2025 Lineup Predictions

25,437 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DallasAg10
MaxPower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
you moran said:

Bear and Galloway will be a good battle. I expect both to play so they don't wear down. I'm assuming Appel is going pro. But you know what they say about assuming.
One is a lefty and one is a righty so a platoon of some sort makes sense.
Sean98
AG
Now you're talking
Noctilucent
AG
MaxPower said:

you moran said:

Bear and Galloway will be a good battle. I expect both to play so they don't wear down. I'm assuming Appel is going pro. But you know what they say about assuming.
One is a lefty and one is a righty so a platoon of some sort makes sense.
Checking out this thread for just such commentary. The lefty/righty could sure come in handy.
TXCityGirl
Who can start this same type of thread about pitchers?
Sean98
AG
I don't know that we need a separate thread. ...but we might not know until after the draft. Prager is the big fish, and we don't know if he ends up in our net, or the MLB.

Possible weekend rotation:

• Ryan Prager, LHP, 9-1, 2.95 ERA, 97.2IP, 87K, 12BB, .198 BAA
  • Myles Patton, LHP, 4-3, 3.26 ERA, 66.1IP, 85K, 24BB, .216 BAA
  • Justin Lamkin, LHP, 3-3, 5.21 ERA, 65.2IP, 88k, 22BB, .253 BAA
  • - other possible options -
  • Troy Wansing, LHP, 13.5 ERA in just 0.2IP. Injured.
  • Tanner Jones, RHP, 3-1, 6.33 ERA, 48.1IP, 47K, 19BB, .310 BAA

Relievers (I put Sdao here because I want him in that Cortez role - could easily be a starter)
  • Shane Sdao, LHP, 5-1, 2.96 ERA, 48.2IP, 55K, 9BB, .235 BAA
  • Brad Rudis, RHP, 6-0, 2.55 ERA, 35.1IP, 35K, 12BB, .261 BAA
  • Kaiden Wilson, LHP, 0-2, 9.82 ERA, 11IP, 15K, 7BB, .362 BAA
  • Josh Stewart, RHP, 2-2, 4.26 ERA, 31.2IP, 39K, 9BB, .258 BAA
  • Weston Moss, RHP, 3-0, 4.56 ERA, 23.2IP, 26K, 10BB, .239 BAA
  • The 2 JuCo kids, Kyrin LeBlanc and Clayton Freshcorn will both see innings I would imagine

I could easily see Moss, Jones or Sdao in the starting rotation. Wouldn't be crazy to have one of the other freshman make that jump as well if JK can get something to click for them (and if they return). The other arms we threw this year, Morton, Bodin, Jackson, Antolick, Armstrong will all need to take a big step to get consistent innings, but that's true of most freshman (Eldridge is a transfer). Vargas could be an interesting one from a pure ability standpoint, but has no stats yet.
The Marksman
AG
Sean98 said:

I don't know that we need a separate thread. ...but we might not know until after the draft. Prager is the big fish, and we don't know if he ends up in our net, or the MLB.

Relievers (I put Sdao here because I want him in that Cortez role - could easily be a starter)
  • The 2 JuCo kids, Kyrin LeBlanc and Clayton Freshcorn will both see innings I would imagine

I could easily see Moss, Jones or Sdao in the starting rotation. Wouldn't be crazy to have one of the other freshman make that jump as well if JK can get something to click for them (and if they return). The other arms we threw this year, Morton, Bodin, Jackson, Antolick, Armstrong will all need to take a big step to get consistent innings, but that's true of most freshman (Eldridge is a transfer). Vargas could be an interesting one from a pure ability standpoint, but has no stats yet.
I think you nailed it here honestly. I could see guys like Williams or Rerick making an impact next season for sure. Hopefully Morton comes back, I think he and Luke Jackson flashed last year and could step up big time next season while Wilson and Moss kind of already established themselves.
Texas Yarddog
AG
Under Jason Kelly, I could see most of that second group becoming starters. Kelly does analytics AND mechanics if I'm not mistaken. Wienie was solely an analytics guy.
Sean98
AG
Agree completely. For those that haven't, go listen to his interview with TexAgs yesterday. It's just a peek, but I liked what I heard.
themissinglink
AG
A big part of next year's success will be development of the sophomore class. If we can get 3 reliable pitchers (at least 1 starter) out of Wilson, Moss, Morton, Vargas, Antolick, Bodin, or Johnston it would be huge.

