Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

**** 2024 Fat Loss & Health Goals ****

47,139 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by bagger05
Ryan the Temp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just about to kiss the 30 pound mark. I'm uncharacteristically proud of myself for doing this, and it's interesting how much my outward confidence has increased.

The great thing about tracking all my calories is I treated myself to chicken fingers and an apple fritter for dinner tonight and I was still under 2100 calories for the day ... and then I burned all that dinner off on the elliptical.
BassCowboy33
Ryan the Temp said:

Just about to kiss the 30 pound mark. I'm uncharacteristically proud of myself for doing this, and it's interesting how much my outward confidence has increased.

The great thing about tracking all my calories is I treated myself to chicken fingers and an apple fritter for dinner tonight and I was still under 2100 calories for the day ... and then I burned all that dinner off on the elliptical.
I've actually found that now that I've gotten into a healthy eating mode over the past few months, it's difficult to break through that calorie barrier. When I hit maintenance here in the next month or two, upping the calorie intake.
Agzonfire
Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Current: 263
June goal: 250
2024 goal: 240

Update. 258 this morning. If I hit goals early, I'm good with that. I didn't want to put out some crazy number that would seem unattainable at the time. Or maybe I go under the goal weights and then slowly gain to where I still hit the numbers. I don't know, I just want this to be something that lasts and not a 1-2 month sprint.

256. 2lbs a month isn't impressive but I'll take it! Going on night walks after the baby goes to bed has been nice. Helps me relax and wind down. I'm excited for when we time change and we can go on walks after dinner again.

251.3 this morning. Kind of shocked as it's been a sluggish month, with spring break thrown in there also. Night walks have become pretty regular and not snacking at night are the only things I can think of for the progress. I've gotten several compliments from friends and coworkers which has been awesome. Hope everyone has a great week!

Still at 251, mostly posting this for my own accountability. Just booked a Vegas trip in August, so I'm changing my goals a little.
I really think that if I keep my current pace and be a little strict on my diet I can get to 239 by 8/15/24. So, 4.5 months, 12 lbs. My only concern is how busy the summer months are, with vacations planned pretty much every other weekend. But that's just an easy excuse that old me wod use!
Anyways, I hope everyone is giving it their best I know it's not easy (or everyone would do it)
bagger05
AG
Down 25.2 lbs
Ryan the Temp
AG
Ugh ... I'm in the zone where one size of pants is too big and the next size down is too small.
BassCowboy33
Ryan the Temp said:

Ugh ... I'm in the zone where one size of pants is too big and the next size down is too small.

I'm on my last belt. Not belt loop. Last belt.
TXTransplant
Just did 7 pull-ups, and they were all good. A bit surprised because I couldn't quite do 6 the other day. Also increased my RDL to 100 lbs.

Scale is another issue…
JustPanda
AG
Down to 145 from 157. BF% down to 8.9%
bagger05
AG
JustPanda said:

Down to 145 from 157. BF% down to 8.9%
Wow. That's lean af.

Dropping 12 lbs when you're down at that range is IMPRESSIVE. Congrats on all the discipline that must have taken to get there.
JustPanda
AG
Added an hour of yoga and an hour of strength training/balance/core stabilization to my routine along w cutting out processed foods, refined sugars, and eating vegetarian. It's been a steady transformation. Excited to see where I am in 5/6 months.
JustPanda
AG
I always suggest to clients that when eating out

A) Check the menu before hand to see what resonates within your diet.
B) Have them box 1/2 the meal before brining it out
C) stick to appetizers that are high protein or vegetable based.
Ryan the Temp
AG
JustPanda said:

B) Have them box 1/2 the meal before brining it out
This is something Noom explicitly tells us to do.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Had Easter gigs today and really wanted to just wear a black suit instead of my tux with a black shirt. To my surprise, I fit into my regular black suit that I haven't been able to wear since an Easter gig two years ago. It made me really happy to be at my lowest weight in such a long period of time.

bagger05
AG
Ryan the Temp said:

Had Easter gigs today and really wanted to just wear a black suit instead of my tux with a black shirt. To my surprise, I fit into my regular black suit that I haven't been able to wear since an Easter gig two years ago. It made me really happy to be at my lowest weight in such a long period of time.

That's such a great feeling. This is your "fitting into stuff that has been on the sidelines for a while" phase.

Next up is "I have to go buy new stuff because even my old stuff is too big" phase. AKA "fun shopping."
Ryan the Temp
AG
If I can get to where I'd really like to be (~20 lb below my official goal), I will have to buy new stuff. Until then, I have boxes of stuff I'll be able to pull out of mothballs.
texag06ish
AG
March Overview:
Current Weight - 219.8
Total Weight Lost in March - 10.6lbs
Total Workout Minutes: 49 hours, 33 minutes
Total Workout Calories Burned working out: 20399
Total Calories Consumed: 71804

I crossed a total of 100lbs lost in March!

Hoping to get to 200 by mid June. Time to start planning for the next phase in this journey!
Waltrip88
AG
Starting January 1: 245.3
Current: 208.8

I was as low as 206.6 this week, but holiday meals got me.

