Did Childress have choice words for Schloss afterwards

46,004 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Justice Beaver
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Really wanted the see that batter get rung up then a wave of the back of the glove to their dugout
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
A head coach had better have damn good cause for accusing a player of cheating.
Exactly! And this one obviously did not. It was clearly an attempt to get into the head of a young pitcher that was handcuffing his players. It was an act of desperation, and no way to treat a young amateur ball player. I lost all respect for him as a result. Nor do I respect those who condone/excuse his behavior. Needless to say, I would feel the same way if it had been our coach instead.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
This thread is making a mountain out of a mole hill imo
Of course, you would think that, because integrity apparently means nothing.

A grown man, accusing a young man, really good college pitcher of cheating means nothing in front of his team, MLB scouts, the 7,000 in attendance, and national television. I am sure you would appreciate your integrity being questioned in front of all of those people.

You should be embarrassed for that excuse of a spineless man, that the only thing he could come up with is to accuse Ryan Hendrix of cheating.

LOLOLOL at you thinking that I don't care about the integrity of college baseball coaches.

Schloss is a good man. You saying otherwise is blowing this situation out of proportion.

He says the kid kept going to his glove in a strange manner. Now, do I think that there is a snowball's chance in hell that Hendrix was using pine tar? No. But if Schloss did and Hendrix really was consistently going to his glove in a fishy way, he has a responsibility to check. The ump did, no harm no foul. I'd be really interested to watch a replay and see just out of curiousity.

If it was just trying to slow the game down, then I agree that its bush league. Totally within his rights and the rules, but dumb nonetheless. Still not a huge deal.

Either way, it doesn't put Schloss' character into jeopardy. He takes damn good care of his players, does a ton of good in the community, and by everything I have seen, heard, and when I have met him, he seemed like a good Christian family man who encourages his student athletes to be the same.
TexasRebel
AG
FWIW, you'd find pine tar on the barrel of the bats.
BoerneGator
AG
You might have a point if he had calmly gone about satisfying any legitimate concern he had. Instead, his hystionics and dramatic behavior were completely innapropriate and uncalled for. How do you explain that behavior other than as a mind game?
swimmerbabe11
He had already asked for a check at least once earlier in the game and was refused. The behavior that concerned him persisted and so he asked again....with vigor.
BoerneGator
AG
Fair point, if his frustration was with the ump, but he might have offered some sort of apology or deference to our pitcher, post game. His animation was over the top!
tamc12
AG
And of course we are supposed to believe what he says as if it is Gospel....haha of course he is going to place the blame on Ryan Hendrix's actions and not his own pathetic bs.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
Fair point, if his frustration was with the ump, but he might have offered some sort of apology or deference to our pitcher, post game. His animation was over the top!

He has said nothing but kind things about A&M and absolutely said that he didn't mean any disrespect.

Apologizing for getting heated at an ump that had been blowing the game behind the plate all day? Meh.
Ragoo
AG
The ump basically said to Hendrix, "sorry I am having to do this"

The tcu coach looked embarrassed immediately after the ordeal. He could have checked their bats to find residual but, nope.

Side bar: Hendrix always looks so intense like he wants to kick someone's ass.
trm94
AG
Swimmer - you don't know The TCU coach. I do - he was friends with my Father. Dude is an *******. Here is another secret - if we fired RC today, that ******* would be first in line asking about the A&M job. Wants to be either here or Texas so enjoy him while you can. You won't keep him much longer
OnlyForNow
AG
A good old fashioned Deggs' "in your face get thrown out argument" might have woken our boys up, but it didn't happen.

I do hope that LSU asks about their pitcher every single time. And not that it matters much now, but I'd demand a public appology from that ******* coach.

Like others have said, he very publically accused Hendrix and the team of cheating. That'd be similar to getting an annual review in front of all 100 employees of your current company and you're future potential employer, and be accused of stealing from the work place.
tamc12
AG
quote:
quote:
Glove checkSchlossnagle said he asked the umpire to check for a foreign substance on the glove of Texas A&M pitcher Ryan Hendrix."I've coached a few guys who had great breaking balls, who would maybe come up with a little pine tar here and there to help them get a little bit of a grip on a night like today," Schlossnagle said. "I hated to do that. He kept going to the back of his mitt."Schlossnagle said it's the first time in his career he's asked for that."I asked the umpire a couple of innings before, and he didn't want to do it," Schlossnagle said. "Eventually, my job I work at TCU, and my job is to represent the best interests of TCU. And so I just wanted him to check. Ryan's a great pitcher, and no disrespect. That's my job."
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article23591746.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article23591746.html
Seems as though the answer lies here. He is the coach that has allowed pitchers to use a bit of pine tar.
FYI CWS teams, be checking out TCU, Schloss has let the cat out of the bag. He is the coach that allows pitchers to cheat. Check their gloves, all their gloves, all the time. Cheaters often rationalize that everyone cheats and become suspicious. Herein lies the answer to his cheap pathetic charade last night.

