Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Asian Dinner Night

10,661 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Scotts Tot
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there anyone who would be interested in a few delicious recipes to prepare a dinner comprised of all Asian dishes. The recipes are not difficult and very straight forward. I was thinking:

- Pepper Steak
- Korean Spinach
- Korean Flanken Short Ribs
- Fried Rice
Ag_07
AG
I can't help with the specific recipes but this cashew chicken recipe is nails! I usually double it to make leftovers.

Tanker123
Ag_07 said:

I can't help with the specific recipes but this cashew chicken recipe is nails! I usually double it to make leftovers.

Thanks. I will try it out. It looks simple enough.
Tanker123
Ag_07 said:

Pepper Steak
The bamboo shoots give it a nice contrast in flavor which I call woodsy. Add oyster sauce for a new flavor profile and a bit of sweetness to the dish. The white wine marries well with the other ingredients.

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
2 lbs. thin beef, cut into 2 by 1/2-inch strips -OR- 2 lbs. hamburger meat.
1 tablespoon sesame oil.
4 tablespoons cooking oil.
1 small can of bamboo shoots, drained.
2 bell peppers cut into 1-inch squares.
2 onions sliced lengthwise into 1-inch squares.
2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 cup of cold water.
3 beef bouillon cubes.
3 tablespoons garlic powder.
1/3 cup dry white wine.
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or to taste.
1/4 cup fresh grated ginger or to taste.
1 chopped Serrano pepper or to taste.
Salt to taste.
1/2 cup oyster sauce.

Instructions:
1. Combine cornstarch, water, and beef bouillons in cold water. Let it sit
until the bouillons are dissolve in a few minutes.
2. Pour the cooking and sesame oil into a large frying pan over medium
high heat.
3. Fry the meat, bell pepper, onion, and bamboo shoots for about 10
Minutes or until the beef is cooked. Stir and flip constantly.
4. Don't overcook the veggies.
5. Reduce the heat to low.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir constantly to ensure the sauce
thickens evenly. When the sauce thickens simmer for 5 minutes then
serve.
Tanker123
Fried Rice

Ingredients:
6 cups of cooked long grain rice. Do not use sticky rice.
2 chicken bouillon cubes.
1 teaspoon sesame oil.
3 tablespoons cooking oil.
2 eggs scrambled and then chopped.
1/2 cup onions, chopped.
1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped.
1/2 cup frozen peas.
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or to taste.
1 tablespoon garlic powder or to taste.
Garlic salt to taste.
Optional: 1/3 cup of chopped green onions and 1 to 2 cups of uncooked shrimp.

Instructions:
1. Add the chicken bouillon and peas to a pot and cook the rice.
2. Spread the cooked rice on a baking pan to cool to room temperature.
3. Soft scramble the eggs.
4. Put oil in a large quality non-stick pan over medium high heat.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients (to include shrimp) except for the green
onions into the pan.
6. Break down rice clumps and flip the rice constantly for 10 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked.
HTownAg98
This is a bit confusing, because most people aren't going to know that you need two cups of uncooked rice to yield six cups cooked. Also, the peas do not need to be cooked with the rice; add them toward the end, and they won't overcook (they will if you cook them with the rice and then cook them again). And that seems like a lot of soy sauce, even if it's low-sodium, especially since the rice is already seasoned with the chicken bouillon.
Tanker123
HTownAg98 said:

This is a bit confusing, because most people aren't going to know that you need two cups of uncooked rice to yield six cups cooked. Also, the peas do not need to be cooked with the rice; add them toward the end, and they won't overcook (they will if you cook them with the rice and then cook them again). And that seems like a lot of soy sauce, even if it's low-sodium, especially since the rice is already seasoned with the chicken bouillon.
Ok. Confusing? I should say cook 2 cups of rice to make 6 cups of cooked rice? I am done with this thread. lol
DiskoTroop
Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Ok. Confusing? I should say cook 2 cups of rice to make 6 cups of cooked rice? I am done with this thread. lol

Fella, I'm sorry to say, I think you're engaging this board oddly. I feel like you mean well and you're good spirited but asking if anyone wants a recipe is… different. Just post it! I was confused by your post asking if we wanted the recipes. Just post them with pictures of your finished product (minimum) or maybe your process.
Tanker123
DiskoTroop said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Fella, I'm sorry to say, I think you're engaging this board oddly. I feel like you mean well and you're good spirited but asking if anyone wants a recipe is… different. Just post it! I was confused by your post asking if we wanted the recipes. Just post them with pictures of your finished product (minimum) or maybe your process.
No good deed goes unpunished. I was going to post Korean, Filipino, Japanese, and Chinese recipes, but I am done with the thread.
HTownAg98
Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Yes, you should. Anyone that writes recipes would know this, especially since your recipe starts with six cups cooked rice, and then step 1 is to cook the damn rice. Someone reading that is going to wonder what the **** you're talking about.

