Not Gonna Lie, 25 Sierra Denali EV Looks Slick

3,437 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by htxag09
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure it will probably be $125 grand, but these features are legit. Would Drive.

Picard
AG
I tried to watch, but GM had already recalled the video.

3rd Platoon
AG
The guy asks if I'd take it over a Cybertruck. The answer is YES.
Logos Stick
I'd rather buy two gas trucks for that price.
Sea Speed
AG
Are there any gassers with the pass through bed like that?
ElephantRider
AG
3rd Platoon said:

The guy asks if I'd take it over a Cybertruck. The answer is YES.

I would take a Pinto over a Cybertruck
Picard
AG
Sea Speed said:

Are there any gassers with the pass through bed like that?

The 2001 and up Chevy Avalanche. If you want to have leaks in the cab while also looking funny, this is the truck you're looking for.

Fairview
AG
Towing hands free seems like a great idea.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I'm really glad they put cupholders in the frunk. The body color looks like they forgot to paint their Revell model.
Mas89
AG
GM will lose Billions on this truck for the same reasons Ford lost Billions on the lightning truck.
GAC06
AG
Is this another 10,000lb 1/2 ton pickup?
LOYAL AG
AG
Mas89 said:

GM will lose Billions on this truck for the same reasons Ford lost Billions on the lightning truck.

This. Until someone not named Tesla shows they can make money on EV people should be weary of buying them. My hunch is we'll see manufacturers scaling back their EV lines to cut losses on them and once that happens you can safely assume they won't know how to service them at the dealership.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
kubiak03
AG
I can only imagine all the leaks that will have
HumpitPuryear
AG
This is another reason insurance rates are going higher. Imagine the expense to repair that thing after even a moderate fender bender.
Buck Turgidson
That mid gate thing is gonna leak like crazy.
EMY92
AG
I don't want a mid-gate. If I'm carrying something long, I don't want it sitting right behind my seat. I'd rather not be impaled by a 2x4 or 4x4 when someone without insurance rear ends me.
Hungry Ojos
Man, this got ratioed quick. But I like it too OP. Looks cool AF.
Goodest Poster
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Man, this got rational quick. But I like it too OP. Looks cool AF.

Always the most goodest
Goodest Poster
AG
My favorite part of the sell...."It can power your house!!".....if you can charge it during a power outage.
Always the most goodest
GAC06
AG
Presumably it would be charged already most of the time
Sea Speed
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Agreed. Wasn't trying to start some EV argument, I just like the truck and what is shown in the video.

I'd never spend the coin, but would love some of those features.
drumboy
AG
Goodest Poster said:

My favorite part of the sell...."It can power your house!!".....if you can charge it during a power outage.
This has a 170 kwh battery so I could power whole house, AC, laundry, dishwasher, everything, for 3 1/2 days in the summer.

And if the power isn't back on by the 3rd day I'd find a working level 3 charger to top the battery off and do it again. The Tesla SuperCharger near me in Houston was working 2 days after Beryl, not sure about the day after.

Sounds easier than dropping $20K on a Generac. I wish my Tesla supported V2G.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I definitely wish the coolest features weren't reserved for the EV models. Perhaps there's a reason the midgate isn't feasible in the ICE version but I don't know what it would be.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Goodest Poster said:

Surely you're not this dense...
Goodest Poster
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Goodest Poster said:

And surely you can predict weather enough to make sure you are always charged. Look, ive done the EV thing. Tesla lost 12% battery PER DAY, sitting in driveway during hot summer. Im not anti EV at all, but the bullcrap they try to sell is hysterical. They are grown up hobby carts at this point and nothing more. But dont worry, your Savior Kamala is coming and will electrify us all.
Always the most goodest
drumboy
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Goodest Poster said:

I had several people make comments like that after the derecho and Beryl. I charge to 80 every night so I had less issues that folks that didn't fill their gas tank up before the storms.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

My comment wasn't meant as a negative critique of the truck. It's cool. But we are all going to pay for these expensive complex vehicles through our insurance rates. That and all of the illegals driving around uninsured.

I have five vehicles. The classics are insured with Hagerty. Insurance is eventually going to force me to cull the herd. It sucks.
RogerFurlong
EMY92 said:

I don't want a mid-gate. If I'm carrying something long, I don't want it sitting right behind my seat. I'd rather not be impaled by a 2x4 or 4x4 when someone without insurance rear ends me.
A kayak rack is the solution for this. I carry 12' material all the time with one.
GAC06
AG
Goodest Poster said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Goodest Poster said:

And surely you can predict weather enough to make sure you are always charged. Look, ive done the EV thing. Tesla lost 12% battery PER DAY, sitting in driveway during hot summer. Im not anti EV at all, but the bullcrap they try to sell is hysterical. They are grown up hobby carts at this point and nothing more. But dont worry, your Savior Kamala is coming and will electrify us all.

Weird, my Tesla has lost 1% over the last three days sitting unplugged. If it was at my home, I'd plug it in and it would lose nothing. And the thing about weather is that you actually can predict it. The more you knowโ€ฆ
drumboy
AG
GAC06 said:

Goodest Poster said:

GarlandAg2012 said:

Goodest Poster said:

Weird, my Tesla has lost 1% over the last three days sitting unplugged. If it was at my home, I'd plug it in and it would lose nothing. And the thing about weather is that you actually can predict it. The more you knowโ€ฆ
This must have been directly in the TX summer sun with cabin protection set to kick in at 90 degrees. I was gone for two weeks in June not plugged in and it maybe lost 4% in the garage w/ cabin protection set to 95. I have a roof cover & windshield shade so it stays a little cooler in the sun.

And the assumption that Tesla drivers are liberals is just weird; Elon Musk is a huge trump guys.
GAC06
AG
Didn't even catch the bit about Kamala. Such a tired coping mechanism.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Methinks you doth protest too much.

Point is, it's a handy feature that is unlikely to leave you worse off than if it didn't have that. And despite having a 300+ hp engine that could be used to generate electricity the vast majority of ICE trucks cant do this. I think it's a major pro on the PowerBoost F150 too, even if the storm hits when you only have half a tank.
evan_aggie
AG
Mas89 said:

As usual, some book-smart common sense-stupid person thinks they can tell their customers what they want. Instead, maybe take a moment to double check who is going to buy that.
Sea Speed
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Methinks you doth protest too much.

Point is, it's a handy feature that is unlikely to leave you worse off than if it didn't have that. And despite having a 300+ hp engine that could be used to generate electricity the vast majority of ICE trucks cant do this. I think it's a major pro on the PowerBoost F150 too, even if the storm hits when you only have half a tank.

Agreed. When I buy a new truck in 100 years i will 100% get this feature.
agracer
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

That mid gate thing is gonna leak like crazy.
Why would the mid-gate be any different than a separate window/door hatch on an SUV?

Still think the Ram Charger is the way to go for "electric". Small diesel that will do the work needed to drive long distance and charge the batteries or just electric power when you have the charge to get around town.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.