As good as a job I thought Max did, I thought the lack of finding a reliable reliever in our freshman class was a disappointment. I also wanted to see more out of Jones and Lamkin (seemed to come on at the end, but showed he could be a stud in '23). It really hurt us in the finals and could have buried us if we lost in the regional format. I still give Max high marks for what he did with Cortez and Prager, but it could have been better.
Killzone3abc
AG
Johnston is at Auburn

Edit: Antolick and Bodin are also in the portal with Morton iirc
Sean98
AG
Yep
12thmanfootball
AG
Let T-Nut pinch run for someone every game in the 5th or 6th inning to get him some playing time!
Aggie09Derek
AG
Very good chance his waiver isn't approved**
carl spacklers hat
Aggie09Derek said:

Very good chance his waiver isn't improved.
I guess he turned in the best one he could.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
jb 00
Sean98 said:

I could easily see Moss, Jones or Sdao in the starting rotation.

Johnsy3
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

1. Caden Sorrell (LF-LHB-Fr-19) : .275, 62G, 11 HR, .369 OBP, .924 OPS, 9 SB
2. Gavin Grahovac (3B-RHB-Fr-19): .298, 67G, 23 HR, .390 OBP, .987 OPS <- 23rd in HRs
3. Jace LaViolette(CF-LHB-So-20): .305, 68G, 29 HR, .449 OBP, 1.175 OPS, 7 SB <-6th in HRs
4. Wyatt Henseler(2B-RHB-Sr-22) : .360, 49G, 22 HR, .465 OBP, 1.220 OPS <-33rd in HRs
5. Gavin Kash ( RF-LHB-Jr-21) : .300, 56G, 15 HR, .365 OBP, .926 OPS
6. Hayden Schott (DH-LHB-Sr-24) : .335, 68G, 8 HR, .418 OBP, .916 OPS
7. Kaeden Kent ( SS-LHB-So-20 ) : .327, 51G, 4 HR, .414 OBP, .905 OPS
8. Matt Bergevin (1B-RHB-Sr-23) : .287, 55G, 18 HR, .418 OBP, 1.044 OPS
9. Jacob Galloway (C-LHB-So-21) : .286, 58G, 6 HR, .386 OBP, .837 OPS

We could have 3 guys with 30+ HRs and 3 with 20+ HRs. All but Sorrell and Grahovac will be eligible for the draft year.

I really don't see Sorrell leading off. I know he was only a freshman, but there's 5 guys in the projected starting lineups with OBPs in the .400s and he's only at .369
P.U.T.U
AG
I just searched for a second but does anyone have the top A&M team home run seasons? With the lineup next year we are looking close to 140 if everyone hits around the same, crazy.

The one downside to our lineup looks to be speed, we have some guys that are fast but we will need to be smart about when we run. Not saying we are slow, just no one with elite speed
RED AG 98
AG
2024 - 136
1999 - 128

Those are the top two
RED AG 98
AG
If we hit anything like last year, we probably won't run that much next year either. It's just not worth it when there's so much potential for extra base hits behind you. We'll pick our spots with a few guys that's probably it.
you moran
AG
In reply to P.U.T.U.'s last sentence....Unless Kiel makes it to campus. He won't start but he will have elite speed. Maybe pinch runner next year.

