Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

**** 2024 Fat Loss & Health Goals ****

47,100 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by bagger05
texag06ish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My weight stayed flat for the first time in 41 weeks.

I'm pissed. I reviewed the data and I have no one to blame but myself. It's ****ing go time this week.

200 is still attainable by 06/03/24 goal date.
bagger05
AG
LFG!!!!!
Agzonfire
Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Current: 263
June goal: 250
2024 goal: 240

Update. 258 this morning. If I hit goals early, I'm good with that. I didn't want to put out some crazy number that would seem unattainable at the time. Or maybe I go under the goal weights and then slowly gain to where I still hit the numbers. I don't know, I just want this to be something that lasts and not a 1-2 month sprint.

256. 2lbs a month isn't impressive but I'll take it! Going on night walks after the baby goes to bed has been nice. Helps me relax and wind down. I'm excited for when we time change and we can go on walks after dinner again.

251.3 this morning. Kind of shocked as it's been a sluggish month, with spring break thrown in there also. Night walks have become pretty regular and not snacking at night are the only things I can think of for the progress. I've gotten several compliments from friends and coworkers which has been awesome. Hope everyone has a great week!

Still at 251, mostly posting this for my own accountability. Just booked a Vegas trip in August, so I'm changing my goals a little.
I really think that if I keep my current pace and be a little strict on my diet I can get to 239 by 8/15/24. So, 4.5 months, 12 lbs. My only concern is how busy the summer months are, with vacations planned pretty much every other weekend. But that's just an easy excuse that old me wod use!
Anyways, I hope everyone is giving it their best I know it's not easy (or everyone would do it)

245 this morning. Feeling good but have definitely slowed down as it's gotten hotter outside. Seeing people go from. 245 to 200 in 5-6 months gives me a lot of confidence that I can reach and beat my goals. Great job everyone, keep it up.
bagger05
AG
Tweaked the workout program and back at it hard today.
proudaggie02
AG
I've lost 30+ since the end of December, with low carb/carb cycling (~1600 cals/180 protein/50 carbs on M-T-TH-F, 2 days/week around 2000 cals/180 p/120 c, and mini cheat Saturdays around 2800/225 carbs), a lot of cardio (mostly HIIT, some VO2 max, and a little Zone 2), and lifting about 3x week. I'm 236 and probably 17-18% based on progress since my dexa scan 5 weeks ago.

I'm starting to change away from a mentality of lose weight rapidly and lift enough to keep muscle, to more of a flexible eating, lift more, body recomp, and maybe lose 10 more pounds over the next 3 months. I have a little fear of easing up, but I look forward to enjoying food more while still eating healthy most of the time. I think the lowest I'd want to get is 220 and 14-15%. I'm planning to reduce from 4 low carb days weekly to 2 weekly, and to weigh every week and be prepared to cut weight/tighten diet if I ever start sniffing 240.
bagger05
AG
Love this plan and mindset.
texag06ish
AG
Hit 200 yesterday!
texag06ish
AG
Down 19.6lbs since my last body scan. I lost .2lbs of muscle mass and 17.9lbs of body fat. I'm now below 20% body fat and creeping closer toward my goal of 14% before I add calories and try to bulk up.
texag06ish
AG
Where's everyone at?? Been quiet lately!

Keep grinding!
texag06ish
AG
Posted a 5K PR this AM. 31:06! Keep pushing.
MouthBQ98
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

1. Visible abs by Memorial Day
2. Complete knee recovery 100%
3. Lower blood pressure under 130 reliably if possible, with diet
4. Complete Houston Hyrox race in a respectable time

Not quite there on the abs but close. I am down to 156. Knee is doing well. The Hyrox time wasn't great at 2:01 but the venue was stuffy and hot by the time I ran it and the had to fight through some leg cramps.
aggiegolfer03
AG
Well, I'm 212 again this morning, so completely maintained my weight from first of the year with a clear recomp of some of it.

Finding my body definitely fights me to stay lean more in my 40's than it did in my 20's, but otherwise, I'm actually proud of how little falloff there is athletically in everything but my ability to jump...yeah, what little I had is gone...lol.
texag06ish
AG
I spent most of June hovering between 200 and 198. Frustrating but I'm not too concerned.

I'm going to up my calories on July 17th for 18 weeks and see if can put on some muscle mass. After that, I'll go back to cutting and trying to burn fat.
TXTransplant
Scale is stuck. Hasn't budged in weeks. I did a Inbody scan today, and it says I've gained a couple of lbs of muscle and am down to 14% body fat. I do not believe that body fat %, but I'm gonna stay the course and scan again in a few weeks. I do believe I've increased my muscle mass, but maybe not as much as the scan says.

