Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Another pool thread

1,064 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Corps_Ag12
malenurse
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have Jandy operating system and I think my controller mother board is fried. All lights are on. None of the buttons work. Reading pool threads leads me to think I need to replace the board. Ok, easy enough except the board is anywhere from $400-600.

Operating the pool on a manual basis for now.

Pool was installed previous to my ownership, but I believe it is around 10-15 years old.

Questions:

Should I replace the board and see it that solves the problem?

Is there a way to test the board?

Another option is to get bids to replace current, old tech, operating system and replace with modern system.

Anyone have a favorite pool repair in Fort Bend County?

Pics are on phone and will post shortly.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But, it's still on the list.
Sea Speed
AG
I would be interested in replacing my pools controller as well so interested in this thread. How much does that usually run?
Whitetail
AG
For pool questions go to trouble free pool forums.

I have no idea if this answers your question, but if you scour the forums, I bet you find an existing thread that answers your question.

For example:
https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/is-there-a-nest-like-smart-controller-to-replace-my-aqualink-rs4.241636/
Old School Brother
AG
Went through this recently. My pool was only about 8 years old, but one of the hard freezes this past winter killed my controller (Hayward). I do all of my own maintenance, but have a local pool store that I trust. I spoke to the owner and he gave me a couple of options. To replace the board for my older generation controller would cost about $1000. For $1400, I could upgrade to the latest controller and be able to control everything from an app. I went ahead with the upgrade.
Corps_Ag12
AG
I think there's someone here who is a servicer in the Houston area who could help, but $1,400 would be on par to swap out the boards for a Jandy system. This would eliminate the inside controller and put everything on the phone for you instead of a panel.

I'm in Fort Worth, otherwise I'd offer to help out. I can always get you an estimate to replace & ship the parts to you but you'd be on your own for install (which is super easy).

You'd want this kit: https://www.poolcleaningparts.com/jandy-iaqualink-iq30-rs-network-interface-module.html

BUT if you buy it online chances are you won't get a warranty from Jandy on it. If you bought it from a Jandy Pro dealer & have them install it, you would get a 3 year warranty.

You would also have to reprogram all of your pumps, lights, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.