Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Reed is the answer

4,683 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by runontexas
Sparkie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Logos Stick said:

AceAggie05 said:

I've always known there were trolls on this forum, but I don't think I've ever seen the outright attempted sabotage that there has been this season, blatantly trying to cause problems within the team. Maybe my eyes just weren't open before

LOL, yeah because rando's posting on a message board can "sabotage" the team!

Clueless as ever. Players and players family read ta and it does have an impact.
BraxtonW
AG
If you don't attend all the practices, scrimmages, meetings, then you don't know who should actually start
jphelmet
AG
BraxtonW said:

If you don't attend all the practices, scrimmages, meetings, then you don't know who should actually start

Yeah! What happens on the field doesn't matter, it's the meetings that decides who starts.
BraxtonW
AG
jphelmet said:

BraxtonW said:

Yeah! What happens on the field doesn't matter, it's the meetings that decides who starts.

So was the staff we pay millions for just wrong? I'm saying you don't see what happens everyday, we have no idea who should start. Leave it up to coaches
Slicer97
AG
BraxtonW said:

So was the staff we pay millions for just wrong? I'm saying you don't see what happens everyday, we have no idea who should start. Leave it up to coaches

We see what happens on the day when it matters.
BraxtonW
AG
Slicer97 said:

BraxtonW said:

We see what happens on the day when it matters.

I agree to a point, but ultimately that's not all that goes into a decision.
Bryanisbest
AG
Zero turnovers
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Logos Stick said:

Medaggie said:

We must have the most schizophrenic fan base.

Before 1st game - CW is a 1st round QB, great arm, one of the top in the SEC.
One bad game - CW sucks in 10 diff ways
One decent game - Reed is Vince young but faster
One bad game - Reed should be a TE, bring on the next one

How anyone can say anything after one game is beyond me.

It was his first start. It was an SEC game. It was on the road. We won!

Conner's first start was a loss at home against Ole Miss, after coming in for King on the road the week before and losing at SCAR. His next game was on the road at Auburn. We lost. His first SEC W was against LSU the last game of the season. Achane won that game for us. Conner had 0 TDs and 57% completion percentage. The next year in his first road game against Miami, he chunks two INTs for a loss.

So yeah, I'm kind of excited about Reed and hoping for the best!

And all those games were from behind an Oline that was total crap. The same Oline that was probably not completely out of their crap ways vs a strong ND front.
The Oline has gotten much better and made the QB position a lot easier.

Unfortunately, I do somewhat feel like the craptastic Oline of the previous two years has ruined Weigman between the ears. It would have been nice to see what he could've done behind the much improved Oline without an injured shoulder.

But it is what it is. Hopefully, things go well against BG this weekend so that the offense can work on improving the passing game regardless of who the QB is but especially if it is Reed because he does need the reps.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Marcel Reed completed 11 of 17 passes for 178 yards, 10.47 yards per attempt, 2 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions in a road game at Florida. He attempted only 17 passes because we had 55 rushing attempts for 310 rushing yards, 5.63 yards per carry. Also, Reed had 13 carries for 83 rushing yards, 6.4 rushing yards per carry, and 1 touchdown. Reed accounted for 261 total yards and 3 touchdowns and had no turnovers. As result, we dominated Florida from start to finish to snap a 10-game road losing streak and get our first road win since a 35-14 rout at Missouri on 10/16/21, 1064 days or 152 weeks prior.

In contrast, Conner Weigman was 12/30 100 passing yards, 3.33 yards per attempt, 0 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions in a home game against Notre Dame. Yes, Notre Dame's defense is much better than Florida's defense, but 13 points is the fewest we have scored in a home game since a 26-10 loss to Auburn on 11/7/15. For these reasons, Reed has proven to be the answer. I can see Reed struggling against tougher SEC defenses, but I think he gives us a better chance of winning close games.
BraxtonW
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Marcel Reed completed 11 of 17 passes for 178 yards, 10.47 yards per attempt, 2 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions in a road game at Florida. He attempted only 17 passes because we had 55 rushing attempts for 310 rushing yards, 5.63 yards per carry. Also, Reed had 13 carries for 83 rushing yards, 6.4 rushing yards per carry, and 1 touchdown. Reed accounted for 261 total yards and 3 touchdowns and had no turnovers. As result, we dominated Florida from start to finish to snap a 10-game road losing streak and get our first road win since a 35-14 rout at Missouri on 10/16/21, 1064 days or 152 weeks prior.

In contrast, Conner Weigman was 12/30 100 passing yards, 3.33 yards per attempt, 0 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions in a home game against Notre Dame. Yes, Notre Dame's defense is much better than Florida's defense, but 13 points is the fewest we have scored in a home game since a 26-10 loss to Auburn on 11/7/15. For these reasons, Reed has proven to be the answer. I can see Reed struggling against tougher SEC defenses, but I think he gives us a better chance of winning close games.

I know u said their defense is much better. But we're talking about one of the worst defenses in the nation vs one of the best in the nation. Let the season play out and I'll all come together either it will be Conner or Marcell
romanagg11
AG
If it was me deciding, Reed to play 1st half. Then Connor and Jalen split the 2nd half.
dcg4403
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Only Fans Director said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Only Fans Director said:

Heuberger said:

The offense looked so much better with Reed running the show. You have to ride the hot hand, and Reed is the guy.
So Reed passed for 178 yards against florida's #106 ranked total defense in the nation and HE is the hot hand?

Considering CW average 25 yards passing per qtr against Notre Dame I'd say Reed is white hot
Total Defense after three games:

ND #28
UF #106

Cool story, Bro. I have no doubt in my mind Reed would have out performed CW in week 1.

Most ANY QB would have outperformed CW in Game 1.

So saying Reed would have been better is pretty much meaningless. Hard to play QB much worse than what we saw against ND.

No worries, you will see Reed start vs Bowling. He needs to prove himself against a defense like ND. Then we find out if he is the real deal or not. So far, things are trending up for sure.
BigSneezy
Heuberger said:

I'm not sure what there is to debate. The offense looked so much better with Reed running the show. You have to ride the hot hand, and Reed is the guy.

Yeah. He is the guy. Right up until he isn't.
DL76
AG
My sentiments exactly.
runontexas
AG
#LetsRide #ReedRowdies #BirdsUp

#WRTS
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.