Black gay actor assaulted by "MAGA supporters"

689,624 Views | 4506 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by agent-maroon
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

"And wearing MAGA hats!??"
What I always thought was funny is they had video of the brothers buying the red caps but they couldn't locate any actual MAGA hats, you know, since they were in Chicago, which is like 95% democrat.

Yet Jussie wanted us to believe there were two racist MAGA hat wearing homophobes, carrying around bleach and a noose when they just happened to recognize Smollett at 2am in -16 degree weather. Sounds legit.
C@LAg
Not a Bot
AG
Defense lawyer tried really hard to personally connect with the jury and to play to their political leanings. Talking about "Obama's city" and how no black man living in Chicago would be dumb enough to think anyone would believe him if he said he was attacked by MAGA people.
will25u
Gateman
AG
Jussie walking into courthouse
C@LAg
would be funny if the jury comes out, all wearing nooses, and declare themselves to be hung.
MarkTwain
Guilty on five

Count 6 not guilty
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
C@LAg
Justice On Juicy!
MsDoubleD81
johnnyblaze36
AG
sicandtiredTXN said:

Guilty on five

Count 6 not guilty
Do you know which count that was?
MsDoubleD81
AG
What is 6?
aginlakeway
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

Guilty on five

Count 6 not guilty

The lying about aggrevated assault.
MarkTwain
johnnyblaze36 said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

Guilty on five

Count 6 not guilty
All the same charge from six different officers

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
aggiehawg
AG
sicandtiredTXN said:

johnnyblaze36 said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

Guilty on five

Count 6 not guilty
All the same charge from six different officers

The last charge was was from February and not from his statements in January right after and the next morning. So could be more attenuated in time or the state didn't bring enough evidence as to that interaction?

WAG..
coolerguy12
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

I understand the reason for skepticism until more information comes out.

I think it is odd that trump supporters on the thread are rushing to call this fake, as opposed to saying that this is not what they represent.

There is no doubt that SOME (not all) Trump supporters are racist and/or homophobic.

Regardless, I'm not going to rush to any conclusions. Just find it odd that there is almost zero concern for the victim.

Quoting to bring this back to the top.

"Victim" LO freaking L
MarkTwain
He gave five accounts of the Hoax to five different interviews by officers immediately after the reported Hoax

Then a month later he was interviewed again by a detective and that was the account that was acquitted.
ProgN
johnnyblaze36 said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

Guilty on five

Count 6 not guilty
https://apple.news/ATmWqPgSgSbStUmHoCSyZRw
MarkTwain
Now the question is are Perjury charges forthcoming?
aginlakeway
AG
Will Don Lemon talk about this tonight?
MarkTwain
sicandtiredTXN said:

He gave five accounts of the Hoax to five different interviews by officers immediately after the reported Hoax

Then a month later he was interviewed again by a detective and that was the account that was acquitted.
I was literally trying to clarify

here's the breakdown

Count 1 accuses him of telling responding Chicago Police Officer Muhammed Baig at around 2:45 a.m., some 45 minutes after the purported attack, that he was the victim of a hate crime. He said two attackers put a rope around his neck.

Count 2 refers to Smollett telling the same officer he was a victim of a battery, describing attackers beating and pouring bleach on him.

Counts 3 and 4 are when Smollett made the same claims but to a different officer, Kimberly Murray, later that morning, at just before 6 a.m.

Count 5 accuses Smollett of again telling Murray at around 7:15 p.m. that he was the victim of a battery.

Count 6 refers to Smollett reporting on Feb. 14, 2019, to detective Robert Graves that he'd been a victim of an aggravated battery.
Sully Dog
sicandtiredTXN said:

It may just be that the prosecution didn't submit enough evidence with the 6th charge.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Not a Bot
AG
Each charge is a Class IV felony. 1-3 years and $25,000 on each charge. Judge has wide discretion as to probation vs jail time.
WolfCall
AG

https://nypost.com/2021/12/09/jussie-smollett-convicted-of-staging-hate-crime/
Quote:

Jussie Smollett guilty of staging race-baiting hate attack to boost career
By Gabrielle Fonrouge December 9, 2021 6:18pm

Jussie Smollett was convicted Thursday of staging a hate crime nearly three years after he claimed two Trump-loving bigots beat him up, tied a noose around his neck and doused him in bleach in a misbegotten bid to raise his public profile.

