Diablo IV

106,080 Views | 1210 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by txag2k
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

That HP seems awfully low. Perhaps because I'm a barb, but I have over twice that much HP.

ETA: Also, are you following a build guide?

I don't know what "high" HP would look like for a sorc. I certainly had numbers closer to what you are talking about in previous seasons playing a barb.
Lathspell
AG
What guide are you using? Apparently, all classes are able to clear Pit 100, so there's got to be something you're missing. Be interested to see your gear.
Cromagnum
AG
My build is off of maxroll. I haven't compared this one to icyveins, but in general maxroll ones tend to fare better. Looking at D4 Blizzard Forums, most FO sorcs are topping out in Pit 60-70 somewhere. Single target dmg is the Achilles heel.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/frozen-orb-sorcerer-guide
Cromagnum
AG
With legendary pants my armor is above the cap. With Tibaults its a little lower than the cap. I'm not exactly hurting for gear.

txag2k
AG
lol nerd.

j/k thanks for the Durial carries (and Will$$) on my fresh alt.
BowSowy
AG
Yeah, sounds like FO Sorc shines early and struggles late. Apparently there's a pretty nutty thorns barb build out there.
Lathspell
AG
Yeah... I've never played Sorc, so don't know what you're supposed to see. I'm assuming magical damage modifiers don't adjust the Attack Power stat, because my barb is around 40K Attack Power.

BowSowy could be right in saying that particular build may just not scale well. Go play a DoubleSwing Dust Devil Barb. This build has been insane for me.
Cromagnum
AG
Leave it to nerds to break the game, LOL. Rogue build capable of 3 minute Pit 100 clears and melts tormented Ubers.

txag2k
AG
NERD!! Dam i need some better gear!!
Cromagnum
AG
LOL. And just like that, Blizzard broke the build with bad code during today's patch. Now the rapid fire shots just go randomly all over the place.

txag2k
AG
Blizz bein Blizz
bbattbq01
AG
I started one yesterday because got bored with minions necro and still melts crap early lol. I farmed t4 Zir to get the ring at lvl 58 I think. Hopefully they "fix" the targeting so I can see what it was like before the change… its already sick.
Cromagnum
AG
bbattbq01 said:

I started one yesterday because got bored with minions necro and still melts crap early lol. I farmed t4 Zir to get the ring at lvl 58 I think. Hopefully they "fix" the targeting so I can see what it was like before the change… its already sick.

Well, they hotfixed it today so if shoots more like rail gun than a grenade launcher. Absolutely nukes bosses but has next to no AOE now so makes packs a *****. You also can't hit anything that's right on top of you as it will shoot past them. If the first arrows in the shot kill something, the remaining arrows do absolutely nothing and will not explode on the ground.

The 1st version of it before Blizzard started effing with it was the best. I cleared a Pit 60 earlier while I was at level 90 and only had like two glyphs to 15. It was good before they broke it
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Just got the game for 50% off and have been playing a bit. Game seems like it's in a better place and I'm having fun so far. There's a lot of systems to learn but enjoying my time with it so far.
txag2k
txag2k
AG
FightinTexasAg15
AG
WGann3
AG
Still no traditional sword and board class… I sometimes still question whether or not this dev team ever played any of the previous Diablo entries, or heck any ARPG ever made.
Cromagnum
AG
That cinematic where the arms split open to make multiple arms...
txag2k
AG
Tab bit bloody, I'd say.
bbattbq01
AG
I admit I bought it just because I wanted the cute little tiger pet.
BowSowy
AG
WGann3 said:

Still no traditional sword and board class… I sometimes still question whether or not this dev team ever played any of the previous Diablo entries, or heck any ARPG ever made.
I get it, you dislike this game and are going to find problems with it regardless. But I'll disagree here - they went traditional with the classes in the base game. I think it would've been pretty boring if this first expansion's class was a paladin-esque class. We've all played a paladin archetype.
Cromagnum
AG
I'm curious to see how the new class works. We already have a shapeshifter and a summoner.

I'm still holding out hope that we get a dark knight, or oathbreaker type of character, or even get to play as a horadrim one of these days.
WGann3
AG
An incorrect assumption, I don't dislike the game. There was a lot done well, I really enjoyed the campaign playthrough and they nailed the atmosphere. I put around 200 hours into pre-season and S1. I thought the itemization was terrible so that was enough play time for me until they revamped it so I've been back for some of S4 and while it still needs work, it's much improved. They're definitely headed in the right direction.

I'm just telling you all that so you know I'm not some barely touched it Diablo IV hater. I just think it's wild we haven't had some sort of sword and board holy warrior type character. It's part of Diablo's identity. You're not wrong, we got nothing but vintage classes at launch which was cool - but arguably the most famous was missing - that's my big issue. Heck, only a Necromancer can use a shield, period. How in the world did they land on that plan?

This new expansion looks good, I'm excited for it. The new class looks interesting. The game is clearly headed in the right direction... But give me sword and board!
Cromagnum
AG
So we really cosplaying He-Man with some of these pre-orders.

Cromagnum
AG
2K says he wants more 4 man Andy runs.
bbattbq01
AG
Cromagnum said:

lol you all know you enjoyed that!
Cromagnum
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Cromagnum said:

lol you all know you enjoyed that!

I'll just save my Andy mats for solo one shots. Doing it as a 4 man is a boil on my ass. LOL
txag2k
AG
bbattbq01
AG
Switched my barb to bash bleed today and smashed Uber Andy for one of you.

Such stupid amount of damage… need to get a grandfather now!
Lathspell
AG
That was me!

Damage wasn't the issue, it was surviving the last quarter of her HP. That's all I needed to complete my Season Journey.
Cromagnum
AG
Rapid Fire was (mostly) fixed with the scoundrels kissed ring. It still shoots behind targets but they gave it a big enough AOE that it usually still hits them. I don't know why they couldn't just make it target your pointer. This change with the nerf to pits and I jumped from scrapping through 96 to easily doing 111. I haven't pushed higher but could.

If you are running rapid fire without the ring, it's completed effed with repeating aspect, and your arrows will disappear when your targeted mob dies, whether it's the first arrow or the last one.
Hagen95
AG
Hope you guys are already grinding out your chars this season.
Rule Number 32
AG
Started a sorc as they seem to be FOTM. Hadn't played one yet but it has been pretty fun!
Lathspell
AG
Playing Barrage Rogue.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.