Describe Your Lubbock Horror Stories

1,906 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by maroon barchetta
zb008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Describe your worst experiences from visiting Lubbock for football games.
Big 12-0
Show me where big brother hurt you…
Texas velvet maestro
Big 12-0 said:

Show me where big brother hurt you…
Leave Texas out of it. We prefer "Daddy" btw
ABATTBQ11
AG
For one, it was lubbock.

The first time, water bottles and batteries got thrown at us. The second time, Mike Sherman did is a favor and shut the tards up and sent them all home in the 3rd quarter.
LOYAL AG
AG
I went to Lubbock once for a football game.

There, happy? Thanks for making me relive that!
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
zb008
LOYAL AG said:

This is a safe space.
zb008
ABATTBQ11 said:

For one, it was lubbock.

The first time, water bottles and batteries got thrown at us. The second time, Mike Sherman did is a favor and shut the tards up and sent them all home in the 3rd quarter.

I was so surprised by that 2009 win, especially since we had just been blown out by a mediocre K-State team the week before. We had also lost in Lubbock several times in a row leading up to that game. I bet that was a fun game to attend.
vin1041
AG
Paying for a kid to go to law school.
ABATTBQ11
AG
zb008 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

For one, it was lubbock.

I was so surprised by that 2009 win, especially since we had just been blown out by a mediocre K-State team the week before. We had also lost in Lubbock several times in a row leading up to that game. I bet that was a fun game to attend.

Yeah, the expectations were pretty low and we were not exactly excited. It was a 7 hour drive there after an early drill practice. When we arrived, we went through the typical **** talking and crap throwing crowds getting into the stadium. I still remember some shriveled old lady with half a head of hair (or it could have been some young coed after a few years of syphilis and gonorrhea in the desert) giving us the finger and yelling obscenities at us that would make a sailor blush as we got off the busses. I also remember thinking at that moment how much I hated these people and just wanted to get the game over with so we could get the hell out.

The game started the way we thought it would, with the tards coming out strong and scoring quick and us fumbling the first play. After stopping their second drive and tying it up, we had a game going, but in the second quarter the tards' wheels fell off right as we started clicking. We put up 21 and had a 14 point lead going into the half. We were in just as much shock as the tard fans. Then we scored quickly again in the third to go up by 3 TD's and the stands started to empty. A field goal putting us up by 24 drove any remaining tards back into their caves while we traded TD's the rest of the game. We were running all over them by the end, and it was glorious. I think they were so stunned so early in the first half and left so early in the second that they didn't even get around to throwing anything at us in the stands. Then when we left, outside the stadium was almost deserted. We got back on the busses in peace and rode to Abilene for the night.
UTExan
I only have one bad Lubbock story and it involves driving on cobbled streets in what should have been a smooth asphalt pavement to facilitate traffic flow.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Science Denier
AG
I heard they threw a goal post at A&M parents waiting for their kids to come out of the locker room.
zb008
ABATTBQ11 said:

zb008 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

For one, it was lubbock.

Yeah, the expectations were pretty low and we were not exactly excited. It was a 7 hour drive there after an early drill practice. When we arrived, we went through the typical **** talking and crap throwing crowds getting into the stadium. I still remember some shriveled old lady with half a head of hair (or it could have been some young coed after a few years of syphilis and gonorrhea in the desert) giving us the finger and yelling obscenities at us that would make a sailor blush as we got off the busses. I also remember thinking at that moment how much I hated these people and just wanted to get the game over with so we could get the hell out.

The game started the way we thought it would, with the tards coming out strong and scoring quick and us fumbling the first play. After stopping their second drive and tying it up, we had a game going, but in the second quarter the tards' wheels fell off right as we started clicking. We put up 21 and had a 14 point lead going into the half. We were in just as much shock as the tard fans. Then we scored quickly again in the third to go up by 3 TD's and the stands started to empty. A field goal putting us up by 24 drove any remaining tards back into their caves while we traded TD's the rest of the game. We were running all over them by the end, and it was glorious. I think they were so stunned so early in the first half and left so early in the second that they didn't even get around to throwing anything at us in the stands. Then when we left, outside the stadium was almost deserted. We got back on the busses in peace and rode to Abilene for the night.

