Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

118,263 Views | 1685 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by agproducer
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South Platte said:

MLB needs to change this crap. Let pitchers put whatever they want on their hands. It wouldn't hurt for MLB to tilt to a more defensive game. It's not going to become whiffle ball.

But I guess that doesn't sell tickets or generate enough revenue.

I tend to agree with this. Blanco swears it was just rosin, but we'll see. I'd probably prefer for a pitcher to have better grip than not when facing 90+ mph coming within inches of very important body parts, haha.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
South Platte said:

MLB needs to change this crap. Let pitchers put whatever they want on their hands. It wouldn't hurt for MLB to tilt to a more defensive game. It's not going to become whiffle ball.

But I guess that doesn't sell tickets or generate enough revenue.

You are talking about a league that used juiced balls for Judge and Pujols to let them hit HRs at the end of a season.
DallasAg 94
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

That that legal substance in the fingers of his glove on his non pitching hand sure gives him an advantage lol

But rangers fans and sherzer should already know that right
We'll see how legal.

If he was mixing rosin with alcohol and putting it on his glove, it is no different than any other illegal substance. A simple IR Spectroscopy should let us know if it was just sweat from the rosin bag on the mound and sweat. If I saw correctly, they checked him as he came out to the mound. That would ensure he didn't use the rosin bag on the mound and that it wasn't sweat WHILE pitching.

Scherzer was a NYMet, correct?!
JohnnyTexAg1995
DallasAg 94 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

That that legal substance in the fingers of his glove on his non pitching hand sure gives him an advantage lol

But rangers fans and sherzer should already know that right
We'll see how legal.

If he was mixing rosin with alcohol and putting it on his glove, it is no different than any other illegal substance. A simple IR Spectroscopy should let us know if it was just sweat from the rosin bag on the mound and sweat. If I saw correctly, they checked him as he came out to the mound. That would ensure he didn't use the rosin bag on the mound and that it wasn't sweat WHILE pitching.

Scherzer was a NYMet, correct?!
so you think after pitching three innings, his glove wouldn't be sweaty lol do you thing they going the locker room after every half inning and clean and disinfect the entire glove. You have got to be kidding with the "it wasn't sweat while pitching" lol
Mr Gigem
AG
You are really worked up over this. Must've had the over on innings pitched for Blanco last night
JohnnyTexAg1995
Mr Gigem said:

You are really worked up over this. Must've had the over on innings pitched for Blanco last night
or ya know don't want one of my teams pitchers suspended for 10 games with an already thin rotation, wtf are you talking about?
Mr Gigem
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

or ya know don't want one of my teams pitchers suspended for 10 games with an already thin rotation, wtf are you talking about?
How would him getting suspended for any number of games affect you personally?
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I can tell you with certainty that the game before Scherzer got busted, he was reported for having alcohol and an illegal rosin bag in the underground bullpen that he was going to between innings.

Also, there was a dust up in the tunnel after the game between Scherzer and an MLB employee that was reported to MLB. Magically, he got busted the next game.

That is to say, I think the umpires watch pitchers who have been reported or are suspected of illegal substances. They may not catch them in a game where they are cheating but may catch them after the fact based on MLB write up by MLB employees.

Just my $.02 worth.
Double Talkin' Jive...
JohnnyTexAg1995
Mr Gigem said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

ok so you are just trying to be a jack ass lol got it!
Aggies2009
AG
Mr Gigem said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Bruh, they take this stuff seriously.
John Armfield
Rangers fans obsessing over Blanco like a crazy stalker meanwhile they have lost 5 in a row.

LMAO
DallasAg 94
Don't confuse recognition with obsession. Recognizing you are cheating again isn't an obsession as much as statement of "where you are."

We won the World Series and if we lost 162 games in 2024, we'd always have the WS Rings and their replicas.

Funny, you want to draw attention to a normal losing streak while your team is 8games belown .500 after winning 3 straight, but about to lose your best performing SP.

Not only a suspension for 10 games, but we're likely to see him "regress" back to his norm. IYKWIM.

Astros are 7-1 in his 8GS.

Astros are 8-27 in games he does NOT start. Yikes.
DallasAg 94
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Shows the Astros "win at all cost" attitude. You are more concerned about losing a cheater than cleaning up the cheating.

Two words for you: "Trevor Bauer"

Go get him.
JohnnyTexAg1995
DallasAg 94 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Shows the Astros "win at all cost" attitude. You are more concerned about losing a cheater than cleaning up the cheating.

Go get him.
the point is it's looks like he didn't cheat, or gain any advantage, so no I don't want my team to lose a pitcher due to a subjective umpire decision. The fact other pitchers have been allowed to wash their hands or even change gloves rather than be ejected shows how inconsistent this rule is administered.