Sorrell and a healthy Jace can steal bases. I'm guessing we'll pick our spots here and there. Otherwise, gorilla ball, baby. We could have a starting lineup where the smallest guy is 6'2" 200 lb Kent. The little fellar. Lol
themissinglink
AG
We might give this past year's Tennessee team a run for their money (~180 HRs) even without the benefit of playing home games in a little league park.
The Marksman
AG
Johnsy3 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

1. Caden Sorrell (LF-LHB-Fr-19) : .275, 62G, 11 HR, .369 OBP, .924 OPS, 9 SB
2. Gavin Grahovac (3B-RHB-Fr-19): .298, 67G, 23 HR, .390 OBP, .987 OPS <- 23rd in HRs
3. Jace LaViolette(CF-LHB-So-20): .305, 68G, 29 HR, .449 OBP, 1.175 OPS, 7 SB <-6th in HRs
4. Wyatt Henseler(2B-RHB-Sr-22) : .360, 49G, 22 HR, .465 OBP, 1.220 OPS <-33rd in HRs
5. Gavin Kash ( RF-LHB-Jr-21) : .300, 56G, 15 HR, .365 OBP, .926 OPS
6. Hayden Schott (DH-LHB-Sr-24) : .335, 68G, 8 HR, .418 OBP, .916 OPS
7. Kaeden Kent ( SS-LHB-So-20 ) : .327, 51G, 4 HR, .414 OBP, .905 OPS
8. Matt Bergevin (1B-RHB-Sr-23) : .287, 55G, 18 HR, .418 OBP, 1.044 OPS
9. Jacob Galloway (C-LHB-So-21) : .286, 58G, 6 HR, .386 OBP, .837 OPS

We could have 3 guys with 30+ HRs and 3 with 20+ HRs. All but Sorrell and Grahovac will be eligible for the draft year.

I really don't see Sorrell leading off. I know he was only a freshman, but there's 5 guys in the projected starting lineups with OBPs in the .400s and he's only at .369

I'm expecting a huge leap next season for Caden, so that's why I personally think he'll be leadoff. But I also think doing what we did last year with Gavin there would be fine too. The reality is that with a new HC we really have no idea how he will want to structure his lineup.
Redfishag93
I agree w Johnny. Sorrell will be hitting more like 7th. Huge upside who will prolly make a big jump but obp needs to improve. My guess:

1 hensler - very high obp…with power
2 Laviolette - lottery pick
3 kash - more protection should help this proven player
4 Grahovac - great freshman season, also likely to make big soph jump
5 schott - dude can flat out hit (.330). Love how he smoothly goes where the ball is pitched, not to mention the intangibles
6 bergevin- people are forgetting about this power bat (18 homers last year)
7 Sorrell - if he does make a big jump he might move up in the order
8 Kent - how the hell was this freaking guy not starting all last year? Made schlobbnobber look like a complete dumbass…before he removed all doubt about his dumbassery.
9 bear/galloway - looks like these guys are for real also

Jamal George - first guy off the bench who looks like he can fill in anywhere. I think he hit .325 last year? And he's on the USA national team. He might force his way into the everyday lineup

Don't forget about Camarillo. I can easily see him not getting drafted super high and being back. Very good player

What a freaking lineup!
Jevertson
AG
Nothing wrong with having a guy hitting 20 bombs in the back of your lineup. He may move up a spot or 2 though
Sean98
AG
RED AG 98 said:

... there's so much potential for extra bar hours behind you.
You and I are both too old for extra hours at the bar.
RED AG 98
AG
Dude I have no idea where that came from!

Extra bar hours == extra base hits
StinkyPinky
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Dude I have no idea where that came from!

