Did Childress have choice words for Schloss afterwards

46,039 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Justice Beaver
yumadbroski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Every time Baylor or purple Baylor gets good at something, there's a 10 year learning curve for their fans to:

- act like they've been there
- develop a basic knowledge of the sport in question
- learn a little bit of the sport's history and their team's place in it.
Using purple or baylor in a derogatory way means absolutely nothing, in fact, laughable.

Both the "purple" school and baylor are better then a&m in either baseball or football.

Use texas tech, they suck, at everything.

UncleNess
AG
quote:
quote:
Every time Baylor or purple Baylor gets good at something, there's a 10 year learning curve for their fans to:

Using purple or baylor in a derogatory way means absolutely nothing, in fact, laughable.

Both the "purple" school and baylor are better then a&m in either baseball or football.

Single stupidest thing that's been said today.
Boxer
Lol typical statement from purple tard
RioAg79
That wasn't bush league by purple Baylor's coach.....That was a dick move.
What maturity Hendrix showed. He kept his cool and continued with command of his pitches.
I wish Hendrix would have nailed him.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
quote:

Tell me, are you old enough to have ever seen tcu beat a&M??

2001/12/28 TCU 9 - Texas A&M 28
1995/11/25 TCU 6 - Texas A&M 38
1994/11/19 TCU 17 - Texas A&M 34
1993/11/20 TCU 3 - Texas A&M 59
1992/11/21 TCU 10 - Texas A&M 37
1991/11/09 TCU 7 - Texas A&M 44 L
1990/11/24 TCU 10 - Texas A&M 56 L
1989/09/16 TCU 7 - Texas A&M 44 L
1988/11/19 TCU 0 - Texas A&M 18 L
1987/11/21 TCU 24 - Texas A&M 42 L
1986/11/22 TCU 10 - Texas A&M 74 L
1985/11/23 TCU 6 - Texas A&M 53 L
1984/11/24 TCU 21 - Texas A&M 35 L
1983/11/19 TCU 10 - Texas A&M 20 L
1982/11/20 TCU 14 - Texas A&M 34 L
1981/11/21 TCU 7 - Texas A&M 37 L
1980/11/22 TCU 10 - Texas A&M 13 L
1979/11/24 TCU 7 - Texas A&M 30 L
1978/11/25 TCU 7 - Texas A&M 15 L
1977/11/19 TCU 23 - Texas A&M 52 L
1976/11/20 TCU 10 - Texas A&M 59 L
1975/10/18 TCU 6 - Texas A&M 14 L
1974/10/19 TCU 0 - Texas A&M 17
1973/10/20 TCU 16 - Texas A&M 35 L
trouble
AG
Get out newbie
PhiAggie
AG
Well...it worked.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
quote:

Is that so?
dfphotos
markandles going classic baylorfans....bringing up 1995 lol.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
Really?? that's the comparison?

I posted that in rebuttal to his statement "Both the "purple" school and baylor are better then a&m in either baseball or football."

If you haven't beaten a team in 40 years, I think I would keep my trap shut.
WGann3
AG
quote:
That looks more like he brought up '73 to '01 to me. 23 in a row is absolutely brutal.

TCU's sports program is as absolutely at it's climax right now. If you're a true TCU fan that suffered through all of the beatdowns they've taken since the beginning of time, go enjoy what you have going on right now and quit trolling another team's forums. God knows if we can finally get over the hump and have some consistent winners, I won't be lurking on SpitBloodTCU or whatever it's called and will be celebrating with my Texas A&M friends and family who have gritted it out through the ups and downs.
Justice Beaver
AG
Purple Rice is probably a better moniker in baseball anyway. Not academics.
Play in a **** conference and rack up enough wins to host in the postseason and then get on a run and get some luck to advance to Omaha.
dfphotos
when 20 years ago is all you got, I suppose go with it.
The Collective
AG
I thought the stunt took a bit of the shine off an otherwise great game and series. I was disappointed in Schloss, as it was out of character for him from what I've heard.
dfphotos
Schloss discussed briefly in the post-game conference
jmfshr
AG
"Disrupting his timing", "Getting in his head", etc.. Sounds like a coach who is actively involved in the game, and doing everything he can to help his team win.. not just standing around in the dug-out, writing on a wall-chart.. What he did may be called bush-league, but it's not against the rules..
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I thought the stunt took a bit of the shine off an otherwise great game and series. I was disappointed in Schloss, as it was out of character for him from what I've heard.

He almost looked sick like he didn't want to do it when he was doing it.

