Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It was Florida

9,478 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Aggie Dad 26
979BTXAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You morons forget we haven't won a sec road game in three years. I don't care how "easy" you think Florida is…. It's still very hard to do .

Weigman blew a night home game at Kyle while Reed went into the swamp and won.

The level of difficulty was definitely reeds task. Not to mention ND losing the next week
LB12Diamond
AG
Bill Superman said:

LB12Diamond said:

OK

Just title the thread properly next time.

Bill Superman defending Conner for being QB1.
You can't read and it's clearly that time of the month for you.

LOL

You tell me to calm down and now I'm on my period. Do you always get so defensive. Tells me my comments hit their mark.

I'm curious. Why would Reed taking the reins and having success be a concern?
Bill Superman
AG
SilverTaps86 said:

To my eyes, Reed just looks like a better leader on the field, and on the sidelines. All of these kids can play ball… but what separates good from great is leadership CW is probably a better "pure" passer (when he isn't injured or has happy feet) but Reeds legs are elite and with a average o line..we need that threat. Just my 2 cents
I can agree with this. But we need to see more from Reed before we can just hand him the keys and kick CW to the curb.

The players seemed to respond to Reed better everything seemed to move faster on offense with him. Still need to see more from him and from CW before we can start handing out heismans.
tk111
AG
LoneStarAg17 said:

Y'all do me a favor and watch this breakdown by one of the Florida's bloggers:

Florida is exceptionally bad. Poor play calling, poor tackling, poor alignment. All of these set up very very will for Marcel.

If Conner was healthy, we're probably talking about getting back on the Heisman train for him after playing that Florida defense.
hahaha damn that dude is bitter. That was fun to watch. Poor Douglas
BMCaginLTX
Watch the viral clip of Reed breaking the Florida LB's ankles and tell me you don't want the ball in his hands as much as possible.
It's that simple.
B-1 83
AG
jt16 said:

Well no kidding. I'm actually more excited about how MR looked coming in unexpectedly against a good OSU defense and gave us a chance to win an unwinnable game as a true freshman. That was a tough spot and he looked better than he should have
A "good OSU defense" missing how many starters who skipped the meaningless bowl game?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
DFCURT
I've been a huge Weigman fanboy since we've recruited him and I can see we have something special in Reed.

I don't think Weigman sucks or will suck. I do think he is behind schedule with every he has faced. Very reminiscent of Ewers imo. Ewers didn't exactly light it up at tu but this year he looks ready to do that. I think Weigman can or will be that with a year under his belt.

The problem is why wait for that when Reed looks to have a higher ceiling right now. Why risk another Notre Dame?
Hill08
I just want a QB that has the ability to keep it himself on a read-option
Bill Superman
AG
DFCURT said:

I've been a huge Weigman fanboy since we've recruited him and I can see we have something special in Reed.

I don't think Weigman sucks or will suck. I do think he is behind schedule with every he has faced. Very reminiscent of Ewers imo. Ewers didn't exactly light it up at tu but this year he looks ready to do that. I think Weigman can or will be that with a year under his belt.

The problem is why wait for that when Reed looks to have a higher ceiling right now. Why risk another Notre Dame?
I think you can still figure out if CW has it without risking another ND. If you think CW has a chance to turn it on to level like Ewers who has them ranked at #1, why would you give up on him so quickly and run him off. Just don't play him until he's 100% healthy then put him in on a short leash. Meanwhile we get to see if Reed can continue this type of performance.
antman8504
AG
Bill Superman said:

DFCURT said:

I think you can still figure out if CW has it without risking another ND. If you think CW has a chance to turn it on to level like Ewers who has them ranked at #1, why would you give up on him so quickly and run him off. Just don't play him until he's 100% healthy then put him in on a short leash. Meanwhile we get to see if Reed can continue this type of performance.

Because he has had 3 YEARS to be that guy.
Bill Superman
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

I remember when Kenny Hill ran all over South Carolina and we had him suddenly elevated to Heisman candidate in our Kool Aid addled minds. Let's see how this kid does against some of our tougher opponents before overreacting again. Florida had a weak defense.
Zoo doesn't have that long of memory. Hell most of them had CW winning the heisman this year before they completely flipped and now want to hand it to Reed.

After Reed's first interception I'm sure they'll be calling for Henderson. Then a walk on will be next.
Bill Superman
AG
antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

DFCURT said:

He hasn't even played what amounts to a full season. Plus he was learning Jimbo's backwards scheme.
Ag1188
AG
LB12Diamond said:

As far as the QB position.

