Blue Cross Blue Shield/Scott and White Question

1,108 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by EBrazosAg
tb9665
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone heard anything about Scott and White and Blue Cross Blue Shield working out their differences by Oct.1? Will they be out of network?
meezermom
It is worked out through something like May of 2025. Who knows what happens then...
Rapier108
The extension was to October 1, 2024.

Nothing on either the S&W or BCBS' websites show anything new.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FlyRod
Everyone I know with Scott and White is now doctor shopping. Good luck out there.
MadDog73
AG
Why are they doctor shopping?
MiMi
S
MadDog73 said:

Because if a deal is not made, all S&W providers will be out of network for TAMU employees with BCBS as of Oct 1.
MadDog73
AG
Got it. Thanks.
Mister Shipwreck
I have two appointments in Oct, and yea - I am waiting to see if another extension is coming or not...
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I have a procedure scheduled with them for October 11th. I love making decisions between my health or financial ruin over stuff like this.
threecatcorner
MiMi said:

MadDog73 said:

Because if a deal is not made, all S&W providers will be out of network for TAMU employees with BCBS as of Oct 1.
Not just TAMU employees.

I think it's all of BCBS Texas.
Koko Chingo
AG
https://www.bswhealth.com/patient-tools/registration-and-billing/blue-cross-blue-shield
MiMi
S
Koko Chingo said:

https://www.bswhealth.com/patient-tools/registration-and-billing/blue-cross-blue-shield

This was announced quite a while ago. We all want to know if there are any updates to this announcement.
Koko Chingo
AG
Nothing new they will post it when it becomes official.

(For A&M). Something that is not new but not really talked about is that on April 30, 2025 the Brazos Valley Network discount for S&W expires. That means co-pays will go up and the co-insurance amount A&M pays for will go down, meaning we are responsible for paying more

I want to say the St Joe's discount also expires but at a later date. Don't quote me in the St. Joe's.
MiMi
S
Considering we are less than 2 weeks away from the deadline, there needs to be an announcement sooner rather than later. An agreement (or not) affects a **** ton of people in BCS.
philothea
Koko Chingo said:

Nothing new they will post it when it becomes official.

(For A&M). Something that is not new but not really talked about is that on April 30, 2025 the Brazos Valley Network discount for S&W expires. That means co-pays will go up and the co-insurance amount A&M pays for will go down, meaning we are responsible for paying more

I want to say the St Joe's discount also expires but at a later date. Don't quote me in the St. Joe's.

I was told they both expire April 30th, 2025 when I asked during the Health Fair this summer.
meezermom
Yeah, I was told spring of 2025 as well - I think we are all OK for this year and the beginning of next.
EBrazosAg
AG
BV Network was an effort by TAMU to steer employees to St Joe because their contract prices are a few % less than BSW. BSW used leverage with some political types to cause the Tamu leadership at the time to reverse course. The network discounts will go away because if both systems have access, what use (to Tamu) is the discount? They aren't worried about the employee copays.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.