I've been sticking with 4 five mile runs, but decided to add a long run of at least 10 miles this week. I also bought some new pants and shirts to wear at this midpoint until I get down to 180.
bagger05
AG
Big spike this morning. Maybe the stars are aligned in a strange way. Maybe it's a cyclical thing with my body. Maybe it was the entire bag of jelly beans I ate yesterday. I don't know. I'm not a doctor.
Matsui
AG
Great work !
JustPanda
AG
March Totals:

Starting Weight: 148.7
Final Weight: 144.6

Total Weight Loss: 4.1 lbs

Average Daily Exercise: 124 minutes
Total Exercise: 64 hours and 4 minutes.
infinity ag
1 Jan: 176 lbs
1 Feb: 171.9 lbs
1 Mar: 170.8 lbs
1 Apr: 168.9 lbs

I am watching my diet AND going to the gym at least 3 times a week. Maybe even 4. So my muscle mass is going up which contributes to increasing weight but percentage body fat is dropping even faster.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I am officially a size 36. It's a great feeling to start rotating the 38s out of the closet and the 36s into the closet. I can also now wear about 1/3 of my size large polos.

Super motivating. I appreciate y'all's help giving me a place to be accountable.
bagger05
AG
Your progress is inspiring my man. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
infinity ag
Ryan the Temp said:

I am officially a size 36. It's a great feeling to start rotating the 38s out of the closet and the 36s into the closet. I can also now wear about 1/3 of my size large polos.

Super motivating. I appreciate y'all's help giving me a place to be accountable.

I used to wear size 36 and my goal was 34. Now 36 is loose but I am still not able to comfortably be in size 34. That is what I want to get to in a few months. Then I donate all my 36s!

Well done!
Ryan the Temp
AG
Being between sizes sucks sooooo bad.
infinity ag
Ryan the Temp said:

ha yeah! But I am getting there. Every now and then I cheat with a nice meal (no coke or ice cream though). If I can manage 1 pound/week, I am good. I don't want to do any crash weight loss.

My weight is about 167lbs and I don't know what my target is to get to 34 inches waist. There isn't any calc to find out.
Pahdz
Ryan the Temp said:

Try having athletic legs and having to buy a waist size or two larger just to get the pants over your quads/glutes
Ryan the Temp
AG
Pahdz said:

Ryan the Temp said:

Try having athletic legs and having to buy a waist size or two larger just to get the pants over your quads/glutes
I had to do that with my Air Force uniforms because even when I was at 165 I had a phat ass.
Ryan the Temp
AG
infinity ag said:

Ryan the Temp said:

ha yeah! But I am getting there. Every now and then I cheat with a nice meal (no coke or ice cream though). If I can manage 1 pound/week, I am good. I don't want to do any crash weight loss.

My weight is about 167lbs and I don't know what my target is to get to 34 inches waist. There isn't any calc to find out.
I've found it's all in the body shape when getting to that point. I was able to comfortably wear 34s when I got down below 195. I'm in 36s at 226.
BassCowboy33
Pahdz said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I've always had issues with this. I have a 31" waist and a 39" seat. Makes pants an adventure. It's gotta be straight fit or boot cut for jeans. With the stretchiness of jeans getting more popular for men, I've been able to get some slimmer versions from brands like True Classic (which makes the best T-shirt money can buy, btw).
aggiegolfer03
AG
Pahdz said:

Ryan the Temp said:

I've always had this issue with jeans even when I was 275 lbs. I'm 215 now (I'm 5'10"), and Duluth Ballroom jeans are the only ones I've found that actually fit how I'm built (lean O lineman build now)

It's crazy how even among the same size in the same style, there's a little variation in size.
jograki
AG
Pahdz said:

Ryan the Temp said:

So relatable. I was glad when stretchy "jeggings" surfaced for women several years ago. I haven't worn regular jeans since.

Also have a hard time with ladies boots, they tend to mostly fit tiny calves.
texag06ish
AG
I keep buying clothes only to have them be too big a few weeks/months later.

I've started buying cheap stuff until I get to my target body fat %. My target is 15-18% and I figure that's low enough that clothes should fit even after I build more lean muscle mass. I highly doubt I'll ever, ever get to much below 15%.
infinity ag
texag06ish said:

I keep buying clothes only to have them be too big a few weeks/months later.

I've started buying cheap stuff until I get to my target body fat %. I figure that at 15-18% my target is set low enough that stuff should fit even after I build more lean muscle mass. I highly doubt I'll ever, ever get to much below 15%.

How do you get to 15%? That is amazing. Are you an athlete?
JustPanda
AG
I've honestly found the largest contribution to weight loss to be a healthy diet and low stress environment. It doesn't matter if you eat right and do cardio all day if your cortisol levels are fd.

And, once your body understands it's safe to let go of the bad fats and it's ready to lose weight, you'll see it start to melt off. A lot of the issue is getting your body and mind into a position where your body understands its ok to let go.

Just cutting out one soda a day is almost 31 lbs of less refined sugars after a year. Little tweaks like that inside a diet can pay huge dividends.

Nutrient dense vs calorie dense foods make a huge difference too. Just a cup or two of dark greens a day to increase fiber intake if you aren't a heavy fiber eater will also really help pump up the fat loss and detox.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.