*****2023 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

79,203 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Alyag08
goose91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Added Max Debiec RHP to the list
TAMU1990
AG
Stanley Tucker is in the portal according to Ryan.
trouble
AG
Not shocked
missinAggieland
AG
TAMU1990 said:

So sad. I really liked his speed and thought he was working his way into the starting lineup. Dang.
jkag89
Wicked Good Ag
I am not surprised by Tucker leaving. He is someone who with a large amount of position players leaving would likely start but wasn't given a real chance after numerous veterans had below par seasons for long stretches at a time.

Curious to see what type of program he ends up at

Saw him as a lead off hitter next year honestly.
goose91
AG
TAMU1990 said:

Thanks for the information. I haven't seen anything on D1Baseball or his twitter account yet so I am going to hold off on updating the list for now. I'm sure if Ryan has posted it, it's accurate, but i like to wait until I see something official.

Plus, I don't want to get 'accused' of taking information from the Premium board and reposting it here.
ftworthag02
AG
He's not on d1 transfer tracker site but maybe he will be added soon
dixichkn
AG
Dammit. Really didn't want to see Tuck leave
BoerneGator
AG
Isn't there a chance he could still return? Might not he be welcome? Don't blame him for testing the waters, but can't the portal swing both ways?
Sea Pony 07
AG
That's too bad, both my mom and I really liked him. But not surprised, thought he deserved more playing time.
Wicked Good Ag
If he bases his decision on last season then likely he goes if he thinks I can't do anything about the last season but can play the next season then he could stay. But he wasn't given a real shot IMO and watching long droughts by veteran players as a competitor probably sucked for him. Does he look forward or backward when making the decision ?? Does he like it here. ?? All questions only he and family can really answer.
goose91
AG
BoerneGator said:

Isn't there a chance he could still return? Might not he be welcome? Don't blame him for testing the waters, but can't the portal swing both ways?
It's possible. Logan Britt entered the transfer portal after the '21 season and then decided to return.
85AustinAg
AG
In proper Zoo fashion we've developed a folk hero. If Stanley Tucker could have helped this team win games then he would have been playing more. Glimpses of him in the field and at bat in a few games doesn't mean he should have been starting or getting more playing time. At best he's likely another JT and given a choice between a veteran like JT and someone new to the team - it's a no brainer.

Time to find something else to complain about...
TAM85
From what I saw ST is a better defensive player.
jkag89
I for one did not question who Schloss put into the lineup. Tucker just came across as a very likable guy with great enthusiasm for the Game and as such wanted him to get a shot at succeeding. I hope Stanley the best at whichever squad he finds himself next season.
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

In appropriate comment, at least on this thread, where I've seen no complaints. Only regret that he's decided to transfer out.
W
AG
the Ags were knocked out in the regional round this year

it's very fair to question some of the personnel decisions made by the coaching staff
jkag89
Why?

I understand it is fodder for message boards but I'm assuming the vast majority of us have a very limited insight into any of the players on the squad.
Luke The Drifter
AG
W said:

it's very fair to question some of the personnel decisions made by the coaching staff

Not only knocked out in the regional round, but knocked out in humiliating fashion (not only getting double dipped, but getting blown out in those losses.) Throw in the horrific losses - Lamar, Portland (x2), UTSA, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Sam Houston, the Alabama blowouts, and Mississippi State - as well as the listless sweeps at the hands of Tennessee and Arkansas, it is totally fair to question personnel decisions.

I'm still 100% Team Schloss, but there was definitely something wrong with the team this year - bad lineup combinations, a lack of talent, coaching shortcuts, bad attitudes, or whatever - but ultimately the head coach is responsible for making sure we don't lose 27 times in a season and get sent home before the super regional weekend.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
nereus
AG
Even top baseball programs have years like we just had. Getting knocked out in the regional round and having enough regular season losses to have to go on the road for a regional happens to all the best programs. The key is how often we get a result like this vs a result like last year and make a run in Omaha. We are only in year 2 of Schloss. We don't really know what we will get going forward but in baseball even top programs have to suffer with some years like this.
MSFC Aggie
AG
nereus said:

