Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

689,788 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
LoudestWHOOP!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GeorgiaAg85 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

RAB91 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

I understand the reason for skepticism until more information comes out.

I think it is odd that trump supporters on the thread are rushing to call this fake, as opposed to saying that this is not what they represent.

There is no doubt that SOME (not all) Trump supporters are racist and/or homophobic.

Regardless, I'm not going to rush to any conclusions. Just find it odd that there is almost zero concern for the victim.

There is also no doubt that SOME (not all) Dem supporters are racist and/or homophobic. What's your point?

My point is that it is possible these are trump supporters.

I also support the possibility that it could be a setup.

Just find it odd how quickly everyone here knows that it's fake. You don't know one way or the other. I don't either.

There is no doubt that racists and homophobia is on the rise. You can draw your own conclusions as to why that is.

Just two years ago gays were going to the hospital in droves from getting beaten with baseball bats in Dallas, until mark cuban donated a million to cops overtime in oaklawn and some guys started walking with guns.

You find it odd people are skeptical? Really?

Hate Hoax List

212 names? ... is that ALL you got?
rgag12
AG
Is this dude just looking to get his name out there for bigger acting roles? I mean that's the only reason why he did this, (This thing is clearly a charade to get his name out there).

At this point there have been so many of these hoaxes you have to think most big wig lib producers see this story and go "pfffft another minority blowhard trying to blow smoke up my ass to get on my project".
Chickenhawk
I copy/pasted the list from moonbattery.

I know the list is so short, this story is almost certainly real.
titan
S
Well GeorgiaAg85's post certainly achieves EOT as regards why the center and right are skeptical about this being actual right-wingers. Certainly shows that.

We will just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile here is the thing to look for ---- does the MSM do anything to tamp down the heat and anger about the event, or do they seek to pour gasoline on it and frame it inaccurately? Place your projections.
Cuterebra
AG
First Nathan Phillips and now this.

How many more actors will get assaulted?!
Prosperdick
AG
Cy_Tolliver said:

I remember a buddy of mine in the 90s wanted to fix me up with Nina Sharavan, the chick that made false reports on a couple of Cowboys. He goes "she's really nice once you get to know her"

NO. THANKS.

Anyway this thread made me think of that for some reason.
Fun fact, not that fun I guess, but my wife was a nurse at Parkland way back then and was the one who performed the rape kit on her.

She's now an L&D nurse at Frisco Baylor and loves it a 1000 times more than her time at Parkland.
Mayor West
AG
rgag12 said:

Is this dude just looking to get his name out there for bigger acting roles? I mean that's the only reason why he did this, (This thing is clearly a charade to get his name out there).

At this point there have been so many of these hoaxes you have to think most big wig lib producers see this story and go "pfffft another minority blowhard trying to blow smoke up my ass to get on my project".

As previously mentioned, it could also be to cover up the real reason he was beaten.
titan
S

Are people now thinking the beat up itself was a hoax then? That is not necessary for it to be a Left originating event. But if the idea is the incident itself was manufactured to gloss over something else, that would be something.
4stringAg
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

agdoc2001 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

On another note I find your statement about people not saying this is not what they represent odd..... I find it odd that you would expect anyone to have to say that. It's almost as if you think everyone is unless they specifically deny it?!?!?!?

I mean when I see a domestic abuse case of horrible violence - I don't rush out and say "I'm a husband but this does not represent me". Do you think I need to?

When I see a case of corporate executive fraud - I don't rush out and say "I'm a businessman but this does not represent me". Do you think I need to?

Personally I think it's best to assume that the criminal and violent persons in our society are a really small fringe element and I typically assume people I meet or even casually chat with are not violent sociopaths who need to distance from something like that by default.

I guess we have different views of most of society.

This is just the ballerstaf "gotcha" attempt here. When there is an incident involving Islamic violence, many in the conservative media and on this forum point out that the rest of the muslim community is not openly denouncing the act and; therefore, must secretly condone it. Rightly or wrongly, ballerstaf is equating Trump supporters to the muslim community and holding them to this same standard.

It isn't quite apples to apples, but he does have a point.

Not quite the same thing but good try.

When a Muslim terror attack happens they are looking to leaders in the Muslim community and those outspoken anti Americans to condemn them. Like the same people you see interviewed condemning anything that offends their community and denying that their religion (even the fringes of it) supports violence. They suddenly go mute.