Nope, not out of the loop at all. I just don't see a controversy. I see Klein wanting to go with Reed and I see Reed and Klein doing great things this season. Thus, no controversy.
One of them is going to transfer out at the end of the season. The question is which one….. Henderson will also transfer out.

If we keep doing designed runs without intent to get down for Reed, then it's also hard to imagine Reed not getting hurt like Conner has too.
LB12Diamond
AG
First

Klein's offense requires a running QB to be at its best. So those are not going anywhere and rightfully so.

Weigman hurt his shoulder on a QB sneak. Thus he got hurt on a QB run that did not require an intent to get down.

Yes, Reed needs to learn to slide at times. He's seems very intelligent. My guess is he will figure it out. Most likely a little ambitious last week with his first start in a big game.

The discussion is not who will get hurt or whatever though for me. I just answered your question since you brought it up.

In life, in sports, in whatever, life is about being ready when your opportunity takes place. Reed got that opportunity last week and was ready.

If he gets injured then it will be the next QBs opportunity to be ready and seize it.

As far as transfers if you really want to talk about that one at this time. I would prefer letting the season play out and then discuss it. It will be clear at that time what might take place.
agracer
AG
LoneStarAg17 said:

Y'all do me a favor and watch this breakdown by one of the Florida's bloggers:

Florida is exceptionally bad. Poor play calling, poor tackling, poor alignment. All of these set up very very will for Marcel.

If Conner was healthy, we're probably talking about getting back on the Heisman train for him after playing that Florida defense.
50:30 Mark "Douglas's soul leaves his body!"

But you are correct, the bad play, esp. by the FL Safetys (Douglas in particular) gave Reed some great places to make plays, and he did. And that's what exception players do, make the other guy pay for his mistakes.
antman8504
AG
Bill Superman said:

antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

DFCURT said:

He hasn't even played what amounts to a full season. Plus he was learning Jimbo's backwards scheme.

And Reed has played 2 games. And we have seen more flashes and less bad play

Are you proposing to pull Reed when Connor gets healthy even if Reed continues to play like he did against Florida?
taylorswift13_
FBS teams beaten

5 star future first round pick Conner Weigman - 1
Marcel Reed - 1
taylorswift13_
People bring up getting hurt, when you're that elusive and fast, it is so damn difficult to get a clean shot on you! Can anyone tell me the amount of plays where Reed took a huge shot…

Weigman is soft, he missed a game his freshman year because he had the flu…
taylorswift13_
There's a reason tu fans and lsu fans all want us to keep playing Weigman! If Weigman starts that betting line is around 16/17 not 23 this weekend
dixichkn
AG
chrisag09 said:

"…and we have seen more good games than bad games from him" - and which games might those be? Let's do conference games only bc I'm also not a fan of unfair comparisons
How about his very first one for starters?

Look I know everybody in the lynch mob/peanut gallery is ready to run him out of town on a rail after one horrible start, but how about let's give the kid another shot. And don't get me wrong, I think Marcel has what it takes to lead this team but he doesn't have the arm Conner does. He just doesn't. If Marcel is CLEARLY the answer then let's go with him by all means. But put away the tar and feathers for right now
rootube
AG
You have to tip your hat to someone so dedicated to being miserable that even our success is really just failure in disguise.
dixichkn
AG
Tbrown1021 said:

i am a fan of Weigman. But with Kleins offensive scheme Reed is the better fit. I sat endzone against ND so I got to watch a lot of plays from behind the offense. There were so many times that Weigman could have kept the ball instead of hand off and had tons of space to run as the defense was flowing towards the tailback. But that's not his game. If Reed is the qb in that game, I think we beat ND by 14 if not more. He just fits this scheme better.
Now THIS may actually be the case. It's not a talent deficiency with Conner. Marcel may just actually be the better fit with Klein. And if that's the case, then let's go. But that will need to bear itself out over the next game or two IMO. We should know something for sure either way by the end of Arkansas. It's audition time for both. Reed passed his first test, not flawlessly but pretty damn well
LB12Diamond
AG
antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

DFCURT said:

Are you proposing to pull Reed when Connor gets healthy even if Reed continues to play like he did against Florida?

Watch out with the logical question? He might accuse you of being on your period. Maybe he will answer you. I asked him what would be the problem if Reed continued starting and having success. I just got crickets.
rootube
AG
dixichkn said:

chrisag09 said:

"…and we have seen more good games than bad games from him" - and which games might those be? Let's do conference games only bc I'm also not a fan of unfair comparisons
How about his very first one for starters?