The game wasn't nationally televised, so I tracked the score on ESPN's website and read the game thread on here. Sherman knew how to build O-lines, and it was on full display in that game.
maroon barchetta
Was that the legendary atmhockey thread?
zb008
maroon barchetta said:

Was that the legendary atmhockey thread?
Yes
Big 12-0
UTExan said:

I only have one bad Lubbock story and it involves driving on cobbled streets in what should have been a smooth asphalt pavement to facilitate traffic flow.
You must have been driving down Broadway Ave or on a downtown street. The red brick streets were constructed almost a hundred years ago as part of the WPA "New Deal" program to employ people on public projects during the Depression. They were protected as a historic site but due to an oversight lost that legal protection this year. There will be a bond election to vote on replacing them with asphalt.

Cue "the more you know" commercial fanfare...
Madman
AG
The hot girl that brought our pizza had aids.

I wouldn't have tipped if I would have known that.
Texas velvet maestro
Madman said:

The hot girl that brought our pizza had aids.

I wouldn't have tipped if I would have known that.
you gave her just the tip?
Big 12-0
I got nothing.
UTExan
Big 12-0 said:

I got nothing.

Just wait till BYU visits.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Rongagin71
AG
Midland-Odessa Airport is the closest I've been to Lubbock.
If it's like that, there is lots of bare dirt with a weed every foot or two.
UTExan
Rongagin71 said:

We arid country types call that "sere beauty".
TXAGBQ76
AG
In before lil 0-12 fesses up saying "…HEY, I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT'S MY WIFE…".
BTHOB-98
I have a Senior at tceh. The end.
Texas velvet maestro
into every life a little rain must fall
Big 12-0
Rongagin71 said:

Rest assured, Midland/Odessa and Lubbock are NOTHING alike.
Rongagin71
AG
Yeah, Lubbock is much closer to the North Pole,
and as you know, the barbed wire fence north of Lubbock can blow down.
ttu_85
zb008 said:

LOYAL AG said:

This is a safe space.
No @ggysafe place in Lubbock in those days. There was a 20 or so year streak where TAMU went winless @ Tech starting around 1993.
ttu_85
ABATTBQ11 said:

zb008 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

For one, it was lubbock.

I had been hiking in the Smoky Mountains when my @ggy daughter called gloating after that game. Tech was a 28 point fav and had just blown out a KSU team that rolled @ggy. I seriously thought she was being sarcastic and silly given It was also true that @ggy rarely if ever won in Lubbock in those days. I literally laughed her off the phone for her delusion and desperation to beats Daddy's team.

It wasn't until later that I found she was telling the truth. I was shocked and I didn't hear the end if it until the end of the regular season.

Science Denier
AG
ttu_85 said:

zb008 said:

LOYAL AG said:

This is a safe space.
No @ggysafe place in Lubbock in those days. There was a 20 or so year streak where TAMU went winless @ Tech starting around 1993.

https://12thman.com/sports/football/opponent-history/texas-tech/38

1993 Texas Aggies destroyed tard high in lubuttocks 31-6
1995 - tard high managed a 14-7 win
2007 - tard high made the ultimate accomplishment since winning the border conference by winning their superbowl for the 7th consecutive year when played in lubuttocks.
2009 -Texas Aggies destroyed tard high 52-30.

1995 - 2007. tard high math says that's 20 years. Like 30% of the world's cotton.
maroon barchetta
ttu_85 said:

zb008 said:

LOYAL AG said:

This is a safe space.

Thanks to head red and Red Raider alum Loyd Dale.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.