Diablo IV

106,096 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by txag2k
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cromagnum said:

So stats on gear you already had was fair game to nerf into the ground in the previous patch. Any changes to gear in today's patch only apply to new drops.

Apparently rerolling gear you already have is also wonky as compared to rerolling gear that dropped post patch. I cannot confirm but saw folks *****ing about it.
Cromagnum
AG
LOL. This dude supposedly did something with his controller to keep his game on while he went AFK, and Blizz banned him for 3rd party software. The forums weren't having it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/i-got-banned-by-having-ps-controller-upside-down-blizzard-call-it-use-of-3rd-party-program-lol/113113

Then he melted down and the forums let him have it.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/blizzard-u-can-suk-my-c0ck/113206
AgDev01
AG
Links are dead. Must have really been a ****show for something to get nuked from the Blizzard forums.
I Like Mike
AG
Rolled the Barber 2.6 seconds as my first wrathful invoker. Minions about to wreck shop.
Average Joe
AG
Professional Hitter said:

Rolled the Barber 2.6 seconds as my first wrathful invoker. Minions about to wreck shop.

I farmed for one for about 20 levels straight and finally got a 2.4 second one. It's so broken. Doesn't matter if it's a single boss or huge pack.
I Like Mike
AG
I just need to clear WT4 capstone so I can hunt the ring of mendeln and I am gtg.
Hagen95
AG
Hope you have better luck than me. I found a mendeln when I hit 90.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Been lurking this thread for some time.

Just bought a PS5 this last week for FF16 but then bought D4 on Thursday.

This thing is way better than D3 in my opinion. I played an unhealthy amount of D2 LOD back in the day and originally started out with Diablo on the PS One.

As an original vanilla WoW player that was pretty hardcore in spurts through MoP, I sense there's a lot more to D4 once you hit lvl 50.

I've always craved endgame content but know I don't have the time for it anymore. So now I'm just enjoying the campaign and what it will bring. So far, gear drops and progression have been good. Great story. Boss fights are challenging and require some real strategy and maneuverability.

Lvl 25 Druid and using a shapeshifting level build focused around pulverize, overpower and fortify.

Anything I should be focusing on while moving through the game? Im trying to save gems and also doing a mix of selling drops and dismantling for mats.

Should I just sell everything now and horde gold or dismantle everything for mats? How much gold should I reasonably expect to use along the way?
cmk10
AG
dismantle and or sell everything. dont level up anything until you are level 50
Cromagnum
AG
Hit 100 on season, and found out Uber Lilith is still a one shot fest and practically impossible on Druid. I could get her past the first 25%, but that's it.
BowSowy
AG
No reason really to save gems. Once you get to level 60ish in WT4, you will have more max gems than you what to do with and you only need 10 or so at any given time. Up until that point, you aren't min/maxing so just throw in whatever highest level gem you have on hand. I alternate between selling and salvaging depending on whether I'm low on gold or low on mats.

If you're following an online build, keep an eye on the aspects you'll need for late game. Keep the gear that has those aspects (or extract the aspect) in your stash.

Also, once you get to WT3 and start getting sacreds, resist the urge to spend mats upgrading or enchanting them. You will level out of WT3 quickly and the gear becomes obsolete almost immediately. The only exception might be if you get a sacred unique that has an aspect that's crucial for whatever build you are running.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Good advice. Hit 36 last night (played a lot yesterday).

I've started to save some aspects. One I just found is super beneficial right now - adds a powerful shockwave to my pulverize. I imagine I'll be using this for awhile as it makes my main attack a ranged one.

I may choose to farm some dungeons for aspects - does the map showing those aspects that accurate? Or are there other online places I need to look to be farming them?
Cromagnum
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

I've started to save some aspects. One I just found is super beneficial right now - adds a powerful shockwave to my pulverize. I imagine I'll be using this for awhile as it makes my main attack a ranged one.

I may choose to farm some dungeons for aspects - does the map showing those aspects that accurate? Or are there other online places I need to look to be farming them?

Some aspects come only from drops.
Cromagnum
AG
Played rogue to 100 in preseason.
Just got my Druid to 100 in S1.

