Baseball Road Games

3,371 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by CharlieBrown17
abbott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are their tickets through the 12th man for road games or do you have to go through the host school/open markets
BANA89
AG
abbott said:

Are their tickets through the 12th man for road games or do you have to go through the host school/open markets

Host school or venue for the standalone early season tournaments
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
twk
AG
You buy it from the home team or on the secondary market. I usually try to end up around the A&M comp section just to be around fellow Aggies, but those are not the best seats (and some places, like LSU, they are downright awful).
TempleAg97
AG
twk said:

You buy it from the home team or on the secondary market. I usually try to end up around the A&M comp section just to be around fellow Aggies, but those are not the best seats (and some places, like LSU, they are downright awful).

How do you know where the comp sections are? I'd like to do the same.
twk
AG
TempleAg97 said:

twk said:

Well, there's a good excuse to procrastinate. Let me list the ones that I can, and I'm sure Ed will come by and fill in the blanks (or correct me where needed). The ones I know, in no particular order:

LSU - Section 123 (deepest left field corner)

Arkansas - when visitors were in the first base dugout, it used to be section 99 (right field corner). I missed the last series there, but they've flipped dugouts, so I would assume its 117 or 118.

MSU - park was under construction last time I went, but they were relatively good seats on the first base side, like maybe 102

Bama - on the first base side, section DD or thereabouts

Florida - 3rd base side, section 115

Georgia - on the 3rd base side, something like 209, IIRC

South Carolina - 3rd base side, section 21

Kentucky - 1st base side, section 101

Vanderbilt - 1st base side, section AA, IIRC

DallasAg10
AG
Think I'm going try to make it to the S Carolina game. Thanks for the tips!
BoerneGator
AG
We played Carolina in Columbia this season, so doubtful we go back next season. But if/when we do, it's a big park with plenty of seats, with excellent sight lines.
twk
AG
BoerneGator said:

We played Carolina in Columbia this season, so doubtful we go back next season. But if/when we do, it's a big park with plenty of seats, with excellent sight lines.
Odds are against it, but with the new schools joining, you never know. When we joined, we had a couple of back to back home and road series in '13 and '14.
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

TempleAg97 said:

twk said:

Well, there's a good excuse to procrastinate. Let me list the ones that I can, and I'm sure Ed will come by and fill in the blanks (or correct me where needed). The ones I know, in no particular order:

Arkansas - when visitors were in the first base dugout, it used to be section 99 (right field corner). I missed the last series there, but they've flipped dugouts, so I would assume its 117 or 118.

MSU - park was under construction last time I went, but they were relatively good seats on the first base side, like maybe 102

You are correct on all and we did switch to I believe 117-118 at Arkansas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TempleAg97
AG
twk said:

TempleAg97 said:

twk said:

Thank you Sir!
PA24
AG
what is the best SEC away travel game day atmosphere without the drunks and cursing?

DallasAg10
AG
BoerneGator said:

Bah! I totally forgot we were @Carolina this past season. For some reason I thought they played at Olsen. I'm in NC now and will have to keep my eye on the schedule to make a trek into TN or GA or something.

Appel plays for Kannapolis now. Will have to catch him at a game here soon!
ensign_beedrill
AG
PA24 said:

what is the best SEC away travel game day atmosphere without the drunks and cursing?

Mississippi State hands down.
DallasAg10
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

PA24 said:

What makes this one your favorite? I've heard good things about Miss State and Vandy.
dermdoc
AG
I prefer Auburn and Georgia.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
Not LSU
dermdoc
AG
Alabama is a fun place to watch baseball also. Hotel Capstone right across the street.

Drunks and nasty fans most likely at LSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas in that order.
ensign_beedrill
AG
DallasAg10 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

PA24 said:

What makes this one your favorite? I've heard good things about Miss State and Vandy.

The atmosphere for sure. You walk in and you just feel it. Everyone there loves baseball. It just feels right. Very hard to put into words. I went there last year (2023) for the last series of the year when school was out and they had had a pretty bad year and there still were tons of people out there having fun and loving baseball. It's fun to walk all around the stadium and just take in the vibe. They love it. You can tell they really love it, and that baseball is very important to them and is not just an afterthought at their school, and it was so endearing.
CharlieBrown17
AG
If you go to Starkvegas, have to hit The Guest Room. "Speakeasy" in the basement of another restaurant. Great food and cocktails.

https://g.co/kgs/2vmqAZK

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.