But since you are so concerned about cleaning up cheating, I'm sure you are okay with Max just not ever taking the mound for Arlington this year, ya know a proven and suspended cheater.
Mathguy64
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Go get him.

Two words for you: "Blue Merle"

You got him.
DallasAg 94
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Go get him.
the point is it's looks like he didn't cheat, or gain any advantage, so no I don't want my team to lose a pitcher due to a subjective umpire decision. The fact other pitchers have been allowed to wash their hands or even change gloves rather than be ejected shows how inconsistent this rule is administered.

But since you are so concerned about cleaning up cheating, I'm sure you are okay with Max just not ever taking the mound for Arlington this year, ya know a proven and suspended cheater.

He didn't cheat?!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40148726/astros-ronel-blanco-ejected-foreign-substance-check

Quote:

"Just probably rosin I put on my left arm," he said in Spanish through an interpreter. "Maybe because of the sweat it got into the glove and that's maybe what they found."

Espada added that when he went to the mound he saw "white powder" inside Blanco's glove.

"It looked to me when I grabbed the glove [that] there was some rosin," Espada said. "You're not allowed to use rosin on your non-pitching hand, and that's what it looked like to me. It was a little bit sticky with the moisture and the sweat, but that's what it looked like to me."
I guess the Astros "win at all cost" attitude means not admitting to cheating.

As a Rangers fan if Max cheated with the Rangers... he should be suspended. Nobody claimed Nelson Cruz should not be suspended for PEDs.

I never said that Blanco should never pitch again... I don't think anyone has said that. What is being said is... take responsibility. He has admitted to violating the rules. Confirmed by his manager. Take the "L" and accept it.

The problem people have with the Astros is this whole "I'm being singled out" theme that cheaters use to deflect responsibility. Just Own It. Instead, you'll try to mock everyone that calls you out.

Add to that, the Astros just have a propensity to wanting to cut corners and do anything to win.
JohnnyTexAg1995
DallasAg 94 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Go get him.

He didn't cheat?!
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40148726/astros-ronel-blanco-ejected-foreign-substance-check

Quote:

"Just probably rosin I put on my left arm," he said in Spanish through an interpreter. "Maybe because of the sweat it got into the glove and that's maybe what they found."

Espada added that when he went to the mound he saw "white powder" inside Blanco's glove.

"It looked to me when I grabbed the glove [that] there was some rosin," Espada said. "You're not allowed to use rosin on your non-pitching hand, and that's what it looked like to me. It was a little bit sticky with the moisture and the sweat, but that's what it looked like to me."

As a Rangers fan if Max cheated with the Rangers... he should be suspended. Nobody claimed Nelson Cruz should not be suspended for PEDs.

I never said that Blanco should never pitch again... I don't think anyone has said that. What is being said is... take responsibility. He has admitted to violating the rules. Confirmed by his manager. Take the "L" and accept it.

The problem people have with the Astros is this whole "I'm being singled out" theme that cheaters use to deflect responsibility. Just Own It. Instead, you'll try to mock everyone that calls you out.

Add to that, the Astros just have a propensity to wanting to cut corners and do anything to win.
according to the rules people found there was nothing about not being able to have rising on your other hand. And what the hell does that do anyway, again what advantage does that give to call him a "cheater" if he accidentally broke a stupid rule like that, again other pitchers who have been caught with that have been given opportunities to wash their hands or even change out gloves, so can you explain that at all? And don't act like you would be all high and might if this happens with your pitcher. lol get off your high horse brother
DallasAg 94
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

He didn't cheat?!

Quote:

according to the rules people found there was nothing about not being able to have rising on your other hand. And what the hell does that do anyway, again what advantage does that give to call him a "cheater" if he accidentally broke a stupid rule like that, again other pitchers who have been caught with that have been given opportunities to wash their hands or even change out gloves, so can you explain that at all? And don't act like you would be all high and might if this happens with your pitcher. lol get off your high horse brother
Your emotion is preventing you from effectively communicating, I think.

In the quote above, Espada said it isn't allowed to have rosin on his glove hand and glove and what he saw was rosin.

It wasn't on the glove early, and you think he "accidentally" put rosin on his glove while in the dugout?! He was checked before going on to the field. Or, are you claiming he put rosin on his glove just before walking off the field in the previous inning?!

Stupid or not... Stupid is Tatis not being allowed to treat himself for ringworm.

Who has been caught and allowed to change gloves?! Not that it matters.

Astros new position is the "Lesley Gore Defense." "It's the Astros Party."

