Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

OK, I am an OLD, So what is up with this Induction Cooking???

617 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by caddy
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, Y'all know I am old, 75, but still love to cook, not as much as FIDO, but some. So I am on Outdoors and read something about a guy using Induction Cooking. What up??? What is the deal, you cannot just cook on gas? What makes this so special and or so good? Checked what he was using, a $1,500 Brevillie, and NO WAY. Amazon has these things for less than a $100. Why do I want one, why should I have one, what would I cook on it, what is so special you need one. As stated, I am an old, so much new stuff is beyond me. Thanks!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
smstork1007
AG
Induction cooking has been around for at long long time, it's not new, just the marketing is new. Outside of boiling water faster, and then much more instant temp control, not much to it. I much prefer gas to anything else, and once you have your fire control figured out, you are just as good or better. No need to go down this rabbit hole imo, but i'm sure there are induction fanboys like everything else, including gas.
smstork1007
AG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_cooking

You can read all you care to on the "tech" here.
eric76
AG
If I understand it correctly, the stovetop itself does not get hot.

For someone like me who occasionally leaves something staying on the burner and melts or destroys it, that could be a big advantage.

The disadvantage would be that it won't work with my most used pots. I mostly use the old Visions cookware.
ef857002-e9da-4375-b80a-869a3518bb00@8shield.net
caddy
We have an induction stove top. It does heat the pans up quickly as advertised. The stove top gets warm but not hot, but the pans themselves get hot just as any pan would. To do over again I would likely choose a gas stove top.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.