Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

**** 2024 Fat Loss & Health Goals ****

47,164 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by bagger05
TXTransplant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been on a cruise since Thursday night. Got two workouts in - one decent and one pretty good (I consider pretty good to be 300+ on my Apple Watch), considering the limited equipment in the gym.

Haven't made terrible food choices, just have eaten too much (especially yesterday).

I'm trying to not kick myself too hard, though - want to feel good about yourself and your weight loss/fitness accomplishments? Just go on a cruise.
bagger05
AG
Quote:

I'm trying to not kick myself too hard, though - want to feel good about yourself and your weight loss/fitness accomplishments? Just go on a cruise.
Agzonfire
Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Current: 263
June goal: 250
2024 goal: 240

Update. 258 this morning. If I hit goals early, I'm good with that. I didn't want to put out some crazy number that would seem unattainable at the time. Or maybe I go under the goal weights and then slowly gain to where I still hit the numbers. I don't know, I just want this to be something that lasts and not a 1-2 month sprint.

256. 2lbs a month isn't impressive but I'll take it! Going on night walks after the baby goes to bed has been nice. Helps me relax and wind down. I'm excited for when we time change and we can go on walks after dinner again.

251.3 this morning. Kind of shocked as it's been a sluggish month, with spring break thrown in there also. Night walks have become pretty regular and not snacking at night are the only things I can think of for the progress. I've gotten several compliments from friends and coworkers which has been awesome. Hope everyone has a great week!
bagger05
AG
Got a big spike off of my trailing 7 days so my 7 day average is at a new low. Still haven't had a new low weight since 3/8. But I really do feel like this week I'll start trending back down again.

Had a really nice one-mile benchmark run at Orange Theory this morning. Got it in 6:44 so beat my "stretch goal" of 6:45 by one second.

Not sure why but feels like this week is going to be a good week after things being kinda flat for a while.
texag06ish
AG
225 this morning. I am still making solid progress every week.

I was a little more relaxed over spring break. I grazed on foods (without tracking) and even had a few drinks (I did track these). I went over my total calories 2x last week. On the other hand, I still managed to lift 6 times and run/walk 3x.

Time to refocus and continue my push to 15-18% body fat.
wcb
AG
Lowest weight in over a year this morning. Still a looooong ways to go...
bagger05
AG
Progress way to go and keep it up.
bagger05
AG
New low today. Gonna be a good week. I can feel it.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Dropped below 230 today with 28 pounds lost. I was feeling kind of sluggish and bummed after having not been to the gym in almost a week. I went out of town for four days and did not have access to a gym, so I chopped wood, cleared and dragged brush, and hauled out deadfall for my workout. Gotta get it in where I can, and I averaged more steps per day doing that than I do at home with gym time.
bagger05
AG
It's a great feeling to see the tens digit drop.

Congrats on the progress so far. Let's keep that momentum rolling!
CFTXAG10
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Dropped below 230 today with 28 pounds lost. I was feeling kind of sluggish and bummed after having not been to the gym in almost a week. I went out of town for four days and did not have access to a gym, so I chopped wood, cleared and dragged brush, and hauled out deadfall for my workout. Gotta get it in where I can, and I averaged more steps per day doing that than I do at home with gym time.
I love unconventional workouts. My cardio over the weekend was pulling weeds, spreading almost 50 bags of mulch, and doing some other spring cleaning in the yard. Beats you up a little better than your typical cardio equipment.
Waltrip88
AG
Started working out and dieting in January. Doing three days of weights and three days of cardio. Focusing on reducing calories and hitting a protein goal everyday.

Starting weight: 245.3
Current weight: 211.6

Goal for June 1 is 200 with the goal of 180 by the end of the year.

I have lost weight in the past, but did it with just exercise and not really changing my bad habits. This go round I've been focusing on food choices and counting calories.

I get Noom free with work so I do the lessons on there, but I track everything in MacroFactor. Thinking about changing over to MyFitnessPal for my tracking.
bagger05
AG
Damn - that's awesome progress. Sounds like you are very on track to smoke those goals.

Keep doing what you're doing. Seems to be working VERY well.
BassCowboy33
Waltrip88 said:

Started working out and dieting in January. Doing three days of weights and three days of cardio. Focusing on reducing calories and hitting a protein goal everyday.

Starting weight: 245.3
Current weight: 211.6

Goal for June 1 is 200 with the goal of 180 by the end of the year.

