Home Improvement
Sponsored by

AC Damper Motor Replacement Options

532 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by MS08
rme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a Synchron 38600L that is not working. Power supply is good and damper does not close. Is there a replacement motor option that will allow me to control how much the damper opens? I see an adjustable honeywell model, what's the chance it works with my damper?

Replacing the entire damper/motor with adjustable is an option, but that's a bigger job.
88agswin
AG
Actually the opposite is true....either way you have to remove the duct work from the actual damper assembly because you have to get inside to remove the damper blade from the motor...I personally think it's much quicker (yes it is more expensive) to replace the whole assembly...slide the flex duct off each end...slide the new damper with new motor back in place and reconnect the duct work....labor wise it is definitely quicker anyways.
[URL]http://wiseguyscooling.com [/URL]
MS08
AG
rme said:

I have a Synchron 38600L that is not working. Power supply is good and damper does not close. Is there a replacement motor option that will allow me to control how much the damper opens? I see an adjustable honeywell model, what's the chance it works with my damper?

Replacing the entire damper/motor with adjustable is an option, but that's a bigger job.

Do some research or make an attempt to do the Honeywell damper motor replacement. If it doesn't work you can return it. But, if it does this is your path of lest resistance and most economical.
rme
AG
It looks like I can replace the original motor with the same model without getting inside the damper.

rme
AG
I did plenty of research prior to my original post. As an example, the Honeywell model doesn't have a shaft like the Synchron.

Honeywell left and Synchron right.

Question is will anything adjustable work as a direct replacement for the Synchron without replacing the damper section?
MS08
AG
rme said:

I did plenty of research prior to my original post. As an example, the Honeywell model doesn't have a shaft like the Synchron.

Honeywell left and Synchron right.

Question is will anything adjustable work as a direct replacement for the Synchron without replacing the damper section?

I can't speak to if the Honeywell motor will work. But the Honeywell motor you have on the left here is all I use. I believe it should work as a damper motor replacement but I don't know 100%
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.