SIAP: NCAA and Chestnut

3,749 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Luke The Drifter
Honolulu Blue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Image but not link included (not good at it)

Chestnut tweeted out yesterday that the NCAA STILL has not given the official decision on an additional year of D1 eligibility. Regardless of the outcome, it is an absolute mockery that Travis has not received an answer. Each day the NCAA continues to have any authority is one too many. Apart from blasting this on the internet, not sure what else the texags community can do for Travis. I thought I would share though to at least support Travis.

Feel bad for Travis, especially with how he words the tweet. He will always be an Aggie, and furthermore, an integral part of one of (if not THE) most beloved Aggie sports teams all time.

(Remember, Aschenbeck basically had to sign with the Cubs because the NCAA had not given an answer as of 48 hours before the MLB draftee signing deadline)

AgBQ-00
AG
Would not surprise me if they are intentionally trying to flush the remaining covid year stuff through the system. But with how inept they are who knows
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
greg.w.h
AG
Just call them a bumbling bureaucracy that has no accountability to the student athletes they notionally "serve" and more importantly monetize for the NCAA's benefit…
The Marksman
AG
Travis deserves way better
Luke The Drifter
AG
It would be great to have him back. Just being honest, but it doesn't look like he will be much of a factor in the 2025 line up, but I know his teammates love him and he's clearly a fan favorite. If he gets approved and wants to get more playing time, I would not blame him at all if he transfers to a smaller school somewhere. I'll root hard for that dude no matter where he ends up.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
ensign_beedrill
AG
They need to give him an answer, either way. School has started.
BBGigem
AG
NCAA, one of the worst run organizations out there. Right up there with the federal government. Not sure which on is worse.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
BBGigem said:

NCAA, one of the worst run organizations out there. Right up there with the federal government. Not sure which on is worse.

as bad as the ncaa is they are not remotely close to as bad as our federal government but i get the analogy
TXAGBQ76
AG
I like him a lot. What grounds does he have for another year?
dabo man
AG
He was in high school in 2020 (covid year). He then played two seasons at Temple JC and two for us. I have no idea on what grounds he's asking for another season.
TXAGBQ76
AG
That's what I thought I understood. I wish him luck.
McInnis
AG
It doesn't seem like he has a great case, kind of like Asch's situation. But I think he could be a great help to our team. I could see him playing the same role that Kent did this year, being ready to step up if needed. And it's always good to have one someone that fast as a late pinch runner or a guy that can play almost any position.

But yeah, agree on the NCAA. If Travis played for one of their sacred cows, you know he would've had his answer by now.
trouble
AG
Yeah, I don't think he has a case but he deserves an answer.
iisanaggie
AG
Why isn't our AD and the SEC (or even media) advocating for our student athletes? I know there are politics and trying not to ruffle feathers, but I am sure that he is not the only SEC player dealing with this mess.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Do we know for a fact they aren't?
austinag1997
AG
I am certain he has an attorney working on this. The NCAA sucks.
KT 90
AG
trouble said:

Yeah, I don't think he has a case but he deserves an answer.

This is where I am. No reason for the NCAA to drag it out. Just make a ruling and let everyone move on, one way or the other.

Do we know if Travis is enrolled at A&M this Fall?
iisanaggie
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Do we know for a fact they aren't?

Valid. I was more referring to publicly advocating for them....even just making a public statement that they are working with the NCAA.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I don't disagree, but one could also say "don't poke the bear" with public pressure. Just my opinion though.
rhit
I would love to see him at Texas State, as they lost a few players and he would still have another chance to kick tu's ass! I just don't think there is anymore room in the Aggie lineup. At TXST he would start!
Sean98
AG
rhit said:

I would love to see him at Texas State, as they lost a few players and he would still have another chance to kick tu's ass! I just don't think there is anymore room in the Aggie lineup. At TXST he would start!
More than likely he's going to end up d2 or d3 where he'll still have eligibility.
Ag1188
AG
"if anyone cares"… He doesn't imagine a starting spot in our lineup, with our imports and Kent back after his wild run. He should definitely go where he can get the most at-bats.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Ag1188 said:

"if anyone cares"… He doesn't imagine a starting spot in our lineup, with our imports and Kent back after his wild run. He should definitely go where he can get the most at-bats.

Agree, but I can also see him saying, "I'm not going pro in this sport either way, so let's stay in Aggieland and enjoy the ride with my dudes on this stacked team."

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.