Extra bar hours == extra base hits
The extra bar hours for the Florida game in Omaha due to the rain delay was not a good thing. Well, it was a good thing then, but not the next day. But at least I didn't wake up with my face all over the national news for getting kicked out after heckling the Florida dug-out.
The Marksman
AG
Here's my stab at some pitching predictions with Grant Cunningham(Washington) now in the fold:
I could see Sdao as our ace, Myles Patton(Long Beach State) on Saturday, and Lamkin on Sunday. That's a very good rotation with three lefties who could all go very high in next year's draft.
Wansing, since he is expected to be healthy next season, could be our midweek starter. He'd be a heck of a fourth starter.
Rudis, Wilson, Moss, Morton, Jackson, Kyrin LeBlanc(Cisco JC), Clayton Freshcorn(McLennan JC), and Gavin Lyons(top incoming freshman) could see some major innings out of the pen. I'm personally a big believer that our four freshman from last year will take huge leaps forward, and I'm happy with this long relief group. Rudis was quietly very reliable last season, LeBlanc has Cortez-level velo, Freshcorn was elite at JUCO, and Lyons is very highly touted.
And lastly, I could see J-Stew and Cunningham as our top stopper/closer/Aschenbeck-type guys. These two are both elite at their roles.
Overall, I am very happy with this staff and think they will be more than sufficient to back up our potent offense. And we'll see, who knows if we'll land any more transfers or not.
DDowl44
AG
Don't forget Jamal George can play Catcher, too. I bet you $ to donuts that he will flat-out find a way to make the lineup consistently. I bet we see a bunch of different lineups in Non-Con with the idea of figuring out our main players come into SEC play. This season has the potential to be really special with the loaded talent we have. It's crazy that about a month ago, we all thought our world was about to end potentially. Now here we are, just absolutely cabin full for this year and the future.
----------------------------------------------------
I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city
-Thermistocles

Titan 20 '09, EMPSA '20

OEF VET 2011-12, 13-14
Sean98
AG
I REALLY hope we don't plug in Wansing as a midweek starter for the season. We need innings, and lots of 'em for younger players in this role. I'm OK if he starts there but by SEC play I think we need him for weekend appearances.

Also, its yet to be seen if Sdao can handle a full time starting role. When he moved to starter he didn't recover very well, having a great start, then a short outing... great start, then an injury.... that could be because he wasn't stretched out when we moved him into that role. Or it could be that, at his size/frame, he can't take that 100+ inning pounding that a Friday SEC starter will take. Personally I'd rather have him in the Cortez role where I'm confident he can flourish.
mvegas
Hi Sean98. Not a criticism, just a question. If Wansing and Sdao aren't regular weekend starters, who do you have penciled in other than Lamkin? I'm guessing Patton, whose '24 season was apparently cut short by injury and…? Appreciate the thoughts!
PunchyFarmer
AG
Watching Moss in his limited action this season, I think he has potential to be a really good starter for us. I'm expecting to see him get the nod for Tuesdays this season. All of our young pups should have all the motivation they need to put the work in and improve this off-season. The pitching staff is wide open. Aschenbeck, Cortez, and Prager have shown you what it takes to compete in the best collegiate league in the country. WHO WANTS IT, TAKE IT IT'S YOURS!!!
Wicked Good Ag
mvegas said:

Hi Sean98. Not a criticism, just a question. If Wansing and Sdao aren't regular weekend starters, who do you have penciled in other than Lamkin? I'm guessing Patton, whose '24 season was apparently cut short by injury and…? Appreciate the thoughts!
Issac Morton for me
The Marksman
AG
I love that we will have Wilson, Moss, Morton, and Jackson coming back next season. Just in the two posts above mine, you can see how it's feasible that any one of those four could break out and be a star next season. Hopefully all four of them take big leaps!
Sean98
AG
Myles Patton, Lamkin, Moss is my hope. Odds are probably high that Sdao IS a starter. I just think I like him in that super high leverage bullpen spot. And if Wansing is good enough to earn a weekend role maybe he's your Sunday guy. I just don't want him eating too many midweek innings. I want to see the kids learn in those spots vs Lamar and Houston.

Morton and Kaiden Wilson are both options as well but will need to make a jump.
Cunningham is an option but JK had him in the closer role at UW. Maybe Gavin Lyons fits in there somewhere.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.