Texas at AM

2,339 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by bobinator
MarcAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Students don't start back for another week
BLSmith04
AG
Damn this really sucks. Screw Snakey and the SEC. Ridiculous that this game isn't in February.
ja86
AG
way to help out a bro league office
bobinator
AG
Could be good news, I imagine that game will be full no matter when it is. Might not be as rowdy as when students are fully back, but will still be a big crowd at a time we normally have small crowds.
washedupballer
AG
I, a student, will absolutely be present
Ag13
AG
Just need 3-4k students to fill up the student section. Certainly not impossible, though, logistically it might get difficult if there's more or less than whatever is expected. I think there's enough Aggie students from B/CS and Houston that can make a quick trip that this won't matter too much. May not get campers/students in the aisles, but I think the students will show up for this. Especially after seeing how crazy the football game is...
bobinator
AG
Will be interesting to see how ticketing handles this. They need a way for students to check in that they'll be attending this game so they at least have a ballpark of how many GA tickets they can sell.
MarcAg
AG
I don't think we will have a sparse crowd. Will be a sellout or close to it. I just expect to see less students than if it was a week later. And I'd rather it be packed with students than old folks from College Station
Ag13
AG
MarcAg said:

I don't think we will have a sparse crowd. Will be a sellout or close to it. I just expect to see less students than if it was a week later. And I'd rather it be packed with students than old folks from College Station
Absolutely - will approach 13k regardless. More students the better though and like bobinator said - will be interesting to see how they handle the unknown number of students that will try and show up.

Unfortunately if I had to bet now - they will sell way too many GA tickets to the public (to ensure a full house and make some extra revenue) and then the student crowd will inevitably surprise to the upside. Fire marshall won't be too happy
bobinator
AG
I assume the return game will be the last game of the season
LawHall88
AG
MarcAg said:

Or any folks from Austin.
PJYoung
AG
bobinator said:

Could be good news, I imagine that game will be full no matter when it is. Might not be as rowdy as when students are fully back, but will still be a big crowd at a time we normally have small crowds.
This is actually the correct answer.
MarcAg
AG
I'd rather play Georgia with 4,200 fans in attendance that weekend and then play Texas later with 7,000 students in attendance

I'm sure the thinking by the conference was let's kickoff SEC play with a marquee matchup and I get that. But still think it would have been much wilder scene later.
LandArchSA
AG
I'm going to tell my son to start a rival campout line at Reed for tickets to this game while the other kids are still outside Kyle
Proposition Joe
I think in every major sport every season we have this marquee matchup that everyone has their eyes on later in the season that rarely if ever actually pans out to be a big game.
The Marksman
AG
The students will be there, make no mistake
The Collective
AG
Don't assume your reserved seats will be safe.
bobinator
AG
No doubt that if I got to make the schedule myself I'd have put this as the last game of the season.
greg.w.h
AG
So...will I or won't I be able to buy a ticket on the secondary market for a certain January game??? Asking for....a me.
GrayMatter
AG
Probably scheduled that way for TV. There wont be any major college football on that day except for the Bahamas Bowl.
PJYoung
AG
The Marksman said:

The students will be there, make no mistake

Yeah I would be shocked if we don't have max students there for Texas. Out of 70k or whatever we have enrolled now.

It's not Christmas Day.
frenchtoast
I used to get so angry at all the people that would only show up for the texas game.
bg92
AG
How they handle tickets will be interesting. Do it wrong, and the amount of orange will go way up....
bobinator
AG
I doubt it. Just a matter of if there's empty seats.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I understand the SEC scheduled this game on 1/4 to start SEC play with a marquee matchup that will generate a lot of national attention, but I wish we are hosting Texas in February after we have played them in Austin on 1/25. Since Texas gets to host us when their students are all back, we should have been able to host Texas when our students are back. Still, this game will probably be close to full capacity because some students can make a drive of 2 hours or fewer from Austin, Houston, or Waco.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
So A&M v tu in mbb is a "marquee" match up that generates national interest?

Huh…who knew!

If sip v OU is in late Feb/Mar it tells you what the sec thinks…that's a more lucrative rivalry to them, just like after 2025, the ag v sip football game is likely not in Nov since lsu is not playing arky every year nor are we…yet sippy is.

Ags v sip is a big deal here in Texas, and a bigger deal to us than sips…nationally it is just mildly interesting. The general fan talks about Ohio state UM, Bama Auburn, FL fSU…the numbers have shown that for years.
Know Your Enemy
AG
You do realize we play them twice, right?
bobinator
AG
I mean ESPN knows, for several years running that game was practically always a Big Monday game or Saturday game on ESPN. Add in that both teams are probably starting the season ranked and that it's Texas' first trip to Reed Arena in 13 years and I think you've got a good recipe for a pretty intriguing game.

Arkansas at Tennessee and Florida at Kentucky are also that day, so it does look like they wanted to stack the deck a bit there on that first Saturday without college football.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.