Next class to play? Debating on going casual until S2, or gearing a 2nd S1 character.
zip04
AG
The only reason to save the gems is to craft better ones. Once you reach level 70, you can craft royal gems, which can't be found.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Cromagnum said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

I meant drops inside dungeons.

I get that they show up on all legendary and up but wasn't sure if there are only specific farming areas for certain aspects. Some of the reading I'm doing suggests that..."go here to farm these aspect drops."
Cromagnum
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

Cromagnum said:

ChoppinDs40 said:

I meant drops inside dungeons.

I get that they show up on all legendary and up but wasn't sure if there are only specific farming areas for certain aspects. Some of the reading I'm doing suggests that..."go here to farm these aspect drops."

Allegedly certain mobs drop more of a certain item type (helmets, swords, etc...) so you can try to target farm that. Certain aspects are only equippable in certain slots, so you would need to see which slots have the aspe you want and try to farm for those. I never bothered and just try to kill lots of **** fast.
Madmarttigan
AG
If your aspect doesn't come from the codex/dungeons for completion then the best thing to do is gamble for it buying certain slots from the vendor.

Offensive aspects probably best to gamble gloves.
Utility/mobility gamble boots
Defensive/utility helm.
Pure defensive chest or pants.

Would recommend you abuse events during Helltides and find a good event circle to do so you get tons of obols.
Formerly tv1113
txag2k
AG
A buddy mentioned seeing a pop up after one of the patches that talked about going to a vendor that had special items. Does anyone know what he's talking about? not the purveyor.
WGann3
AG
After the most recent patch I had a pop up telling me the paid cosmetic shop (lol) had new stuff. Maybe that?
Hagen95
AG
Sounds like you're ready for that hard-core character
Cromagnum
AG
Hagen95 said:

Sounds like you're ready for that hard-core character

Nah. I never enjoyed the risk vs reward gameplay of hardcore, especially when the servers have a bad habit of pre-determining your fate.
ChoppinDs40
AG
what is there to do after 100? end game raiding that needs multiple people? more gear grinding?

How's PVP?

I remember in WoW, the game didn't even START until you hit max level.
Cromagnum
AG
I haven't figured out how this build works so good, but this dude is steamrolling tier 96 dungeons with the new penetrating shot bow and no imbuements.

Madmarttigan
AG
ChoppinDs40 said:

what is there to do after 100? end game raiding that needs multiple people? more gear grinding?

How's PVP?

I remember in WoW, the game didn't even START until you hit max level.

Other than nm100 and Uber Lilith there isn't squat to do, which is a major problem for a lot of people.
Formerly tv1113
Cromagnum
AG
Making an alt, even after you have maxed out in season is a slog. You still have to redo all your renown and waypoints all over again. Eff that.
txag2k
AG
WGann3 said:

After the most recent patch I had a pop up telling me the paid cosmetic shop (lol) had new stuff. Maybe that?

LMAO I bet that's it. Thanks.
txag2k
AG
Cromagnum said:

Played rogue to 100 in preseason.
Just got my Druid to 100 in S1.

Next class to play? Debating on going casual until S2, or gearing a 2nd S1 character.
Same. I haven't beaten Uber Lilith so I guess that's now my grind. Also I play Sorc... and well...

Quote:

"F#ck Sorcs lol"
-Blizz Devs
Madmarttigan
AG
You shouldn't have to do renown again?
Formerly tv1113
txag2k
AG
Madmarttigan said:

That's what I thought. Once completed in seasons, its character shared. I guess I'll start a Rogue.
Cromagnum
AG
Madmarttigan said:

You are correct. There are two bonuses for each renown. The one that matters, every character gets. You can unlock piddly gold and xp if you want.
Cromagnum
AG
When you running full thorns build.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/785034406340813?mibextid=9drbnH
WGann3
AG
Renown all carrying over to S2, thank god. Some decent updates for S2. Zero chance I make an alt this season, debatable if I'll even make it to level 100.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23989476/season-of-blood-is-dripping-into-sanctuary
txag2k
AG
nice.

AtlAg05
AG
Shouldn't that read "Fixed elemental resistances"?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.