Toyota replacing 102,000 engines

5,324 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by fixer
Bronco6Gen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow...engine and transmission problems from a brand that historically has had neither. Me smells corporate sabotage.
Stat Monitor Repairman

Would be a bestseller but your government say no.
EMY92
AG
Truck sales indicate otherwise. If people wanted basic, dealer lots would be full of work truck models, not Platinums and Denalis.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Thats a a long way of saying vehicles that qualify for section 179.
Earth Rider
AG
I would buy that truck if it was 4x4. Simple is best, a loaded truck is a headache.
Silvy
AG
Do you not drive a F150 Lariat?
Earth Rider
AG
Silvy said:

Do you not drive a F150 Lariat?
I do LOL, and also a Taco. But my family has some ranch land in S. Texas. My 4x4 Regular Cab TAco is awesome in the brush, but it bothers me when I dent it when going under a tree chasing a cow and the branch is too low.

So I would buy that bare bones Taco, and it would be a utility truck for me.

My F150 is a 4x4, but is strictly a city work truck as I travel across the state and into Louisiana. The leather is nice, but I could go with an XLT and do the katskin.
Silvy
AG
Earth Rider said:

My F150 is a 4x4, but is strictly a city work truck as I travel across the state and into Louisiana. The leather is nice, but I could go with an XLT and do the katskin.
This is why the absolute bare bone trucks don't sell. People want a comfortable truck and the vast majority of people don't want 2x trucks. Even a XLT is like a spaceship compared to that LC.
Earth Rider
AG
Silvy said:

Earth Rider said:

This is why the absolute bare bone trucks don't sell. People want a comfortable truck and the vast majority of people don't want 2x trucks. Even a XLT is like a spaceship compared to that LC.
Well I would make that little LC nice. I'd put katskin in it, upgrade the radio to apple car play, get a bed cover, and then add some side lights that I can use to find varmints. And then I would beat the crud out of it. But I would still buy it. I agree with you though, most people don't have the use for it like I do. But I bet a lot of framers and ranchers would like one like that, especially if it's 4x4.
Jack Boyett
AG
I think it's a little silly to think that Huge Manufacturing Company A can be significantly better than Huge Manufacturing Company B.
fixer
Jack Boyett said:

I think it's a little silly to think that Huge Manufacturing Company A can be significantly better than Huge Manufacturing Company B.
I think it is silly to not think that.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.