Did 8 pull-ups the other day, but I typically get 6-7. Haven't quite gotten over that hump.

Consistently hip thrusting 2x per week. Had a PR of 405 lbs. Can do 2 sets of 20 reps at 295 and 315, and have new PRs of 15 reps at 345, 10 at 365, and 8 at 385.

Worked a little on my bench press (which is just sad). I think I did 12 lbs on each side the other day. Not sure if the bar was 35 or 45 lbs.

Deadlifts have stalled at 115 lbs. Still waiting on the smaller diameter bar to see if I can increase weight.
texag06ish
AG
On family vacation - so far I've hit the weights 4/5 days, I skipped a leg day because we walked 13.5 miles the day before. I did still wake up and run my normal 5k leg day.

Keep pushing.
texag06ish
AG
One of my big goals this year was to hit a sub 30 min 5k. I can check that box now.
texag06ish
AG
25:20 by a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot is the new goal.
bagger05
AG
Oh you've got that for sure
fav13andac1)c
AG
I'm back up to 210 from 187 a couple years ago. I was once at 230, but standards are different now. Entering into slim down season ahead of football/fall beers/hearty stews.

Using MyFitnessPal to keep a calorie deficit and protein heavy macros. Also using the elliptical twice a week to start.
texag06ish
AG
You got this.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Thank you for the encouragement!
MouthBQ98
AG
Still chipping away but my past of being obese has made the ab challenge extra tough. I'm at about 156-157 pretty consistently but it's tough to balance a cut with the energy level needed to maintain my 6 days a week workout schedule.
texag06ish
AG
What does your carb intake look like immediately before and after working out?

I typically eat about 80% of my daily carbs immediately before and after working out. This helps provide energy for the workout and helps keep me from being sore afterwards.
MouthBQ98
AG
I don't monitor it that close. I'm more of a net in, net out type but I want a little bit of carbs and fat in the system. I do MWF workouts in the afternoon and have some lunch in my system and that meal is about 50% carbs.

TTS I work out in the morning, 6am or sometimes 9-10am Saturday. My breakfast every day is a clif bar and a Starbucks double shot energy coffee. Every day for probably 8 years except Sunday's or rare exceptions. I usually drink half the coffee and eat half the bar about 1/2 hour before workout and the rest afterwards. I also have a scoop of pre workout in a few Oz of water about 15 mins before.

So, a little bit of fuel but not all that much. A cliff bar is about 404/40/20 fat carbs protein. The energy coffee has quite a bit of vitamin B complex and potassium and protein added.

You get used to whatever your diet and workout pattern is, but it helps a bit to tweak it to optimize.
texag06ish
AG
10 months ago I wouldn't have believed someone if they told me that a handful of dried cranberries or pineapples before and after would make a real difference in my workout energy but it's really true. I eat 25-35g of straight carbs 30 minutes before and immediately after working out. Always.

Give it a try. Maybe it'll help you out!
hbc07
AG
Meant to post as a mid-year check in, but it' still close enough. I think the first half of 2024 has been about the best it could be after how last year took a big steaming **** on things.

Last year while in recovery/rehab mode from my accident and everything that ensued, I worked with a dietician and realized I was substantially undereating. Not as a conscious decision, but just because I wouldn't get hungry I wouldn't think about eating and would end up skipping breakfast and/or lunch. Got super anal about tracking calories during that period to make sure I was getting what I needed. Fast forward to this year. Started out the year dropping from 163 to 157 and had started slacking off on breakfast/lunch/snacks again. I realized that I wasn't eating enough to sustain the workouts I was doing and recover sufficiently. Since then have been eating decent breakfasts (400-500cal), keeping up with lunches (~500cal), have a snack alarm set for 3pm (100-300cal, but this is my weak spot where I'm the most inconsistent) and then a post-dinner snack (usually ice cream...). Dinners have never been a problem other than getting away from my habit of getting fried chicken for dinner after late rides and moving towards easy dinners to make at 9pm like pasta with premade sauce. Since I haven't been tracking it is hard to say, but I think its safe to guess a regular day for me is probably 2500-3000 calories right now. That doesn't include that I usually take in a minimum of 225cal (60g of fructose/maltodextrin) per hour on rides that are 2+ hours as well to have adequate fueling

I've settled in to 160-162 without much effort (burning 5000-12500 calories a week helps), though this last week has oddly had me between 163-167. Biggest issue I'm currently encountering is I don't think I'm getting enough protein to assist with recovery from hard efforts. Might need to start tracking foods again to assist.