I have lost weight in the past, but did it with just exercise and not really changing my bad habits. This go round I've been focusing on food choices and counting calories.

I get Noom free with work so I do the lessons on there, but I track everything in MacroFactor. Thinking about changing over to MyFitnessPal for my tracking.
Awesome, man. We've said it here before, but I don't think most people who begin a weight loss journey truly understand how important diet is to the whole thing. I'm actually hesitant to call it "diet", because it mostly implies that it ends at some point. It's really a lifestyle change. The key is doing it in a way that is sustainable for years and decades.

The diet sheds the pounds. Working out mostly keeps you from looking like you're on Ozempic at the other end.
Bigfootisreal
texag06ish
AG
Is it bad that someone asked if I was on Ozempic and it genuinely pissed me off? LOL.
STL_aTm
AG
texag06ish said:

Is it bad that someone asked if I was on Ozempic and it genuinely pissed me off? LOL.

Not at all… I get it all the time and it's a trigger for me haha
bagger05
AG
It's a compliment. Like when people say "oh you've got good genetics" or ask if you're on gear because your muscles are getting big.
Ryan the Temp
AG
STL_aTm said:

texag06ish said:

Not at all… I get it all the time and it's a trigger for me haha
People have every right to be pissed off about comments like that, and I can definitely sympathize with it being a trigger. The last time I lost a lot of weight some Bs at the office started a rumor that I could only have lost so much weight from being on illegal drugs and a week later I got popped for my first ever random drug test in 16 years of working there.

Why can't people simply recognize or believe that we can do this through hard work and perseverance?
BassCowboy33
texag06ish said:

Depends. Did they ask because you'd lost weight or because you looked like a gulag survivor?
jograki
AG
jograki said:

Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 160

Goals:
1. 3 strict pull-ups by May
2. Deadlift 1.25x body weight

200# deadlift today!!!! Amending goal to 1.5x bw.

I just finished two months with Airrosti for my shoulder so will really start working on those pull-ups.
bagger05
AG
Knew it was gonna be a good week. Hopefully the momentum will continue.
BassCowboy33
jograki said:

jograki said:

Goals:

I just finished two months with Airrosti for my shoulder so will really start working on those pull-ups.

I stopped at 21 pull-ups this morning. Felt like I could push it even further. It's the most I've been able to do since the USMMA. Might try a max once I get back from vacation in another week.

For reference, at this time last year, I was sitting at about 10. I attribute most of the increase to my weight loss. A lot easier when you have 25 fewer pounds to lug up.

How do you train for them?
jograki
AG
Wow that's a nice improvement! I am following an 8 week pull up program for women. It's a mix of core work, upper body strength, and various modified versions of pull ups such as bench assisted, negatives, jumping, etc. At the gym I tend to do jumping ones during the WODs.

After the recent shoulder care, I might need to push my goal date to later in the summer but I think I can get them this year!
texag06ish
AG
I prefer to think of it as meth head sheek.
BassCowboy33
jograki said:

Wow that's a nice improvement! I am following an 8 week pull up program for women. It's a mix of core work, upper body strength, and various modified versions of pull ups such as bench assisted, negatives, jumping, etc. At the gym I tend to do jumping ones during the WODs.

After the recent shoulder care, I might need to push my goal date to later in the summer but I think I can get them this year!

Nice.
TXTransplant
jograki said:

jograki said:

Goals:

200# dead lift is awesome! Since I prefer hip thrusts, I don't work on DLs as much as I prob should. I've been working on RDLs but I'm only up to 95#. I think I'm going to need some wrist straps and/or work on my grip strength because that's my weak point.

Pull-ups don't seem to get any easier. I'm at 6, but I wouldn't call that last one good. Some days it's only 5. I almost always do them at the end of my workout, though, which probably isn't helping.
jograki
AG
You increased your pullups by 1, that's very cool!

For deadlift, do you use a 45lb bar or the women's 35lb bar? It's a smaller diameter so I think that also makes a difference.

I bet once you build up your grip for dl then your pullups will also increase.
TXTransplant
Funny you said that…the gym I most often go to only has 45 lb bars, so that's what I use. But my trainer and I have been talking about asking the director to buy a 35 lb "girl" bar for us to use. I think that will help.
Waltrip88
AG
Broke 210 this morning.

bagger05
AG
Hell yeah!!!

