Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It was Florida

9,346 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie Dad 26
chrisag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lmao the fact that you're splitting hairs with stats from that game to convince us that Weigman should be QB1 is rather telling. Anyone with a functional brain that watched the Florida game knows Reed is the guy.
Tergdor
AG
Logos Stick said:

LoneStarAg17 said:

Y'all do me a favor and watch this breakdown by one of the Florida's bloggers:

Florida is exceptionally bad. Poor play calling, poor tackling, poor alignment. All of these set up very very will for Marcel.

If Conner was healthy, we're probably talking about getting back on the Heisman train for him after playing that Florida defense.

LOL, I watched his analysis of the first play. The guy is ******ed. Talked about the FL defenders taking bad angles when Reed simply juked the hell out of them. It wasn't a bad play on the FL defender's part, it was great run on Reed's part. It was also not a designed run. Reed simply saw his first option covered and took off.

Get out with that nonsense!
What? Those were terrible angles, dude.

First day of defensive pursuit tackling school teaches you that you don't let the runner bounce outside of you and away from other defenders. You force the runner into other bodies. Both of those defenders tried to cut in front of Reed and left the lane open, it's terrible defense.
BraxtonW
AG
If you don't go to all the practices, meetings, scrimmages, you don't know who should start
AgLA06
AG
beerad12man said:

chrisag09 said:

"…and we have seen more good games than bad games from him" - and which games might those be? Let's do conference games only bc I'm also not a fan of unfair comparisons

I don't care who starts. I just want the best guy. But by no means is that even close to settled, despite how much some on here say it is. Conner at his best (and healthy) has been better than Reed at his best to this point, especially as a pure passer. Reed still needs to improve his passing, otherwise a healthy Conner should absolutely be considered
100%

This place will absolutely lose their minds if Conner sits 6 weeks, gets healthy, and is the starter because he's the better QB. And that's explains how ****ty this place can be.
PeekingDuck
AG
Neither QB has very good completion percentages. In fact, I think they are both well below average. We're looking for functional, at this point.
AgLA06
AG
Bill Superman said:

duddleysdraw88 said:

It's nothing personal AND it was more than just one bad game!

He was DFL in qbr in the NATION. QB1s do not do that at this level, or at least shouldn't.

He ain't right between the ears. He got the yips much like Rick Ankiel of St. Louis Cardinals.

You can not have that type of uncertainty and play at this level because it costs your team wins!

He should have been replaced early in the 3rd quarter vs ND because of his play or lack thereof and this team likely would be 2-0.

Elko definitely should have replaced him at the half, especially since he said CW was injured during that game. Reed would have likely won that game.
Elko played the QB he felt gave us the best chance to win. One that had a tied game into the 4th quarter.

It's like half this board can't understand that Reed wasn't ready and the coaches knew that much better than random fans on the internet. Hell, he wasn't ready in the second half against McNeese either. But he played a much better game against Florida, has BG this week to take another step, and then Arkansas before we get to a top 5 team in Mizzou.

If they had rolled Reed out there not ready and failed, it could have been disastrous moving forward.
Logos Stick
Tergdor said:

Logos Stick said:

LoneStarAg17 said:

Y'all do me a favor and watch this breakdown by one of the Florida's bloggers:

Florida is exceptionally bad. Poor play calling, poor tackling, poor alignment. All of these set up very very will for Marcel.

If Conner was healthy, we're probably talking about getting back on the Heisman train for him after playing that Florida defense.

LOL, I watched his analysis of the first play. The guy is ******ed. Talked about the FL defenders taking bad angles when Reed simply juked the hell out of them. It wasn't a bad play on the FL defender's part, it was great run on Reed's part. It was also not a designed run. Reed simply saw his first option covered and took off.

Get out with that nonsense!
What? Those were terrible angles, dude.

First day of defensive pursuit tackling school teaches you that you don't let the runner bounce outside of you and away from other defenders. You force the runner into other bodies. Both of those defenders tried to cut in front of Reed and left the lane open, it's terrible defense.

They absolutely were not terrible angles. They didn't let Reed do anything. His running ability allowed him to do that. Terrible analysis! Had it been a normal running QB, they would have tackled him!
Aggie Dad 26
BraxtonW said:

If you don't go to all the practices, meetings, scrimmages, you don't know who should start

And neither do you but here you've been pumping CW as our best choice when his performance has been 2nd best
BraxtonW
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

BraxtonW said:

And neither do you but here you've been pumping CW as our best choice when his performance has been 2nd best

I know I don't. That's why I'm not really voicing my opinion anymore on who should start. I'm fine either way now. I'm saying that none of us have insight on what's happening besides recent on field results.
romanagg11
AG
Anybody have the stat on CW's longest pass play as an Aggie in a real game?
Aggie Dad 26
romanagg11 said:

Anybody have the stat on CW's longest pass play as an Aggie in a real game?

"Real game" hmmm. I'll just dig up all the stats.

So far, 35 yards to Evansl Stewart against New Mexico.

Still looking
Aggie Dad 26
22 yarder against UMASS
21 yarder against LSU
Everything I've posted was TD passes

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.