Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Closet Companies

465 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 23 days ago by tgivaughn
rme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are redoing master bath and looking at closet options. I've met with California Closets and Closet Factory and requested info from the company doing the bathroom.

California Closets uses what I call laminate and it looks pretty good. We would do shaker style and I think that would avoid the lower quality look of their mitred doors and drawer fronts. Their drawers seem to be better than Closet Factory.

Closet Factory is more of a "shrink-wrapped" product. Our neighbors used them and theirs looks nice. Closet Factory is about 25% lower priced than California Closets.

Neither product is all wood, I expect that my bathroom contractor would use all wood.

Anyone have experience with these companies or thoughts?

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Please don't post pics or show the finished product to my wife.
tgivaughn
AG
In all of the residential designs, only one stands out as wishing to use a closet design shop.
It was the same Houston one Geo/Barbara Bush used for their Library housing that my arch.buddy managed for them when working at TAMU.

After installed, the Owner agreed that a) they are cabinets crazy (they has a live-in German cabinetman for the Kitchen & Baths w/special features) & b) that their German and even locals could have planned out a more productive space with equal/better materials in a better timeframe.

It's really all in the planning, tailoring what you have, need & wishes with a licensed designer, then a top drawer cabinet man/shop that includes gratis Shop Drawings.

Indeed those companies mentioned offer food for thought and may suit on-the-rack soles.
IMHO and am sticking to it
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.