Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Hayward T-cell 15 for sal****er pool

1,104 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by combat wombat™
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My salt cell has failed. Just got a price for a new T-cell for a 25,000gal pool $1,229. Does that sound high?
Formerly Willy Wonka
Corps_Ag12
AG
is it the TCELL925? That's rated up to 25k gallons.

Did it include installation?
JYDog90
AG
Yes
Formerly Willy Wonka
ktownag08
AG
$899 at Leslie's
TexAg1987
ktownag08 said:

$899 at Leslie's

This.

Easy to install yourself.
RC_57
AG
Will post here tomorrow the name of a shop in Florida where you can either get yours replated or a refurbished one. Works just as well and a hell of lot less $s.
fire09
AG
If you are in Houston I can get you one for wholesale. It's significantly cheaper than the Leslie's price posted here. Easy to install yourself or I can help you if you are close by. Post your contact info if interested. Refurbs are also a good option if you are looking to go low cost.
Sims
AG
I replaced with this brand last time I went through a cell, it's been fine.

Amazon
Corps_Ag12
AG
JYDog90 said:

Yes
As stated by others, this is easy to install yourself. May take 30 minutes, just be careful not to overtighten the unions if you use channel locks or a pipe wrench. I'd pick up some magic lube too and put that on the threads so they don't seize together in the future.

If i were doing it for someone who called out of the blue, it'd be a service fee of $150 plus the cost of the cell marked up accordingly.

But I am not a Hayward dealer so while I could get it for you at cost i couldn't warranty it. Not sure what kind of warranty you get from Leslie's. I know Jandy (what i sell) requires a "Jandy Pool Pro" to install it to get their 3 year parts & labor warranty.
JYDog90
AG
The warranty was a bigger deal for me. Leslie's gave me a 2-yr warranty, this other place gave me a 4-yr warranty. Given that this one lasted about 49 months, I paid a little extra for the additional 2 yrs.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Corps_Ag12
AG
JYDog90 said:

The warranty was a bigger deal for me. Leslie's gave me a 2-yr warranty, this other place gave me a 4-yr warranty. Given that this one lasted about 49 months, I paid a little extra for the additional 2 yrs.

Good deal, just make sure you're cleaning it quarterly, even if it only has a small amount of build up. That'll help extend the life of the cell.
JYDog90
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

JYDog90 said:

Good deal, just make sure you're cleaning it quarterly, even if it only has a small amount of build up. That'll help extend the life of the cell.

Yeah, that was my mistake with the last one.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Flashdiaz
AG
That thread title censor took me a bit to figure out
combat wombat™
AG
Sal****er
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.