It isn't a case of expecting every Muslim on a message board to do so. It is the public faces of the movement.

This is a little different he is calling out basically any and all Trump supporters ON HERE to make some public denial of supporting racist or homophobic crimes. that's a rather broad based assumption and not so subtle of an accusation of our little small community here.

A bit dramatic of an interpretation. I'm not asking for some sort of pledge. Give me a break.

I just find it telling that in today's society, we rush to call someone fake that is an affront to our views and beliefs.

In this case, the possibility that a trump supporter did something like this makes people incredibly defensive. Is it the Trump mantra of never admitting anything and never apologizing that's rubbed off on his supporters?

In normal times, more posters would say that it was an awful thing, even if the victim exaggerated some aspects of it.

And yes, I know there's racist and homophobic liberals. I've talked about this before.
Calling this fake has less to do with views/beliefs and more to do with a bunch of fake hate crimes being outed as fake and just making the assumption that this one is another in a string of these kinds of bogus stories.
Long Live Sully
AG
Apologies for being late to the hoax, but let me recap.

1. Racial slurs - CHECK
2. Bleach - CHECK
3. Noose - CHECK
4. MAGA shouted - CHECK
5. White perps with masks - CHECK
6. Letters cut out from magazines - CHECK

100% hoax. When there are too many details and the story is too perfect don't believe it.
titan
S

That is a very succinct and effective way of summing up why the first reaction is "no way" . It not even that unlikely when you have such a line up as that coupled with so many entities out there eager to make such a connection -- to validate the Covington Affair.
Long Live Sully
AG
My kids finally learned that I saw through their "stories" about why they were late getting home or out with the wrong crowd. Too many details is a dead give away.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Just two years ago gays were going to the hospital in droves from getting beaten with baseball bats in Dallas, until mark cuban donated a million to cops overtime in oaklawn and some guys started walking with guns.
This is literally the only place I've seen that story.

UPDATE BELOW

titan
S
Canyon,
I recall one or two incidents -- but "droves" ?!?? I do remember it mentioned--because had the same desired response --perps hauled into a Judgement hall. It didn't get alot of follow-up though.
A. Solzhenitsyn
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

i never heard that until this very thread
CanyonAg77
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

UPDATE BELOW
Went digging through the Google. About a dozen reported assaults, two of which the Dallas PD classed as hate crimes. No arrests that I found. A few of the cases popped up after someone else went public, and others said "me too, I just didn't report it".
bobbranco
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I think it is odd that trump supporters on the thread are rushing to call this fake, as opposed to saying that this is not what they represent.

There is no doubt that SOME (not all) Trump supporters are racist and/or homophobic.

Regardless, I'm not going to rush to any conclusions. Just find it odd that there is almost zero concern for the victim.

Sad that gays get beat up in this day and age.

And I don't expect you back if the perpetrators are not what you suspect.

ntxVol
BallerStaf2003 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

agdoc2001 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

On another note I find your statement about people not saying this is not what they represent odd..... I find it odd that you would expect anyone to have to say that. It's almost as if you think everyone is unless they specifically deny it?!?!?!?

I mean when I see a domestic abuse case of horrible violence - I don't rush out and say "I'm a husband but this does not represent me". Do you think I need to?

When I see a case of corporate executive fraud - I don't rush out and say "I'm a businessman but this does not represent me". Do you think I need to?

Personally I think it's best to assume that the criminal and violent persons in our society are a really small fringe element and I typically assume people I meet or even casually chat with are not violent sociopaths who need to distance from something like that by default.

I guess we have different views of most of society.

This is just the ballerstaf "gotcha" attempt here. When there is an incident involving Islamic violence, many in the conservative media and on this forum point out that the rest of the muslim community is not openly denouncing the act and; therefore, must secretly condone it. Rightly or wrongly, ballerstaf is equating Trump supporters to the muslim community and holding them to this same standard.

It isn't quite apples to apples, but he does have a point.

Not quite the same thing but good try.

When a Muslim terror attack happens they are looking to leaders in the Muslim community and those outspoken anti Americans to condemn them. Like the same people you see interviewed condemning anything that offends their community and denying that their religion (even the fringes of it) supports violence. They suddenly go mute.

