Wayne Graham has passed

2,217 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by AgLA06
Detective Jake Peralta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

An absolute legend of the game. When you consider what he accomplished with the limited resources he was afforded, it's hard to not consider him one of the greatest of all time!

Rest in peace, coach!
Cen-Tex
trouble
AG
May he rest in peace.

There was no one who could stretch out a mound visit like "Uncle Wayne".
jkag89
ensign_beedrill
AG
Sad news. Rest in peace, Coach.
dermdoc
AG
Had the privilege of meeting Coach Graham. Great guy and coach.

Rest in peace
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexAgs1992
Coach Graham was truly one of a kind. Great man and coach. Went to his baseball camps for many years growing up in Houston and I remember when he showed up at your high school to scout out a player in Houston, it was the baseball equivalent to Nick Saban showing up to visit with a football player. It was something else. Hope he's taking a slow mound visit or two up in Heaven.
BreNayPop
AG
Rest in peace, coach
Aggie97
AG
Prayers to his family. May His Memory be Eternal
Agsncws
AG
Rest in peace, Coach. What he was able to do at Rice is completely self-evident and stands alone.
Aggie12B
AG
Wayne Graham had THE SLOWEST Walk to the pitcher's mound in the History of College Baseball. I will Never forget when he buried home plate at Olsen after getting ejected from the game.

RIP Coach Graham
dabo man
Sea Pony 07
AG
Aggie12B said:

Wayne Graham had THE SLOWEST Walk to the pitcher's mound in the History of College Baseball. I will Never forget when he buried home plate at Olsen after getting ejected from the game.

RIP Coach Graham

I remember that. Good times. Rest in peace. May your journey through the pearly gates be as slow as your walks to the mound.
TexasRebel
AG
Maybe somebody put a chalk line across 'em.

Rest easy, WG.
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
One of the greats.
TheBonifaceOption
You thought it took him a long time from the dugout to the pitchers mound, imagine him ascending the stairway to Heaven
JAD AG85
AG
Aggie12B said:

RIP Coach Graham

YES - I know.

I was the object of some of those at Scarborough HS here in Houston through my junior year - 1979!!

We used to imitate him and (not so) affectionately call him "W.L." (for his initials Wayne Leon) and waddle around slowly to imitate his walk and gait and make noises like The Penguin (Burgess Meredith) from the old Batman Show days. He looked kind of like a penguin when he walked a lot of times!!

MAN - those were fun times!!! Great dude that will definitely be missed!!
trouble
94chem
The Bill Snyder of college baseball.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AgLA06
AG
You not going to mention the baseball bat he like to take to class with him?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.