Vintage Baseball Jersey

2,112 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Civil04
Civil04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My father-in-law found this several years ago and gave it to my wife and me (both '04). We ran across it while cleaning up, and I thought I would see if anyone knew anything about its age.

We have minimal info on it. It's a W. A. Goodman & Sons jersey. If anyone knows anything about how old this jersey is or anything, please let me know.

Aggieoliver
AG
Those look similar to the jerseys we wore circa 1985-1988.
jkag89
I remember the '86-'88 teams wearing the same Texas Aggies jerseys that the '89 squad wore but you appear to be correct by the pics below. Chuck Knoblauch '87-'89 (left) and Scott Livingston '85-'88.
Civil04
AG
Thanks for the information!

My wife spoke to her father and he picked it up at a charity thing about 7 years ago. He didn't remember much else other than he was told it was game worn.

Does anyone know who wore 33 in the timeframe y'all have identified?
dermdoc
AG
John Codrington wore #33 mid 90's. Sean Lawrence wore it in 1989.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
1989 was Sean Lawrence's frosh season. The team definitely wore the Texas Aggies jersey that Knoblauch is wearing on the left and back then you did not have multiple jerseys like they do now. Home Whites and Visiting Greys was it so I don't think it was his.
dermdoc
AG
Thanks to twk, Tim Herrmann wore #33 in '87-'88.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
Of course Tom would know.
Civil04
AG
Wow, you guys are impressive!

Thanks for chasing this rabbit.
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

I remember the '86-'88 teams wearing the same Texas Aggies jerseys that the '89 squad wore but you appear to be correct by the pics below. Chuck Knoblauch '87-'89 (left) and Scott Livingston '85-'88.

I want to say that they may have worn that style in '86, but my recollection is the same as yours regarding '87-'89. They only had two uniforms; white and gray versions of script Texas with Aggies underneath.

I have rosters from '87 forward (you don't think I pullled up Sean Lawrence and Tim Herrmann by memory, surely), not not '86.
kevmiller
That is a pre 1989 jersey , was not worn in '89 or any season after

Don't know for sure what year is was but it was for sure prior to at least 1989

StinkyPinky
AG
ChatGPT says they made uniforms for A&M during the 70's and early 80's. While not knowing when the last day they provided them, it is widely believed to be from 82 - 84. Hope this helps

Based on this era, it is assuming it was Terry Frenzel
twk
AG
In Chandler's last years, I think the team only wore pullover jerseys. MJ brought back the button up jerseys in '85, and this was the style that year, and 1986. I'm not certain about '87. They might have worn this look that year, but my recollection was that they switched to that script look.
greg.w.h
AG
twk said:

In Chandler's last years, I think the team only wore pullover jerseys. MJ brought back the button up jerseys in '85, and this was the style that year, and 1986. I'm not certain about '87. They might have worn this look that year, but my recollection was that they switched to that script look.
I hate pullovers because they look like practice gear. But then again I wear polos at work instead of solid oxford broadcloth and tie…
Civil04
AG
It's amazing how much some of y'all know.

One of y'all might appreciate/use this more than me. If you are interested in it, shoot me a PM. I have a general idea of the value. I'm 6'1" about 200 lbs and it's snug on me. Not unwearable, but definitely a little snug.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.