It isn't a case of expecting every Muslim on a message board to do so. It is the public faces of the movement.

This is a little different he is calling out basically any and all Trump supporters ON HERE to make some public denial of supporting racist or homophobic crimes. that's a rather broad based assumption and not so subtle of an accusation of our little small community here.

I just find it telling that in today's society, we rush to call someone fake that is an affront to our views and beliefs.
No it's not "telling", ever heard the story about the boy who cried wolf?

Quote:

In this case, the possibility that a trump supporter did something like this makes people incredibly defensive. Is it the Trump mantra of never admitting anything and never apologizing that's rubbed off on his supporters?
Just not true, no matter who did this everyone here wants justice served.

Quote:

In normal times, more posters would say that it was an awful thing, even if the victim exaggerated some aspects of it.
It's just as much about the hatred for MSM and the way these stories usually get framed. Also, hate crime laws are stupid, that opinion is shared here by many. Finally, with all the fake hate crimes that we've seen, it makes it hard to feel sorry for a victim especially if he is exaggerating.

White straight christian males are the real victims of fake hate crimes, you should always be aware of that.
titan
S
CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

UPDATE BELOW
Went digging through the Google. About a dozen reported assaults, two of which the Dallas PD classed as hate crimes. No arrests that I found. A few of the cases popped up after someone else went public, and others said "me too, I just didn't report it".
"A dozen" ? --- well that would at least support what gave Ballerstaf that impression. I don't remember that many. But I do remember the Morning News giving it a bit of attention. It seemed to go away quickly though -- like other areas in Texas, many are armed and it can dangerous to pick fights.
bobbranco
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

UPDATE BELOW

Don't forget about the Trump pray away the gay camps.
oldarmy1
AG
Fake news: A Republican? In Chicago?! What are the odds???
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

like other areas in Texas, many are armed and it can dangerous to pick fights.
One of the reasons I'm all for responsible people of whatever group to carry weapons. It's a great way to keep the peace and protect the physically weak.

God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal

titan
S
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

like other areas in Texas, many are armed and it can dangerous to pick fights.
One of the reasons I'm all for responsible people of whatever group to carry weapons. It's a great way to keep the peace and protect the physically weak.

God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal

Exactly. Can remember because the Trade and Market Centers are not overly far from Oak Lawn and any going from there to restaurants and stores briefly `stepped up a notch' how often they were carrying. It did happen.
DallasAg 94
Some additional comments.

It was 2am?

This was a tweet of the police report. Says unknown substance and that he was hit about the face. No mention of ribs getting hit. No mention of bleach.

If you look at the guy's twitter account... no comment/tweet. Not clarifying misinformation.

Keep in mind, it was 9F last night around 2am for Chicago. Well below freezing. That didn't include windchill. A couple guys hanging outside at 2am with bleach?

According to this article, bleach freezes at about 18/19F. Surely he had a coat or heavy jacket, which makes broken ribs very suspect.

Repeat the Line
GeorgiaAg85 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

RAB91 said:

BallerStaf2003 said:

There is also no doubt that SOME (not all) Dem supporters are racist and/or homophobic. What's your point?

My point is that it is possible these are trump supporters.

I also support the possibility that it could be a setup.

Just find it odd how quickly everyone here knows that it's fake. You don't know one way or the other. I don't either.

There is no doubt that racists and homophobia is on the rise. You can draw your own conclusions as to why that is.

You find it odd people are skeptical? Really?

Hate Hoax List

Nathan Phillips

Marcus Boyd and Derrick Brooks

Fynn Ajani Arthur

Drake University Coed of Color

Nicole Wallace

Michael Kadar

Masud Ali

Anthony Derlunas

Heath Levey

fiji

Anna Ayers

Seneca Valley High School mean girls

Adwoa Lewis

Grand Rapids golden showers

Oumou Kanoute

Unnamed Waco waitress

Black baby doll in Philadelphia

Ciera Calhoun

Viktor Stevenson

Khalil Cavil

Mogoeng Mogoeng

Lahadion Shemwell

Zavion Parker

Andrea Morris

Lillian Green

Rev. Jerrod Moultrie

Dawn Hilton-Williams

Woodbridge VA teenage Muslima

Anne Arundel County NAACP

Terrell Demonte Alexander

Khawlah Noman

Marquie Little

Michael Duran Havis

Zuri C. Towns

Parkway Central High Person of Color

Oberlin College Again

USAF Cadet Candidate

Dauntarius William

Nathaniel D. Nelson

BART Graffiti Vandal

Bruce Maxwell

Eddie Curlin

Ronald Alford Sr.

