Amazon/USPS Struggling Again?

18,658 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by trouble
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
tu ag
AG
I was out of town all week and forgot something I needed. My wife overnighted it to me.
After 5 days it still never arrived and I left and had to ask the place I was at to have the staff mail it back whenever they get it.
Utterly ridiculous.
PS3D
I've heard stories from Amazon where items are getting damaged in transit and then automatically getting refunds before it even arrives and recruiting freelancers to deliver Amazon packages.

As bad as our local USPS is, there are clearly issues with Amazon.com and deliveries.
MiMi
S
PS3D said:

I've heard stories from Amazon where items are getting damaged in transit and then automatically getting refunds before it even arrives and recruiting freelancers to deliver Amazon packages.

As bad as our local USPS is, there are clearly issues with Amazon.com and deliveries.

The large package I was expecting and showing delivered in my mailbox at 11:32pm was actually delivered the next morning to my front porch.

Later that day, I saw a pick up truck with USPS decals on its doors turn onto my street loaded down with Amazon boxes. Looks like USPS is struggling to deal with Amazon deliveries and outsourcing deliveries.

My daughter ordered a few things today on my Prime account and the guesstimate delivery date is next Friday. So we're at 7-8 days now.
gettingitdone
We live in Bryan. My husband ordered a couple of things last weekend. Showed more than 6 days for delivery here and only 2 day for delivery to Hearne. Guess what we did? Had it delivered to Hearne. My son lives there so getting it is no issue for us. Crazy to think that the postal service in Robertson county is far more efficient than BCS
Rockdoc
AG
Never thought I'd say it but I'm about ready to stop using Amazon. It's to the point where I'm willing to pay a few bucks more and hunt for whatever I'm looking for locally. The USPS is getting worse every day. There's a different person and vehicle delivering every day. WHEN they show up.
Average Joe
AG
Amazon should invest more in the locker pickup locations for towns like ours that have post offices that have been cut at the knees over and over. I don't need to have every package delivered to my door, so give me a slight discount on shipping and I'll go pick it up a few miles down the road.
LOYAL AG
AG
gettingitdone said:

We live in Bryan. My husband ordered a couple of things last weekend. Showed more than 6 days for delivery here and only 2 day for delivery to Hearne. Guess what we did? Had it delivered to Hearne. My son lives there so getting it is no issue for us. Crazy to think that the postal service in Robertson county is far more efficient than BCS

It doesn't surprise me at all. It's not the efficiency of the local post office it's their inability to scale up when necessary as the students come and go. By end of September we'll be back to two days and we'll be complaining again in mid-January. This probably traces back to the significant changes made when Trump was president that were intended to reduce their operating losses. Local businesses would approach this by having excess capacity in slow months and prices that reflect the need to make hay when it's busy to cover for when it's not. The post office doesn't have that ability since Congress controls their pricing and all those guys care about is where their next bribe is coming from and which stocks to buy ahead of pending legislation. The problem is a function of 1/3 of our population being seasonal.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
maroon barchetta
It won't go back to two days. Our local USPS is not good and has no indication of improving.
LOYAL AG
AG
maroon barchetta said:

It won't go back to two days. Our local USPS is not good and has no indication of improving.

A month ago it was two days. It was two days all summer and pretty much all spring. This isn't our first go around with this conversation.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
maroon barchetta
LOYAL AG said:

maroon barchetta said:

A month ago it was two days. It was two days all summer and pretty much all spring. This isn't our first go around with this conversation.

It hasn't been two days for us in a long time.
doubledog
Quote:

This probably traces back to the significant changes made when Trump was president that were intended to reduce their operating losses. Local businesses would approach this by having excess capacity in slow months and prices that reflect the need to make hay when it's busy to cover for when it's not.

NM we all know what is wrong with the local USPS...
Charpie
AG
I was supposed to have two packages delivered today. One made it. The other according to informed delivery is available for pickup.
MiMi
S
maroon barchetta said:

LOYAL AG said:

maroon barchetta said:

It hasn't been two days for us in a long time.
It's been inconsistent for me. Was pretty quick earlier this year and is taking a lot longer recently. Here are my 2024 orders from Amazon:

Order placed 8/16; expected delivery 8/23
Order placed 8/8; delivered 8/16
Order placed 7/17; delivered 7/22
Order placed 7/11; delivered 7/18
Order placed 6/13; delivered 6/15
Order placed 6/8; delivered 6/11
Order placed 4/24; delivered 4/26
Order placed 4/18; delivered 4/19
Order placed 4/10; delivered 4/12
Order placed 2/19; delivered 2/21

JP76
I heard a dozen employees are out at Bryan with covid
Independence H-D
JP76 said:

Doubt that changes anything one way or the other.
doubledog
JP76 said:

Is it the same employees that are always out for something?
91_Aggie
AG
So I ordered 2 things from Amazon on Monday from Amazon using Prime. Both said Saturday delivery.