Spent the first three months of the year on a planned out training cycle solely on the indoor trainer focusing on building strength and basically starting over again from scratch. Started branching outdoors in April, but am still getting 2-3 z2 rides a week ranging from 90min to 4h30m with a focus on endurance over strength at the moment. So far for the year 4249.5 miles ridden over 242.6 hours on 141 activities ranging from 8 mile recovery rides to 110 mile journeys.
Jan: 474mi.
Feb: 443mi.
Mar: 515mi.
Apr: 603mi.
May: 702mi.
June: 971mi.
July: 565mi (so far).

I think it's possible to end the year with 10000 miles, but my schedule's going to be a bit chaotic and I'll probably start pivoting indoors in October or November to start focusing on increasing FTP/MAP so I don't know if I'll have the time or focus to get there.

In the last month I've hit my top 2 30s power numbers along with my top 3 1min power numbers on random rides where I wasn't planning on doing anything of the sort. Still haven't touched 5, 10, 20, or 60 min power numbers since that usually requires a race and I bailed halfway through my only race this year.

Hopefully the back half of the year is as good as the front half.
Agzonfire
Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Current: 263
June goal: 250
2024 goal: 240

Update. 258 this morning. If I hit goals early, I'm good with that. I didn't want to put out some crazy number that would seem unattainable at the time. Or maybe I go under the goal weights and then slowly gain to where I still hit the numbers. I don't know, I just want this to be something that lasts and not a 1-2 month sprint.

256. 2lbs a month isn't impressive but I'll take it! Going on night walks after the baby goes to bed has been nice. Helps me relax and wind down. I'm excited for when we time change and we can go on walks after dinner again.

251.3 this morning. Kind of shocked as it's been a sluggish month, with spring break thrown in there also. Night walks have become pretty regular and not snacking at night are the only things I can think of for the progress. I've gotten several compliments from friends and coworkers which has been awesome. Hope everyone has a great week!

Still at 251, mostly posting this for my own accountability. Just booked a Vegas trip in August, so I'm changing my goals a little.
I really think that if I keep my current pace and be a little strict on my diet I can get to 239 by 8/15/24. So, 4.5 months, 12 lbs. My only concern is how busy the summer months are, with vacations planned pretty much every other weekend. But that's just an easy excuse that old me wod use!
Anyways, I hope everyone is giving it their best I know it's not easy (or everyone would do it)

245 this morning. Feeling good but have definitely slowed down as it's gotten hotter outside. Seeing people go from. 245 to 200 in 5-6 months gives me a lot of confidence that I can reach and beat my goals. Great job everyone, keep it up.

240.3 today. Definitely have been dealing with the heat poorly and have stopped walking in the evenings because of it. Really need to get that going again. Only thing helping me is eating better and not snacking at night as much. I've got a month to get to 239 so hopefully that will happen.
This thread has also died off quite a bit so hopefully we all get that beginning of year motivation back.
I did go clothes shopping last week because I needed a new belt and shorts which was a great feeling to do since I was going from 40 to 36s
bagger05
AG
Yeah man sticking with it is the tough part, right?

I'm still down 20 from the beginning of the year but am up from my low point.

Wife and I are on our way to Cali for a month. Eating garbage while on the road but looking forward to lots of walking and eating well while we are there. Gonna jump start the rest of the year.
texag06ish
AG
Today is a big day for me.

I've been maniacally focused on losing weight by managing my macros for 50 weeks and I've lost 130lbs.

Today I'm adding 300 calories to my daily goal and cutting out all cardio (except my 2x a week 5k because I have a goal to complete a Thanksgiving 5k in 25:20) to try and build muscle. I'm nervous about the changes but I have confidence in my data points and calculations.

I got a DEXA scan last Wednesday so I have solid numbers for my starting point:
Weight: 197.9
Lean Mass: 158.4
Total Body Fat: 31.7lbs
Body Fat %: 16%
Visceral Fat: 1.95

I'm going to work through at least 1 (maybe 2, depending on results) of my weightlifting cycles and reevaluate my macros. Ultimately my main goal is 20lb of body fat and weight between 185-195.

My next DEXA is in 6 weeks. Let's see how this goes.
fav13andac1)c
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

I'm back up to 210 from 187 a couple years ago. I was once at 230, but standards are different now. Entering into slim down season ahead of football/fall beers/hearty stews.

Using MyFitnessPal to keep a calorie deficit and protein heavy macros. Also using the elliptical twice a week to start.