Even top baseball programs have years like we just had. Getting knocked out in the regional round and having enough regular season losses to have to go on the road for a regional happens to all the best programs. The key is how often we get a result like this vs a result like last year and make a run in Omaha. We are only in year 2 of Schloss. We don't really know what we will get going forward but in baseball even top programs have to suffer with some years like this.
So much this. If I was an Arky or Vandy fan, I think i'd be more upset with the results of this season than I am about A&M's.
trouble
AG
New one in today
MSFC Aggie
AG
goose91
AG
Added Ted Burton INF Michigan to the list. Thanks for the updates.
jmcfar_98
AG
Need to add this kid

Ryan Brauninger said:

Zane Badmaev is in. Highly talented reliever that picked A&M over OU and TCU

MR Gadsden
I came here to add him to the list but was a few minutes late.
Thisguy1
Colby Shelton in the portal. Somebody is going to get a stud.
jmcfar_98
AG
Thisguy1 said:

That would be a huge get. But I'm sure L$U will throw lots of money at him. Could thing they already have White at 3B.
ftworthag02
AG
Looks like Logan britt has a good year at acu. Do we need another outfielder?
HoustonAg2106
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Thisguy1 said:

That would be a huge get. But I'm sure L$U will throw lots of money at him. Could thing they already have White at 3B.

I think LSU ended up with 3 of the top 7 transfers last year (Skenes, White, and Hurd). They are definitely throwing around serious NIL $
91AggieLawyer
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

W said:

Not only knocked out in the regional round, but knocked out in humiliating fashion (not only getting double dipped, but getting blown out in those losses.) Throw in the horrific losses - Lamar, Portland (x2), UTSA, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Sam Houston, the Alabama blowouts, and Mississippi State - as well as the listless sweeps at the hands of Tennessee and Arkansas, it is totally fair to question personnel decisions.

I'm still 100% Team Schloss, but there was definitely something wrong with the team this year - bad lineup combinations, a lack of talent, coaching shortcuts, bad attitudes, or whatever - but ultimately the head coach is responsible for making sure we don't lose 27 times in a season and get sent home before the super regional weekend.

Its always fair to point out issues but I think previous staffs would not have a) had us playing as well as we did at the end of the year; and b) had us at 2-0 at a regional. The rest of the stuff you mentioned other than the first sentence, wasn't relevant in the big scheme of things as one win and we're in the Supers in clearly a down year. I don't think it is being overly sunshine pumping (if you will) to believe that where we were at the end of the season given the rest of the year was pretty dang good.

I think the bottom line is that I, someone who has never hesitated to complain when we're off track (by my estimation, right or wrong), feels far more confident in this staff's ability to correct whatever deficiencies there were in the program this year. I think you did a great job of pointing them out and I hope the staff is equally as perceptive (and more). We're not going to get better unless we know what's wrong and the previous staff, it seemed to me, either didn't understand that or didn't know how to overcome the roadblocks.
Floorguy
jmcfar_98 said:

Need to add this kid

Ryan Brauninger said:

Zane Badmaev is in. Highly talented reliever that picked A&M over OU and TCU

Kid has come a loooonng way since High School! Good for him. Hope he has a great season for the Ags
Biggame12
AG
ftworthag02 said:

Looks like Logan britt has a good year at acu. Do we need another outfielder?
no more OF's batting .235. That's been an epidemic at A&M!
Aggies2009
AG
85AustinAg said:

In proper Zoo fashion we've developed a folk hero. If Stanley Tucker could have helped this team win games then he would have been playing more. Glimpses of him in the field and at bat in a few games doesn't mean he should have been starting or getting more playing time. At best he's likely another JT and given a choice between a veteran like JT and someone new to the team - it's a no brainer.

This isn't anything new.

Remember when GR Hinsley was tearing up the TCL and RC not letting him play was the biggest oversight in the history of baseball? Oh yeah, a year later when he actually got into games and had 50 at bats he hit like .188.

We did trot JT out there over and over this year and it was frustrating watching him strand runners time and time again. We knew he was only a .265 hitter from last season (to be fair he had a tremendous postseason) and acted like he'd be anything better than a .260ish hitter this year. To his credit, he didn't regress like Targac, Bost, and Minnich (injury) did.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.