Still do not believe Scloss ever thought there was a snowball's chance in hell that Hendrix was using pine tar. He is a lying piece that is just trying to cover his butt, now that he realizes what a** he made of himself on national television. Coaches all over must be laughing their butts off at his cheap, pathetic antics.
Little man, little integrity. I hope he gets payback in CWS, but his players may end up taking the brunt of it from the other SEC teams.
Justice Beaver
AG
Between Schlossnagle's Busch league antics and the stupid wooing/dying coyote sound after every ball, I'm a huge LSU fan next weekend for the first time in my life.
AggieKeith15
AG
It was absolute BS Swimmer, and it was very obvious on TV. Your TCU homerism is blinding you. If Childress did that I would have absolutely questioned his integrity as well. Its embarrassing and destructive to the game.
TexasRebel
AG
Ugh...

That game is going to look like Barney exploded.
swimmerbabe11
Bush league stall tactic at worst, still not a huge deal.
And I don't know what he'd be trying to disrupt, we'd just gotten a leadoff single.

I don't like the call personally (and got lambasted on KillerFrogs for it) but I don't think in the grand scheme of things its a huge deal.
Clown_World
Bush league move

Jones should have worn one from Hendrix at about 94 in the ribs instead of getting the intentional walk. That's how you fix that stuff....not by playing nice in front of the media after the game.
Rocky Rider
AG
I haven't read a report that Hendrix going to his mit in an strange way is confirmed. This is the easiest way to determine if he's telling the truth or is a liar.
tamc12
AG
For another thing he not only was questioning Ryan Hendrix's honor of the game but also Childress's honor as a coach. I don't know how you can be more disrespectful than that.

Your excuses are just as lame as your coaches. Screw someone over and then try to say you didn't mean to hurt them or disrespect them apparently suffices in your mind and in your world.
JDay
I got half a dozen texts from guys I know who coach baseball at a variety of levels (high school, college, and college prep/academy baseball) none of which has anything to do with A&M but were watching the game for the entertainment value. They all unsolicited said it was an absolute joke that he did that and beyond bush. A couple thought the umpire should take some responsibility for allowing the crybaby tactic to work when it was obviously a baseless chicken**** move. It isn't just Aggies. A lot of random baseball people had strong opinions about Schlossnagle's antics.
skeetboy3
AG
I was hoping Hendrix would hand the glove to the ump after the inning. At first I thought hand it to the tcu coach, but he is bush enough to plant something
CharlieBrown17
AG
He had thrown 70 pitches at that point. If he had asked a few innings before for the ump to check then he was probably in the 30-40 range. Seems like he should've asked more frequently if he really thought something was going on.

Sounds like he came up with an excuse for why he did that while also saying he was OK with his guys doing the same as he accused as long as they weren't caught
Cornerback31
AG
A school that has cheated as much as tcu (should have got the death penalty for paying players under Jim Wacker) should be very careful about making false accusations. This is especially true since they purport to be a Christian school and a known tcu troll says the accuser is a Christian coach. Well I watch their actions, not their words, and I wonder.
trouble
AG
She isn't a troll.
Justice Beaver
AG
quote:
She isn't a troll.
Just a homer. Big difference.
trouble
AG
quote:
quote:
She isn't a troll.
Just a homer. Big difference.

It's a huge difference. She's been a respected poster around here for a long time. She's clear that we are her second school.

It really annoys me when people who don't post here regularly come in and call her a troll.

Nothing in her posts is trolling.
BoerneGator
AG
She IS a good poster, and a welcome addition to this board, but her zealous defense of her coach, who behaved poorly, while convincing, does not relieve him from responsibility, despite her insistence to the contrary.

His responsibility as coach do not justify what he did, period! Had his suspicions proved true, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but since they were unfounded, his motives were called into question. The ends do not justify the means!
trouble
AG
I never said she's always right and unbiased.
swimmerbabe11
I've said I didn't like the call, I just think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

It certainly doesn't mean that Schloss is a terrible person. He simply isn't.
dfphotos
quote:
A school that has cheated as much as tcu (should have got the death penalty for paying players under Jim Wacker) should be very careful
about making false accusations.

Nice troll attempt. And pretty rich coming from you.
Agsroll
AG
quote:
She IS a good poster, and a welcome addition to this board, but her zealous defense of her coach, who behaved poorly, while convincing, does not relieve him from responsibility, despite her insistence to the contrary.

His responsibility as coach do not justify what he did, period! Had his suspicions proved true, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but since they were unfounded, his motives were called into question. The ends do not justify the means!
The only way to confirm his SUSPICION is to have the glove checked. He did.

Get over it.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
I've said I didn't like the call, I just think people are making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

It certainly doesn't mean that Schloss is a terrible person. He simply isn't.
And your persistent minimizing serves no useful purpose, other than to diminish your own credibility here. Please stop.

Calling him out for a despicable act does not make him a "terrible person", and misses the point.
Bunk Moreland
despicable is totally not the right word here. It was bush league, but in the grand scheme of bush league...it was so minor it hardly registers.

Again, all it warranted was a member of the CS media contingency to just get under his skin and ask a question where they reference that it was bush league. but "despicable" act? It's not like he ordered a pitcher to throw at a guy's head, or pissed all over the ump's leg.
BoerneGator
AG
quote:
quote:

The only way to confirm his SUSPICION is to have the glove checked. He did.

Get over it.
It's about the manner in which he behaved to "have the glove checked"! In the middle of an inning, and after making a big scene! Convince me THAT was necessary! You cannot, because it WAS NOT!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.