If you can't take constructive criticism to make better food, that's a you problem. And don't ask if anyone wants to see a recipe. Just post it, tell us how it turned out, and offer any changes that you made to the recipe to make it better. Lord knows I've had my own share of kitchen failures. That's one of the good things about this forum. You can post your fails, ask questions, and there's a deep breadth of knowledge here that can help you fix it. But getting all indignant and butthurt about a poorly written recipe makes you look a tool.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Would Uncle Roger approve?
Tanker123
HTownAg98 said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Yes, you should. Anyone that writes recipes would know this, especially since your recipe starts with six cups cooked rice, and then step 1 is to cook the damn rice. Someone reading that is going to wonder what the **** you're talking about.

If you can't take constructive criticism to make better food, that's a you problem. And don't ask if anyone wants to see a recipe. Just post it, tell us how it turned out, and offer any changes that you made to the recipe to make it better. Lord knows I've had my own share of kitchen failures. That's one of the good things about this forum. You can post your fails, ask questions, and there's a deep breadth of knowledge here that can help you fix it. But getting all indignant and butthurt about a poorly written recipe makes you look a tool.
I am entirely too busy to argue about fried rice. I think it is appropriate for you to take over this thread. The floor is all yours!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
HTownAg98
This is…weird. I have no intention of taking over this thread. You're one odd duck.
bam02
AG
What is this place i wandered into?
Tanker123
HTownAg98 said:

This is…weird. I have no intention of taking over this thread. You're one odd duck.
You are coming in broken.
Eliminatus
AG
DiskoTroop said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

This is literally the MO of this poster. Asks to spread his knowledge and when the masses don't bow before the glorious words, inflate a victim complex to crazy proportions, declare they are done, doesn't leave. Every. Single. Thread. The MIL board is extremely aware of this by now.

IOW, don't bother engaging.
B-1 83
AG
I love fried rice, but bell pepper seems odd in there.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
GAC06
AG
Eliminatus said:

DiskoTroop said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

This is literally the MO of this poster. Asks to spread his knowledge and when the masses don't bow before the glorious words, inflate a victim complex to crazy proportions, declare they are done, doesn't leave. Every. Single. Thread. The MIL board is extremely aware of this by now.

It's fun to watch the inevitable train wreck though
Tanker123
B-1 83 said:

I love fried rice, but bell pepper seems odd in there.
Then don't use it. lol
Tanker123
Eliminatus said:

DiskoTroop said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Case in point is nobody believes I found a paradigm that has a 99% accuracy rate in predicting college football winners given certain criteria are met. I will be laughing as drive to the bank. lol
Tanker123
Eliminatus said:

DiskoTroop said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

What do you mean by masses don't bow?
GAC06
AG
Quote:

I am done with the thread
Tanker123
GAC06 said:

Quote:

I am done with the thread

Where did I post that?
GAC06
AG
Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Here
GAC06
AG
Tanker123 said:

DiskoTroop said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

No good deed goes unpunished. I was going to post Korean, Filipino, Japanese, and Chinese recipes, but I am done with the thread.

And here
GAC06
AG
Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

I am entirely too busy to argue about fried rice. I think it is appropriate for you to take over this thread. The floor is all yours!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

And you alluded to it here
Tanker123
GAC06 said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

And you alluded to it here
I am actually having fun in this process.
Mathguy64
AG
These threads are ever better than Hedge threads.
Tanker123
I am earnestly waiting for the definition of "Bow"!
NColoradoAG
I am almost certain the OP is an AI bot gone rogue.
Tanker123
NColoradoAG said:

lol There is no shame in my game. I help people with PTSD. I know military tactics. Wrote a cookbook. I will also make a ton of money wagering on college football. I retired at 45 with a six-figure retirement. Life is sweet!
DiskoTroop
NColoradoAG said:

I think it's Fido trying a new angle to get people to listen to him.

Less complex recipes, same snark and attitude
Tanker123
DiskoTroop said:

NColoradoAG said:

I think it's Fido trying a new angle to get people to listen to him.

Less complex recipes, same snark and attitude

Irony is there is only one poster who addressed the culinary topic on hand. All others add absolutely no value to the thread! It's unrelenting *****ing like old women which you folks are good at. lol
Tanker123
Perhaps I should have indulged some of you with
the various ways to cook rice because the concept of cooked rice is mind blowing and confusing:

- Boil the rice.
- Use a rice cooker.
- Fry the rice first.
- Pilaf
- Use bamboo if you are in the jungle.

Hahaha
Mathguy64
AG
Quote:

I am done with the thread.

Liar liar pants on fire.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.