Meet the leader of Aggieland Chevrolet

14,290 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
RogerFurlong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did the ecozapp guy start slinging cars or something. Sheesh.
TxAg20
AG
Just to give this dead horse a few more whacks, I bought a piece of equipment yesterday from a dealer. I came out of the office after paying and a tech had the operator's screen pulled out and was digging around inside the electronics. He said he was removing the GPS.

I didn't know there was a GPS in the equipment, nor did the dealer try to sale it to me. They simply use it to track their equipment if stolen and remove them when the equipment is sold. It seems like that's the way it should be.
texsn95
AG
RogerFurlong said:

So what's the story behind this ecozapp dude?
txyaloo
AG
texsn95 said:

RogerFurlong said:

He was a snake oil salesman who put down every other AC company in B/CS all while lying about services being offered, selling snake oil like covid decontamination, and not paying their employees. If anyone questioned them, it always devolved into a name calling mess.
RogerFurlong
texsn95 said:

RogerFurlong said:

A highly entertaining thread where the owner of the company argued with A/C experts. I think his product sprayed water on the a/c unit or something. He would respond to all the negative comments. It was hilarious. This thread had the same energy until the employee or owner stopped replying.
texsn95
AG
Haha, sounds great, I assume that thread got nuked?
ElephantRider
AG
TxAg20 said:

Just to give this dead horse a few more whacks, I bought a piece of equipment yesterday from a dealer. I came out of the office after paying and a tech had the operator's screen pulled out and was digging around inside the electronics. He said he was removing the GPS.

I didn't know there was a GPS in the equipment, nor did the dealer try to sale it to me. They simply use it to track their equipment if stolen and remove them when the equipment is sold. It seems like that's the way it should be.
Unpossible, according to flatout
Dr. Doctor
AG
RogerFurlong said:

texsn95 said:

RogerFurlong said:

A highly entertaining thread where the owner of the company argued with A/C experts. I think his product sprayed water on the a/c unit or something. He would respond to all the negative comments. It was hilarious. This thread had the same energy until the employee or owner stopped replying.
He was selling a 'inside the pipe' cleaner that would improve performance of the HVAC unit like 15-25%. Oh and a leak sealant too, IIRC.

I called him out (I've designed a few industrial heat transfer systems in my life, both hot and cold) as well as a few other HVAC people (installers, dealers and I think one that worked for Daikin or someone).

My main thrust was "if it increased performance that much, why are you selling to homeowners? You should be at the manufacturers' because they are always looking for cheap improvements to their lines". I got radio silence after that.

~egon
txyaloo
AG
texsn95 said:

Haha, sounds great, I assume that thread got nuked?
There were multiple threads. He posted on Aggieland and home improvement until he went out of business leaving folks with a ton of useless maintenance contracts Ecozapp sold.

I think texags purged most of their stuff, but KBTX ran some stories:

Snake oil magical covid ion treatment: https://www.kbtx.com/2020/11/06/local-company-installing-air-filter-systems-in-restaurants/

When they went out of business 45 days later: https://www.kbtx.com/2020/12/21/local-business-putting-employee-safety-first-switching-to-online-sales-only/

Jbob04
AG
I think Texags used them for ac work in their offices if I recall
Mookie
AG
You know Keating owns Apex, right? Google the address without the suite, it's in the same office building at Keating and keating's marketing company.
dubi
AG
Mookie said:

You know Keating owns Apex, right? Google the address without the suite, it's in the same office building at Keating and keating's marketing company.
That is news to me! They don't have to share any of the profit.
texsn95
AG
Keep up the good work Keating!

https://www.cars.com/dealers/192332/keating-nissan/#Reviews
buddybee
REMEMBER NEVER NEVER NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A KEATING DEALERSHIP.

buddybee
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
buddybee said:

FIFY

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.