One finally shipped today. Other item hasn't shipped yet... so not fully convinced this is B/CS USPS issue.

The item that shipped today is coming UPS. No reason why Amazon had to delay actually shipping
FlyRod
JP76 said:

Yup, heard this from my long term neighborhood mail carrier. He said delays of "a few more days" will be the norm for a spell.
Rexter
Ordered a tv remote on Saturday. Prime to CS was 7 days. Prime to the mother in law's home in Caldwell was 2 days. Drove to Caldwell and picked it up on Monday. Could have had it Sunday morning at my brother's place in Pinehurst.
LOYAL AG
AG
91_Aggie said:

So I ordered 2 things from Amazon on Monday from Amazon using Prime. Both said Saturday delivery.

One finally shipped today. Other item hasn't shipped yet... so not fully convinced this is B/CS USPS issue.

The item that shipped today is coming UPS. No reason why Amazon had to delay actually shipping

It's local USPS. That's what so many people on this thread are saying that their orders are 7 days to BCS and 2 days to surrounding towns like Hearne and Caldwell.
MsDoubleD81
AG
They're p'd off about the complaints about their drone.
BiochemAg97
AG
91_Aggie said:

Agreement with USPS has daily volume limits. As the volume goes above the daily limit, Amazon holds the packages.
MiMi
S
The Amazon order I placed on 8/16 was shipped today via UPS. Expected delivery is 8/23. Happy that I can track its journey better with UPS but frustrated that it took 5 days to ship.
Tailgate88
AG
91_Aggie said:

It's the USPS. They tell Amazon not to bring any more packages until they deliver the backlog they already have. I had a AMZ package that I ordered Saturday ship today. It says it will be delivered tomorrow. When I changed the delivery address to a family member in Houston as an experiment the expected delivery date changed to (last) Monday.
maroon barchetta
UPS showed up at 8:45pm tonight. Delivering Amazon for USPS.

I didn't expect them this late.
Hornbeck
AG
To be fair, USPS only struggles on days that end in "Y".
Jason86
AG
For some items you can select the Century Square Amazon location and still get them in 1-2 days. Worked for me the other day instead of having to wait 6 days for our CS and Bryan addresses that were tried.
TXAG 05
AG
It's crazy that the delivery times are so long. Has to be the post office. I'm in Houston and everything comes in 1-2 days, some items even show up the same day. I'd expect long delivery times for some remote podunk area, not a big city like BCS
Charpie
AG
So I ordered stuff from Sephora Sunday night. Shipped via USPS and arrived on Wednesday. Amazon? Still taking 5-7 days
BiochemAg97
AG
TXAG 05 said:

It's crazy that the delivery times are so long. Has to be the post office. I'm in Houston and everything comes in 1-2 days, some items even show up the same day. I'd expect long delivery times for some remote podunk area, not a big city like BCS

Amazon hasn't deemed BCS big enough to have the Amazon vans here. But USPS has scaled to summer delivery volume rather than students arriving for Fall Semester delivery volume or Christmas followed by students returning for Spring semester delivery volume.
Hornbeck
AG
Scaling? Planning?

Those are things we don't do. /USPS
maroon barchetta
Our 8:45pm UPS delivery yesterday was Amazon stuff. I need to ask my wife how many days it took to get here.
Tailgate88
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

TXAG 05 said:

Amazon hasn't deemed BCS big enough to have the Amazon vans here. But USPS has scaled to summer delivery volume rather than students arriving for Fall Semester delivery volume or Christmas followed by students returning for Spring semester delivery volume.
Not true. They are just waiting for someone to open a franchise.

https://logistics.amazon.com/marketing/dsp-available-locations

Bryan location is available!
Hornbeck
AG
I would not touch that franchise with a ten foot pole.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.