Dungeon Crawler Carl

3,254 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by zip90
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
13B said:

StinkyPinky said:

bangobango said:

half way through book 2. Loving it. Found it b/c of this thread, so thanks OP!
Excellent! Discovered it here as well. Both it and Dresden Files were home run recommendations.
Have you tried Monster Hunter International by Larry Correa? I enjoy them a great deal and they make me laugh out loud at times (especially the first 3 Memoirs). Columbus Day by Craig Alanson also can get a chuckle out of me.
Will check it out! Thnx
Rule Number 32
AG
zip90 said:

Carl's Catch phrase still cracks me up. (not including because spoilers)

I'm about 3/4 through the first book and when it was revealed I was cracking up in the car. It's been a while since I've audibly laughed at a book
ABATTBQ11
AG
There are a lot of moments that made me laugh out loud while listening. I just finished book 6 and can't wait for book 7 to be released. Hopefully soon.
zip90
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

zip90 said:

I'm about 3/4 through the first book and when it was revealed I was cracking up in the car. It's been a while since I've audibly laughed at a book
I envy you the ability to listen to it for the first time.

You will burn through the series way too fast.

When you get to the end of the series so far, look at "One more last time" first book of "The Good Guys" by Eric Ugland
He also has a set called "The Bad Guys" and they cross at about Good Guys book 10 so you may want to swap to the Bad Guys book 1-7 then you can alternate.

Other series you may enjoy:
Mayor of Noobtown
Primal Hunter
Ripple System

All have a lot of humor mixed in. I would say that DCC has more "substance" and these are more "candy" and you also may want to find the "jump forward 30 seconds" button in audible when they get to stats.

Have fun!
Rule Number 32
AG
bangobango said:

Rule Number 32 said:

I found a reading of it on YouTube for the first 3 books. I'm assuming this will get taken down eventually but I listened to like 3 hours today while doing mindless stuff at work.

So far it's hilarious. I like the Awaken Online LitRPG series but haven't listened to anything like this in quite a few years.

Come on man, don't be that guy. Just download it on audible so the author can make money for his work. They already get screwed enough by Audible as it is.

Apologies - I missed this more for people like myself who had no idea what the series was to get a taste. As expected it's already been pulled down. I plan to buy all the books on audible and had made my mind up on that by about the end of the first hour. This is right up my alley.
Rule Number 32
AG
zip90 said:

Rule Number 32 said:

zip90 said:

When you get to the end of the series so far, look at "One more last time" first book of "The Good Guys" by Eric Ugland
He also has a set called "The Bad Guys" and they cross at about Good Guys book 10 so you may want to swap to the Bad Guys book 1-7 then you can alternate.

Mayor of Noobtown
Primal Hunter
Ripple System

All have a lot of humor mixed in. I would say that DCC has more "substance" and these are more "candy" and you also may want to find the "jump forward 30 seconds" button in audible when they get to stats.

Have fun!

I feel like that with people listening to the Dresden files for the first time. I don't know how many friends I've introduced to that series but I've only had a couple say it wasn't for them.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

bangobango said:

Rule Number 32 said:

I found a reading of it on YouTube for the first 3 books. I'm assuming this will get taken down eventually but I listened to like 3 hours today while doing mindless stuff at work.

So far it's hilarious. I like the Awaken Online LitRPG series but haven't listened to anything like this in quite a few years.

Come on man, don't be that guy. Just download it on audible so the author can make money for his work. They already get screwed enough by Audible as it is.

Apologies - I missed this more for people like myself who had no idea what the series was to get a taste. As expected it's already been pulled down. I plan to buy all the books on audible and had made my mind up on that by about the end of the first hour. This is right up my alley.

NEW ACHIEVEMENT: Look At Me Now, Dad!

You have decided to pay an author for his time and effort instead of being a freeloading little *****. Congratulations! Now you just need to move out of your parents basement and get a real job.
zip90
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

zip90 said:

Rule Number 32 said:

zip90 said:

Mayor of Noobtown
Primal Hunter
Ripple System

Have fun!

I feel like that with people listening to the Dresden files for the first time. I don't know how many friends I've introduced to that series but I've only had a couple say it wasn't for them.
Dresden does start off slow. I had to bribe my kids (both adults) to get to book 3 because both wanted to quit halfway through the first book. Book 3 is when the depth of characters begins to pick up and by book 3 both were all in.

The other book I had to get involved with them was "Beware of Chicken". I told them they needed to get to the Farm before quitting. Now one of my kids has a cat named after the Chicken. Again, not going to say the name because of spoilers….
zip90
AG
Rule Number 32 said:

bangobango said:

Rule Number 32 said:

The production is by SoundBoothTheater and they have the beginning online as a sample:

https://soundbooththeater.com/webplayer/229783/?guest=1

Feel free to edit the original post and replace the YouTube with the link. I think it is great that more people get exposure to the series.

I listened before they added all of the "theater effects" and it was just Jeff Hayes. I wonder if the additions help or hurt the story telling.
MW03
AG
zip90 said:

Rule Number 32 said:

zip90 said:

Mayor of Noobtown
Primal Hunter
Ripple System

Have fun!

I'd add He Who Fights Monsters (series) and Starter Villain (stand alone book).
zip90
AG
Quote:

I'd add He Who Fights Monsters (series) and Starter Villain (stand alone book).

I enjoyed He Who Fights and his humor is kinda his thing I just know the politics turns some off.

I check out Starter Villian when I finish Mark of the Fool

Thanks for the suggestion
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.