Look I know everybody in the lynch mob/peanut gallery is ready to run him out of town on a rail after one horrible start, but how about let's give the kid another shot. And don't get me wrong, I think Marcel has what it takes to lead this team but he doesn't have the arm Conner does. He just doesn't. If Marcel is CLEARLY the answer then let's go with him by all means. But put away the tar and feathers for right now

I agree sort of but please share what Connor's best game was where you discovered his superior arm. I would like to know. I'm pretty sure his best game against a SEC team statistically was not much better than what we just saw from Reed and his threat to run is dramatically worse.
agmeister
S
I am not so sure about the Reed comparisons to JFF. Reed weighs 180 lbs. He is not "thick" like Johnny was. Reed is built more like Evan Stewart than Johnny. Evan didn't even make it uninjured through one season and JFF played injured his second season. Reed may need to bulk up some. Also, the Florida defense played badly. So, there is that.

I like Reed and Connor, and I hope Connor is healthy for Arkansas, I'll go with Elko's decision.

Bill Superman
AG
antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

DFCURT said:

Depends on when CW gets healthy. Like I said I'm hoping to be able to see Reed start this weekend and against Arky to get a better feel. If that can happen then maybe he lights it up and wins the starting role. If he does then I'd assume he's on a short leash with a healthy CW waiting for the opportunity to prove himself again.

But the reality is that CW will be getting another start whether the armchair coaches of the zoo like it or not. You don't lose the starting role after 1 bad game due to injury.

I expect Elko starts CW for the Arky game. Then I'd assume he's on a short leash as well.
taylorswift13_
Oh yes, a highlight reel from 690 days ago, I'm convinced!!! Against an Ole Miss defense which only won 3 sec games!!! One of his only 2 games against non FCS schools where he threw over 200 yards! Sadly we lost both where
Bill Superman
AG
LB12Diamond said:

antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

antman8504 said:

Bill Superman said:

DFCURT said:

Watch out with the logical question? He might accuse you of being on your period. Maybe he will answer you. I asked him what would be the problem if Reed continued starting and having success. I just got crickets.
Imagine if a reporter asked that stupid of a question in the press conference.

You'll be fine.
LB12Diamond
AG
There you go. You said it's CW job once healthy.

But then you state short leash.

Think about that one.

That's just a bad setup to start with. It means you do NOT have confidence in your starting QB.
LB12Diamond
AG
Imagine you continually tap dancing around it. It's basically the same question you just answered. But you could not state it to me. No worries, your answer just proved my point earlier. Rename this thread Bill Superman wants Conner the starter.

As the other poster noted above. You are so miserable you have to find failure when we are successful.
Jason Stegent
AG
I'm just really glad Bill Superman isn't coaching and making these decisions, because our best personnel wouldn't be playing.

I've been a big CW fan, but my eyes don't lie. Marcel has IT, is a better fit for Klein's system, and seems to be a better leader. And to cap it all off, just listen to Marcel's TA interview vs any CW interview…I'll just leave that there.
Bill Superman
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Imagine you continually tap dancing around it. It's basically the same question you just answered. But you could not state it to me. No worries, your answer just proved my point earlier. Rename this thread Bill Superman wants Conner the starter.

As the other poster noted above. You are so miserable you have to find failure when we are successful.
hahaha if you're arguing with yourself I assume you win no matter what.
TexAgs23
Buck Turgidson said:

I remember when Kenny Hill ran all over South Carolina and we had him suddenly elevated to Heisman candidate in our Kool Aid addled minds. Lets see how this kid does against some of our tougher opponents before overreacting again. Florida had a weak defense.
Agree. Some of MR's passes against FL would have been intercepted against a better defense. He looked great overall but does have some things that he needs to work on before the tougher teams come to town.
LB12Diamond
AG
Bill Superman said:

LB12Diamond said:

hahaha if you're arguing with yourself I assume you win no matter what.

Nice

Either you are not intelligent to understand what the poster said about you, so obtuse. Or not man enough to admit when you are wrong.

Since you throw out childish lines like being on your period I'm going with number two.

Hey continue being miserable. Good luck with that one.
LB12Diamond
AG
Jason Stegent said:

I'm just really glad Bill Superman isn't coaching and making these decisions, because our best personnel wouldn't be playing.

I've been a big CW fan, but my eyes don't lie. Marcel has IT, is a better fit for Klein's system, and seems to be a better leader. And to cap it all off, just listen to Marcel's TA interview vs any CW interview…I'll just leave that there.

100% agree with it all. Their interviews are night and day different. You also see the players gravitating to him. Major props for a redshirt Freshman to have the confidence of his teammates such as that one. I'm not anti Weigman. I just really like what I see with Reed in all facets.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.