We're sorry this happened to you, little brother.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I have the ability to communicate dude, someone literally pulled up the rule book and it mentioned you are allowed to have rosin on "your hand or hands" unless someone out here is pitching with 2 hands I think I'm correct. Sounds like the umpire told espada he can't have rosin on his glove hand and that's what espada is saying. And nice attempt at a "little bother" joke haha you are the one talking, arguing and discussing something that happened to a team you don't even root for… just saying
DrZ
AG
not that it matters
Umpire appears to ask Dodgers' Yoshinobu Yamamoto to change gloves vs. SF Giants (msn.com)
JohnnyTexAg1995
DallasAg 94 said:

JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

He didn't cheat?!

Quote:

In the quote above, Espada said it isn't allowed to have rosin on his glove hand and glove and what he saw was rosin.

It wasn't on the glove early, and you think he "accidentally" put rosin on his glove while in the dugout?! He was checked before going on to the field. Or, are you claiming he put rosin on his glove just before walking off the field in the previous inning?!

Stupid or not... Stupid is Tatis not being allowed to treat himself for ringworm.

also former players seem to disagree with your take as well…

Aggies2009
AG

Dang. Wonder what he was using.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Aggies2009 said:

don't think about it too much, union men are trained to talk the same way…

Mathguy64
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Domingo German of the Yankees was allowed to change gloves.

Your own Blue Merle was given an opportunity to wash his hands while a Met before being ejected after a second check.

It's not like it's been hidden from the world.
DallasAg 94
AJP is your "rules expert?!"

Where was I wrong?!

Do you know what IR Spectroscopy is? That is what AJP mentions. That is what I mentioned.

I'm certainly not a rules expert, but I'd like to see where you got the fact they are permitted to use rosin on their glove.

https://www.mlb.com/news/updated-sticky-stuff-guidelines

Quote:

Pitchers will continue to be permitted to use a rosin bag on their hand, wrist and forearm to assist in managing sweat, but they are prohibited from applying it to their gloves and uniforms, nor are they allowed to combine rosin with any other substance, such as sunscreen.

Yes, RPs used sunscreen... they are no longer. I don't care if you, AJP, or anyone else likes it. Or the rule is dumb. It is the rule and players are not allowed. Just like they aren't allowed to treat themselves for ringworm.
Aggies2009
AG
JohnnyTexAg1995 said:

Aggies2009 said:

don't think about it too much, union men are trained to talk the same way…

LOL Every time is the stickiest. Good stuff.
JohnnyTexAg1995
I ask again what is your response for some pitchers being allowed to change gloves or wash their hands… no comment still
tjack16
AG
Regardless of team I think rosin, regardless of where it's located should be legal since it is literally supplied to them on the mound.

Anything foreign (spider tack and others) should be illegal
fc2112
So Astros fans claim Adolis' cheats cause "damn he big".

Meanwhile, Blanco is caught cheating, is penalized and Astros fans argue that "everyone does it" or "it wasn't a big deal".

Got it.
RO519
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Curious, do you think this Rockies pitcher got any Rosin on his glove? Is he cheating?
The Porkchop Express
AG
fc2112 said:

So Astros fans claim Adolis' cheats cause "damn he big".

Meanwhile, Blanco is caught cheating, is penalized and Astros fans argue that "everyone does it" or "it wasn't a big deal".

Got it.

Personally, I think Adolis had gotten off the roids and is no longer cheating.
That would explain why he has sucked so much ass at the plate in May.
.179 with 1 HR and 21 K in 56 AB?

Cmon Mayor McCheese, you're no Joey Gallo.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Silent For Too Long
Awe, look at Arlington, desperate not to focus on their 5 game losing streak, putting all their attention on Daddy's use of a little rosin.
Silent For Too Long
Hey chach, if you honestly think the Ranger's just won a ship without a win at all cost mindset, you are one delusional sob.

It's professional baseball. You don't win it all without pushing the boundaries. Stress testing the rules is an integral part of the sport and has been since the very beginning. Your little high horse is the epitome of delusional.
agent-maroon
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

Awe, look at Arlington, desperate not to focus on their 5 game losing streak, putting all their attention on Daddy's use of a little rosin.

Now that's how you deflect the focus from the astros established pattern of cheating. Well done!

And by "well done " I really mean "pathetic"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggies2009
AG
agent-maroon said:

Silent For Too Long said:

Now that's how you deflect the focus from the astros established pattern of cheating. Well done!

And by "well done " I really mean "pathetic"
I love how they used to say, "It's only Rangers fans who care about this!" with the cheating. Then it was only Dodgers fans too. Then it was only Yankees fans. Then you had mic'ed up players in Spring training talking about it and making fun of them for it constantly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.