Congrats on the progress!
BassCowboy33
BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

12/15/23
Ht: 5'05"
Wt: 174
nFFMI: 25.02
BF%: ~17%

I weighed 174 in mid December when I started my goal to be down to about 160 by mid-March. I have floated between 170-180 since about 2014. I'm built like a tank with a mesomorph body, so BMI and Navy standards always have a problem with me (Was always sent to the "fat" line for weigh-ins).

My progress has been stunning, and I'm crashing through what I thought possible.

1/22/24
Wt: 163
nFFMI: 24.04
BF%: ~15%

80% of this is clean eating. I started ordering daily meals from Factor, which usually are chicken/pork and a vegetable, ranging from 400-900 Calories. For snacks, it's either a fruit (cherries/peaches/apple sauce), a slice of prosciutto, or a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter. The goal is to hit between 1600-2200 Calories six days per week. I do take creatine, using the HCl dosage. It's what we used to take playing football in college, and I got away from it after an emergency surgery in 2014 when my appendix staged a coup. Dinner is usually about 4 oz of steak or a few scrambled eggs with Tabasco, coupled with the aforementioned snacks.

I have a cheat meal each week, where I eat whatever I want, but I usually plan that. For example, Sunday was a Large Wing Combo from Wingstop with +5 wings on the side. A week ago, it was 2 Chipotle burritos plus chips and guac. I've found this keeps me on track and keeps cravings away.

The workouts have become essential as well. It's divided into three parts upper/lower/run, one per day with a rest day. I do each twice per week. I am also a walking fiend. I aim to hit 10,000 steps/day but routinely crush through 15,000/day. I was a walking dude before any of this weight loss started, so I'm on about a 70-day streak of breaking 10,000 steps. I've also lowered my mile time by about 1:15/mile, which is huge for a slow a guy like me. Resting heart rate has dropped from about 65bpm to 57 bpm.

Last week at the office, I had multiple people ask me if I'd lost weight and told me I looked younger. Midsection definition has returned, but abs are not fully formed yet. Upper chest definition has returned as well. Now, that I'm smashing through the original goal, I'm aiming for 150. I ran a marathon in 2012 at about 145.

01/31/24
Wt: 160.4 lbs

02/05/24
Wt: 158.8 lbs

Had a couple of superfluous days. I smashed a large popcorn and Coke Zero at the movies the other day and did a story at a sports bar, where I downed some delicious wings. Still dropped for the week, so we're good.
2/11/24
Wt: 155.8 lbs

Checking in a day early, because Super Bowl Cheat Day. Had to order a new belt this week.
2/18/24
Wt: 155.0 lbs
2/25/24
Wt: 155.0 lbs
7Wt: 155.5 lbs
HWt: 157.4 lbs
LWt: 154.3 lbs
ChW: -1.3 lbs

Per our conversations, I'm going to start including my high, low, and seven-day average weights in this to give a more realistic look.
3/03/24
Wt: 153.0 lbs
7Wt: 153.7 lbs
HWt: 155.1 lbs
LWt: 152.1 lbs
ChW: -1.8 lbs

I won't have an official weigh in next week, since I'll be on vacation. So, the next major weigh-in will be 3/17.
3/17/24
Wt: 153.3 lbs
7Wt: 156.2 lbs
HWt: 160.7 lbs
LWt: 153.3 lbs
ChW: +2.1 lbs

A bit of a misnomer, as the water weight coming off my vacation started me off at up over 160 lbs. Took me the whole week to return to normal weight levels. Next week should be a solid drop.
3/24/24
Wt: 154.4 lbs
7Wt: 152.5 lbs
HWt: 154.4 lbs
LWt: 150.2 lbs
ChW: -3.7 lbs

Back on the lam. Nearly dropped below my goal of 150 lbs on Saturday. Celebrated my birthday on Saturday with Whataburger and Benihana, which threw me back up over 154 this morning. I go on vacation starting Tuesday, so my next report won't be until the second week of April.

I'm pretty convinced that I'll now aim for 145 lbs or June 1 as a final weight goal. The plan is then to keep a 145-150 maintenance throughout the summer, which will require a fairly significant caloric increase (from ~1,800 to ~2,700 per day). I'm thinking about ordering from Good Chop (but open to other suggestions). Once mid-October rolls around, I'll hit a bulk phase through winter and see what I can accomplish in gains.
High Functioning Moron
Still haven't made any progress or meaningful changes. I blew out the seam of my pants this morning getting into my truck. Hopefully this will be the kick in the pants that I need to start taking this seriously.
bagger05
AG
Never too late.
texag06ish
AG
222 this AM.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.