Story Poster
Photo by Brice Jones, TexAgs.com
Texas A&M Basketball

One-on-one Locker Room Chat with Ray Turner

March 7, 2012

On how it feels to get a win in the conference tournament…
“It feels good. It would have felt even better to get the win over at their place. We kind of executed better this game, prepared a little better and I was trying to leave here with this win so I was going to do whatever I needed to do to get it.”

On how he played individually…
“I think I brought a lot of energy. I think I tried to make plays that I needed to make. Coaches needed me to step up and be more of a leader and try to go out there and do more things as a team. That’s what I tried to do today, so when I got the ball I just tried to make sure I do the best play for the team, not just for myself and go from there.”

On whether playing Oklahoma so recently helped in this game…
“I think it was actually better because we had recently played them at their place. Scouting wise we were really prepared, especially guarding their plays and running offense and making sure we execute on our end. Coming to play them again was kind of wondering whether or not who was going to come out and do what on our team, just because we need everybody in it. It was basically whoever was going to come out with the most energy and the most urge to win was going to come out on top because scouting wise both teams were on top of everything.”

On what changed between halves offensively…
“First half we weren’t making shots from midrange and from the three point line other than Elston here and there making his strive for the team. Coach told us to make sure for me not to be frustrated because I was in foul trouble early. Coming out there in the second half, going at them in the paint, Dave did an excellent job finding me down low or Elston did a good job driving the ball and then getting a good pass off. I think it came together when everybody played well and everybody looked for everybody other than settling for jumpers.”

On if the team will still trying to score inside against the bigs of Kansas…
“Yes. We’ve got to. We know they are pretty physical and pretty big but we can’t let that stop us from doing what we’ve got to do. We’ve got to be there for our team, we’ve got to be there to step up against great players and those guys are good players. We’ve got to prepare to go out there and dominate them on the defensive end and offensive end.”

On what it will take to beat Kansas Thursday afternoon…
“The will to win and going out there willing to fight for the ones who are around you and the ones who are here for you, especially the seniors. We have to finish off strong for them and whatever it takes, we’re all in.”
Discussion from...

Ray Turner...

7,495 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by AgFromTheProjects
Logan Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
One-on-One Locker Room Chat Ray Turner
Method Man
He was great tonight.
agfan1030
Thanks for the interview...like to listen to Ray talk
AgFromTheProjects
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.