lexi

West Goshen Township Student of Color

Michael Bennett

March to Confront White Supremacy

Mike Feuer

Halle Berry

Lena Dunham Again

Joey the Gay Bartender

Bill Clark

Brian Telfair

Jaime Hurtado

Aisha Ismail

Karen Mathews Davis

Linda Sarsour

Unnamed Pakistani-American in Queens

Heather Franklin

Samantha Wells

Nathan Stang

Azhar Hussain

USC Diverse Neighbor

Alexandria Butler and Elizabeth Police

Justin Lamar Coleman

Daniel Drezner/Josh Dawsey

Harvard Palestine Solidarity Committee

Curtis Flournoy

DeWitt Lambert

Cainin Hakeem Milton

Gustavus Adolphus College Diversity Leadership Team

Isreali Jewish Center Bomb Hoaxer

Andrew King

Clive Jamar Wilson

Muhammad Ali Jr.

Halley Bass

Washington Cemetery

Khizr Khan

Hisham Saadi

Juan Thompson

Lakeville, Minnesota Non-Caucasian Special Ed Student

Scott Young

Kelly Carter

Osama Nazzal

Ibtihaj Muhammad

Michael Kee

Mike Hager

Sinem

Anne Arundel High School's Kool Kids Klan

David Williams

Kara Stevens

Muslim Friend of Aisha Sharif at San Diego State

University of Michigan Hijab Wearer

Andrew McClinton

Vincent Palmer

Yasmin Seweid

Villanova University

William Tucker

Taylor Volk

Kirkland Phony Postelection Sexual Assault Victim

Williams College Fake Blood Splatterers

Neighborhood Town Watch Anti-Hijab Letter

Eleesha Long

Malden, MA Phony Trumpsters Victim

Sara Farsakh

Kathy Mirah Tu

Chris Ball

Ashley Boyer

University of Louisiana Heisted Hijab

Abdul Aziz

Brooklyn Muslim Community Center Teens

London, Ontario Islamic Shopper

Calum McSwiggan

Marcus Owens

Hamza Warsame

Alexis Adams

SIUC White is Right Video

Salisbury University Graffiti Artists

TarheelTransgender

Jordan D. Brown

Bingen Syrian

Eric Danko and Jordan Schaeffer

Manhattan Self-Slasher

Seattle Africatown Center Graffiti

Mari Poindexter

Phony Nevada Klansmen

Saida Chatti

Julian Kinzel

Imani Perry

Asha Burwell and Friends

Jesus Francisco Cabrera

Michael Dekota McRae

Gary Nathaniel Moore

San Bernardino Backlash

Mercutio Southall

Hyacinth Peccoo

Clive Higgins and Lonnie Blackwell

Anonymous Liar From India in Orangeburg County, SC

Kayla-Simone McKelvey

Hidden Dores

Royall Must Fall

Shalaria Jones

Emmanuel Bowden

Kynnedi Grant

Clarke Perkins

FierceFemtivist

Payton Head

Mizzou Fecal Swastika

Berkeley High

Dorothy Bland

Georgia Tech Person of Preferred Pigmentation

Melvin and Angelica Hale

Haakon Gisvold

University of Delaware

Ahmed Muhamed

Ashley Powell

Garnet Coleman

John Sherman

Carol Anne and Laura Stutte

Minati Roychoudhuri

Frank Elliott

Planned Parenthood

Shaun King

Julie Baker

Vincent Broughton

Rick Jones

Connie St Louis

Rachel Dolezal

Tahera Ahmad

Phony University of Minnesota Rape Victim

Sarah Silverman

Kassim Alhimidi

George Washington University Swastika

Adam Hoover

Ambreen Sharif

Charles Blow

Morgan Triplett

Desiree Nall

Mindy Brickman

Oberlin College

Lena Dunham

Rolling Stone/Jackie

University of Chicago Facebook Hoax

Adam Saleh and Sheikh Akbar

Daniele Watts

Keith Jones

Sweet Briar College Hoaxer

Grand Valley State University Student

Richard Kennedy

Anonymous Hercules Middle-High School Student

Joe Williams

Andrea Brazier

Genesis Hernandez

Danya Morales

Toni Christina Jenkins

Dylan Bleier and Matt Alden

Meg Lanker-Simons

Olander Cuthrell

Charlie Rogers

Sharmeka Moffitt

Joseph Baken

Alexandra Pennell

Aimee Whitchurch and Christel Conklin

Quinn Matney

Aubriana Banks

Sarah Marshak

Floyd Elliot

Tawana Brawley

Crystal Gail Mangum

Kerri Dunn

Leah Miller

Ahmad Saad Nasim

Note to self - get some socks, to star this man's post. Simply amazing, sir.
BallerStaf2003
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

UPDATE BELOW

Over 30 attacks.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/dallas-gay-men-oak-lawn-neighborhood-attacks
yeahright81
AG
