Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Another A/C Thread

452 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by jt2hunt
2007fightintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any feedback on whether a two-stage is worth the additional cost? Seems to be more and more popular here in BCS with humidity levels but would welcome some actual feedback.

Also if you were in a position of knowing that your unit probably had a year or so of life left based on recent assessments, would you look at getting a new 410a unit before the end of this year or wait until '25 and go with an R32 unit. Assuming you're going to get a 10-year-ish lifespan out of a new unit, seems like the safer bet is to have the new refrigerant for that 5+ years down the road. But also talking to some HVAC sales guys that are saying to get a 410a unit before pricing starts to increase.

Any thoughts?
vmiaptetr
AG
Two stage should be your base. If it's your forever home, go variable.

I can't speak to refrigerants.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
vmiaptetr said:

Two stage should be your base. If it's your forever home, go variable.

I can't speak to refrigerants.
I agree with this advice. I went with a 2 stage 410a unit this summer. I did not want to see the price hike for the additional technology required to deal with the flammable new refrigerant.
tgivaughn
AG
100% agree
If possible always elect the new refrigerant, since this is a 20+ year investment that may need affordable/accessible "fuel"
IMHO and am sticking to it
jt2hunt
AG
tgivaughn said:

100% agree
If possible always elect the new refrigerant, since this is a 20+ year investment that may need affordable/accessible "fuel"

Or you can just keep getting r 22 systems that people are throwing away to get a new system
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.