Down 7 lbs since this post. Gonna keep this train rolling.
BassCowboy33
What's up, fools? After hitting my goal under the 150 lb frame in early May, I took 2.5 months to get back into old routines, bulk, live a little, and see what would happen.

I gained back most of the "weight" I lost during that time. For those new to the thread, I started the cut last fall at 175 lbs and got down to 149 lbs in May. As of this week, I got back up to 169 lbs. This surprised me a bit because the weight looks very different than before the first cut, and I'm guessing that has to do with my continued lifting and muscle gain during the past nine months. I still have the strength, definition, and slimmer face (big deal for me. I hate having marshmallow face). Most surprisingly, my waist has stayed at 30" (down from 34" before the original cut).

So, where's all that weight? I assume a chunk of it is water weight, since I'm eating and drinking more carbs. I also noticed that my ab definition depleted a good chunk, so that's probably where the fat weight was added on.

The look has been great. A few weeks back, a local politician told me, "If I looked like you, I'd run for governor." It was maybe the best compliment I've received in a long while.

My doctor has talked to me about "set-point theory", where the human body wants to be at a certain weight and will do what it takes metabolically to stay there. I'm guessing my set weight is about 170.

So, now, my question is, how low of a body fat can I make that 170? This means it's time for a series of cuts and bulks over the next 1-3 years to see what we can do. So, I started cut #2 on Sunday after a two-week vacation (nicknamed Operation Over the Hill). The goal is to do what I did before: 1,600-2,200 Calories/day over the next 8-12 weeks and see what happens, with the goal of being to hit below 150. It's a faster goal than the first time, but I think the weight will fall off faster this time around, especially since I have less fat to lose. I go by weekly weight aggregate, but the Day 1 weight was 169.2 lbs. Already down to 166.4 after four days. I expect that initial drop to be large and mostly water.

Glad to be back. I'll be providing the weekly updates as per usual.

So, the starting weight was 169.2 lbs.
True Anomaly
AG
Congrats- sounds like you've figured out how to consistently build muscle

With set points, I think they can ultimately be changed- it just takes a lot of time and effort. Or a complete change in lifestyle. sometimes both
texag06ish
AG
Good stuff! I suspect this what I'll wind up doing for the foreseeable future as well.
chansonjr
AG
Height: 5'11"
Starting Weight: 276 in March
Goal: just to lose weight and get healthier.
I am down to 233 as of today. Can't wait to get in the 220s as the last time I saw that was around 2009.
BassCowboy33
BassCowboy33 said:

What's up, fools? After hitting my goal under the 150 lb frame in early May, I took 2.5 months to get back into old routines, bulk, live a little, and see what would happen.

I gained back most of the "weight" I lost during that time. For those new to the thread, I started the cut last fall at 175 lbs and got down to 149 lbs in May. As of this week, I got back up to 169 lbs. This surprised me a bit because the weight looks very different than before the first cut, and I'm guessing that has to do with my continued lifting and muscle gain during the past nine months. I still have the strength, definition, and slimmer face (big deal for me. I hate having marshmallow face). Most surprisingly, my waist has stayed at 30" (down from 34" before the original cut).

So, where's all that weight? I assume a chunk of it is water weight, since I'm eating and drinking more carbs. I also noticed that my ab definition depleted a good chunk, so that's probably where the fat weight was added on.

The look has been great. A few weeks back, a local politician told me, "If I looked like you, I'd run for governor." It was maybe the best compliment I've received in a long while.

My doctor has talked to me about "set-point theory", where the human body wants to be at a certain weight and will do what it takes metabolically to stay there. I'm guessing my set weight is about 170.

So, now, my question is, how low of a body fat can I make that 170? This means it's time for a series of cuts and bulks over the next 1-3 years to see what we can do. So, I started cut #2 on Sunday after a two-week vacation (nicknamed Operation Over the Hill). The goal is to do what I did before: 1,600-2,200 Calories/day over the next 8-12 weeks and see what happens, with the goal of being to hit below 150. It's a faster goal than the first time, but I think the weight will fall off faster this time around, especially since I have less fat to lose. I go by weekly weight aggregate, but the Day 1 weight was 169.2 lbs. Already down to 166.4 after four days. I expect that initial drop to be large and mostly water.

Glad to be back. I'll be providing the weekly updates as per usual.

So, the starting weight was 169.2 lbs.
8/04/24
7Wt: 167.5 lbs
HWt: 169.2 lbs
LWt: 165.6 lbs
ChW: -1.7 lbs
----
Week 0: 169.2 lbs
Week 1: 167.5 lbs

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.