival in the Red Headed Stepchildren Bowl

And the A&M/UT rivalry is about the fifth-most prestigious in the SEC.
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

my those grapes are sour
Maroon Dawn
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Big 12-0 said:

That's cute.

And your school would rename itself Texas A&M-Lubbock if we promised you admission to the SEC and an annual game with daddy Flagship College Station in return because you want it that badly

Your presence here proves it
Rongagin71
AG
It might be possible for Tech to get in on the PUF by joining
the A&M System, but Tech would have to change their name
to Texas A&M at Lubbock.
Since UT Austin gets 2/3 of the PUF (that was set when A&M only
had male students) it would make more sense for Tech to join
their system and the two each start getting 1/3.
Never going to happen, sorry Big12-0.
TXAGBQ76
AG
and your team has no rivalry- much less a ranked one, so there's that
BaileyAg
AG
BaileyAg
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Big 12-0 said:

That's cute.

And yet, millions more will watch this game than anything yall will put up
Big 12-0
Texas velvet maestro said:

Big 12-0 said:

my those grapes are sour

Not sour grapes but truth raisins.
Texas velvet maestro
You hate the Longhorn - Aggie rivalry. And I get it.

too bad for you its return will be the most heated and heavily anticipated hot topic in the state of Texas for the whole season, all the way to December. you're gonna feel neglected.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Jealously, envy, insecurity, etc. are truly a bad combination. I'm thinking he doesn't even like himself.
Texas velvet maestro
Nov 30th. all eyes will be on Kyle Field, and the nonstop hype leading up to it will probably, even make us sick.

but imagine poor technical out there in the sand, not mattering.

TXAGBQ76
AG
Some things never change. As my grandad used to say "…those that can do, those that can't mock…".
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

Some things never change. As my grandad used to say "…those that can do, those that can't mock…".

Not mocking just stating my opinion. I thought saying the A&M/UT football being around the "fifth-most prestigious in the SEC" was pretty favorable. Here's a list of SEC rivalries I think are better:

Bama/Auburn
Florida/Georgia
Bama/LSU
Bama/Tennessee
OU/UT

I'd have the A&M/UT rivalry tied with Arkansas/UT for sixth place.
TXAGBQ76
AG
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Now get back to the little boy's table and let the adults talk football.
Big 12-0
TXAGBQ76 said:

You're certainly entitled to your opinion. Now get back to the little boy's table and let the adults talk football.

I thought we were talking of PUF funds and how rich the SEC conference teams are. Looking at their season records and bowl game appearance, don't know why Aggies would talk about football.
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

I thought we were talking of PUF funds and how rich the SEC conference teams are. Looking at their season records and bowl game appearance, don't know why Aggies would talk about football.
We're discussing the reestablishment of the biggest rivalry in the state of Texas.
you should start a thread about your dormant rivalry with the UNM Lobos. bring it back.
Big 12-0
Wait, is this "the biggest rivalry in Texas" the same one neither school wanted to play for years? This season's game will be heavily promoted, of course, ESPN Gameday and all, but don't be fooled. It's a mere blip on the SEC and national stage.
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL! Always the jokester. Making fun of one of several historical rivalries in the SEC, when there your school doesn't have a single rivalry- much less your conference. Maybe when the bdf does the next round of expansion you can beg for one with new foes Abilene Christian or Sul Ross State. Good luck!
Muy
AG
Big 12-0 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Big 12-0 said:

That's cute.

Yet light years ahead of any "rivalry" in the BDF as well as other conferences. When we finished 5th in the SEC and 5th in the nation, you should have taken notice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.