Good post. I was just about to post that it seems strange that anyone would be randomly hanging out at 2am in late January in Chicago carrying bleach and a rope just in case they ran into an almost famous black gay actor outside Subway.
CanyonAg77
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

UPDATE BELOW

Over 30 attacks.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/apr/28/dallas-gay-men-oak-lawn-neighborhood-attacks
Quote:

Between then and now, activists estimate there have been about 30 attacks in the Oak Lawn area a dozen or so unreported all but one against gay men

tbirdspur2010
AG
"Only two have been officially categorised as hate crimes: to be classed as bias motivated the authorities require evidence such as the use of gay slurs. But whether propelled by hate, the intention to commit robberies, or both, the location and profiles of the victims suggest the perpetrators believe gay men are easy targets."

So this may not have even been an "ZOMG I HATE GAYS!" thing, you say?

Huh.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

UPDATE BELOW

Over 30 attacks.

For clarity ....

Quote:

Between then and now, activists estimate there have been about 30 attacks in the Oak Lawn area a dozen or so unreported all but one against gay men and committed by perhaps six to nine individuals.

key words

ACTIVISTS ESTIMATE - i mean they would have no reason to exaggerate. right???

ABOUT 30 - thats not "over" 30 in my view

A DOZEN OR SO UNREPORTED - speaks for itself, how do they count unreported??

PERHAPS 6 to 9 INDIVIDUALS - no idea how they would come to this conclusion but it's NOT a police statement first of all.

So it isn't over 30, not even all against gay men, certainly not all reported, and vague statements like perhaps, estimate, and "or so"....

I'm not saying attacks didn't happen - they most certainly did. But you have a publication and activists that certainly wanted some action. And they got it.

But I wouldn't use this as some bellwether that attacks were significantly on the rise especially since it seemingly disappeared soon after and there were no arrests, etc. despite there being many many cameras in the area.

If you google you'll also find some attacks of the same type from 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2015..... guess who was President then. Not Trump. Was Obama and his followers to blame then??

Zemira
AG
So he didn't call the police? was he mugged? How did he get to the hospital?

What the hell is someone walking down a fridgid street in Chicago at 2am?

Who happens to have bleach and a rope to assault a C list gay actor? Where they stalking him?

I mean I live in Texas so anything below 40 is cold, but at the current temps in Chicago at 2am wouldn't you have a few layers, thick coat, gloves, scarf and hat to go outside in -5+ temperatures? Unless they were stalking him with the bleach and rope how do you tell who the bundled up guy is?

I believe it is likely the guy got beat up.

Was he mugged?
Was he the victim of a crazy stalker?
Was he beaten up by young straight black men in Chicago, who actually recognized him from TV and hate gays? Might these have been gang members in Chicago?

I dunno but being beaten up for being a gay TV star with a bit of fame by a bunch of gang members in Chicago at 2am seems more likely than the homophobic racist skinhead in Chicago at 2am.
IrishTxAggie
AG
There is no room for your logic when it comes to matters of faux liberal outrage!!
e=mc2
AG
Libs are FOS! They either lie or support liars.
chach
AG
Any piece of **** liberal can yell "this is MAGA country."

Libs wouldn't stoop that low, would they? Ha!
hbtheduce
AG
I doubt the actor himself talked to TMZ about the racial angle. Some newly graduated lib decided to try their hand at true journalisming and made all the **** up. Feel bad for the actor, hope the real facts come put asap.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.