It took nearly an hour for the actor to return to Chicago courthouse to hear the jury's guilty verdict.

For Smollett, the verdict is the final chapter in the made-for-tv saga that jurors found Smollett not just starred in, but directed from start to finish when he asked two men to "fake beat him up," gave them a script of homophobic and racist slurs to deliver and selected a stage for the phony beatdown that he thought was in direct view of surveillance cameras.

Jurors heard six days of testimony from 13 witnesses and deliberated for less than 10 hours. In the absence of smoking gun evidence, the trial in Chicago criminal court came down to whose story was more believable: Smollett's, or Abimbola and Olabinjo Osundairo's.

The defense vehemently maintained Smollett was the victim of a real hate crime and called the brothers "sophisticated liars and criminals," who later offered to recant their story and "tell the truth" in exchange for $2 million.

"He's dumb enough to go into Obama's city and pretend there's Trump supporters running around with MAGA hats? Give me a break," defense attorney Nenye Uche told jurors in his closing arguments.

"The brothers were like wolves disguised as sheep in the hen house."

Prosecutors, however, said Smollett exploited tense race relations for his own gain and paid the Osundairos $3,500 to stage the attack so he could get attention.

"It's clearly a violation of the law to go to the police and report to police a fake crime and tell police it's a real crime," special prosecutor Dan Webb told the jury.

"To outright denigrate something as serious, as heinous, as a real hate crime, to denigrate it and then make sure it involved words and symbols that have such horrible historical significance in our country was just plain wrong to do it and he did."

The two brothers, who'd known the former "Empire" actor for about a year and a half prior to the hoax, both delivered hours-long testimonies as the prosecution's star witnesses. Abimbola, 28, told jurors that he and Smollett met at a club in the fall of 2017 and soon became so close, he considered the actor to be a "brother."

So when Smollett texted him on January 25, 2019 asking him for some "help on the low," he agreed to meet up with the actor who brought up a piece of hate mail he received that showed a stick figure hanging and the words "You will die black f-g."

"He talked about how the studio was not taking the mail seriously, the hate mail he'd received earlier," Abimbola testified.

"I was confused, I looked puzzled and then he explained that he wanted me to fake beat him up."

Abimbola, who is now an amateur boxer, said Smollett told him specific lines he wanted the brothers to deliver "'Empire', f-t, n-r, MAGA" and then gave blow-by-blow instructions.

"He wanted me to punch him but he wanted me to pull the punch so I didn't hurt him and then he wanted me to tussle him and throw him to the ground and give him a bruise," Abimbola testified.....

You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
C@LAg
aggrieved battery:

Raiderjay
CNNs actual title:

"Jussie Smollet Guilty on Some charges"

[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Sounds like Justice for Juicy is happening
annie88
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Each charge is a Class IV felony. 1-3 years and $25,000 on each charge. Judge has wide discretion as to probation vs jail time.

Sadly I think they'll go very easy on him.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FDEMS TRUMP 2024.
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
Can they also charge him with perjury on the stand?
Fight Fight Fight.
annie88
AG
C@LAg said:

They will just not admit this bull***** Jussie could tell them to their faces that Yep I did lie about it, it's all fake and they would still lie. They simply don't care.
Fight Fight Fight.
Not a Bot
AG
sicandtiredTXN said:

Now the question is are Perjury charges forthcoming?

Very unlikely. The judge can take the defendants's honesty on the stand and remorse into consideration in the sentencing. It would be highly unusual for separate charges to be filed. The fact that he continues to lie only hurts his case for probation over prison time.
annie88
AG
Out of curiosity, does anybody know the racial make up of the jury? Not that it should matter because it shouldn't but given the way things are today…
Fight Fight Fight.
Not a Bot
AG
annie88 said:

Out of curiosity, does anybody know the racial make up of the jury? Not that it should matter because it shouldn't but given the way things are today…

6 men, 6 women, only one black person.
C@LAg
Captain Positivity said:

annie88 said:

how many are gay?
Not a Bot
AG
Pretty sure none of them were asked.

One potential juror was excused after saying she had a gay daughter and had done a lot of research on the case because she was fearful for her daughter's safety.
annie88
AG
Captain Positivity said:

annie88 said:

OK here we go with the racist jury comments.
Fight Fight Fight.
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 129

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.