Oh well, it's part of the game, but it's semi bush-league. One of the members of the media contingency from CS Should have gone bush league themselves in the press conference and asked a loaded question.

"Coach, take us through the decision to go with the bush league move to check Hendrix for a foreign substance there. Did you see something at that moment in the game that you felt doing this would mess him up mentally?"
WGann3
AG
quote:
I'll be the first to admit I'd take TCU to win 6 or 7 out of 10 games against us if we'd played over the last decade. It doesn't erase a century of dominance over you guys. But we didn't even play on the field so who knows for certain.
bluewave58
AG
Never seen that happen before in a college game!!!! Did you see the look on the TCU's coach's face right after the incident?
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
What he did may be called bush-league, but it's not against the rules..
Poor sportsmanship, if not technically "against the rules", should not be practiced by a head coach.

That you're okay with it says it all.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
"Disrupting his timing", "Getting in his head", etc.. Sounds like a coach who is actively involved in the game, and doing everything he can to help his team win.. not just standing around in the dug-out, writing on a wall-chart.. What he did may be called bush-league, but it's not against the rules..
That's why it's called bush league ...
trouble
AG
quote:

Hmmmmm.....I wonder what happened about 20 years ago that we stopped beating y'all down every year.

Oooooh yes, you got sent to a **** conference because you weren't relevant.
txag614
quote:
Disappointed we didn't follow suit the following inning
dfphotos
Frogs have ended Aggie baseball season twice in the last 4 years. but somehow 20 year old football is what makes you feel better. Understandable.
Texas 1836
AG
quote:
Frogs have ended Aggie baseball season twice in the last 4 years. but somehow 20 year old football is what makes you feel better. Understandable.
no one is denying that. Y'all are doing great right now. I like you a lot more than baylor. I thought y'all got the shaft when you got booted out of the conference and baylor stayed.

I hope you keep doing well. I fear it will be like us with basketball, or what baylor will probably go through with football. Get a good coach, do well, they leave and we go back to what we were.

You've sustained it for a while with football. That's great. You've got a good baseball coach, that's great.

Good luck to y'all in Omaha.
WGann3
AG
quote:
Again, you guys have had a remarkable uprising in 2 of the major 3 division 1 sports. Definitely achieved more than us in both in the past 5-10 years.

But sure, 20 year old football does make me feel better. I've got extremely fond memories of a lot of those games. But I don't need ancient history to make me feel better either, I'm damn proud of Texas A&M and some of the things we've accomplished. We're a perennial underachiever, but I have a damn good time supporting A&M sports and last night wasn't any different. See, the difference between us and 95% of other schools is we don't just show up when we're winning. We show up when we go 4-8 in football and when we go 25-35 in baseball.
amercer
AG
quote:

In fairness we would have kicked the **** out of you in football any of the last 4 years, so there is that.

Enjoy the baseball, maybe it will be our turn next year.
WGann3
AG
quote:
quote:

In fairness we would have kicked the **** out of you in football any of the last 4 years, so there is that.
I personally wouldn't go there with last year... Maybe the few before that.
amercer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I personally wouldn't go there with last year... Maybe the few before that.

I remember a lot of "good" A&M teams getting stomped by middle of the road SEC squads over the years. I have little doubt that the reverse would mostly hold true now. (I'll grant that TCU was pretty salty last year, and looked very good in thier bowl game)
WGann3
AG
Like the '04 (or whatever year that was) Cotton Bowl against Tennessee? What a fun one that was!
amercer
AG
quote:
Like the '04 (or whatever year that was) Cotton Bowl against Tennessee? What a fun one that was!

My hangover comes back just thinking about it.
TexasAggiesWin
S
The Frogs know they have won (and gotten under the skin of some Ags) when football records from 20-30 years ago are brought up in a baseball thread. When did this place turn into OB?
dfphotos
Yall? I live in Bryan.
amercer
AG
quote:
The Frogs know they have won (and gotten under the skin of some Ags) when football records from 20-30 years ago are brought up in a baseball thread. When did this place turn into OB?

As an Aggie there aren't really that many opportunities for historical smack, so I'll take what I can get.
WGann3
AG
quote:
I think it's been referred to a lot because it's why most TCU people hate Texas A&M just in general. I was born and raised in Fort Worth and come from an extremely TCU heavy family - both parents, 2 grandparents, 2 cousins and both aunts and uncles are all TCU. My brother and I plus a grandfather are the Aggies in the bunch.

They've never gotten over what A&M did to them for decades in the SWC. I think it's just the easiest way for us to get under their skin right back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.