Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets - Swing and Longer Term Trades

156,862 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Bob Knights Paper Hands
insulator_king
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sold most all of my $COOK [traeger] positions at a small profit.

Sold a few few more shares of LUMN, 15 or so. These were in my HSA.
Brewmaster
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Quick hitters - - share your current favorite buy-and-hold ideas, if you dare:

• LLY: Has retreated to a more reasonable valuation - low 700s might be a good entry point to start building a position
  • PLTR: Will probably continue to be volatile - buy shares and write covered calls repeatedly, due to current high option premiums
  • ASO: similar approach to what I recommended for PLTR. No strong reason I can see it shouldn't gravitate towards its' previous high
  • ZIG: A play on the M&A market rebounding if there is a governmental change of control

Yours?
You probably already know this. my very short term quick hitters: MARA, SMCI but markets have to show some strength first. Looks like 5k is sooner rather than later.
LMCane
started a Palantir position today
bmoochie
AG
insulator_king said:

I'm up +147.15% on $TELL, but I only bought 70 shares back in FEB.

Of course that is offset by $LUMN, $SPCE and several others. HA!

Forgot about this thread. Hope you sold TELL once the acquisition was announced
insulator_king
AG
I've sold some, maybe just a third from my smallish IRA.

My IRA is with Vanguard, so not the easiest to use, but I had GTC on them and they did OK.
EliteZags
AG

damn straight
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Thinking about loading some dis and nke as longer term holds here, but concerned about adding too much exposure to companies that are pretty reliant on discretionary spending.
I bleed maroon
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Thinking about loading some dis and nke as longer term holds here, but concerned about adding too much exposure to companies that are pretty reliant on discretionary spending.
I actually bought some DIS $110 Jan calls this morning as a potential way to re-enter the stock (or to make a quick buck - I'm OK with either). My belief is they will either get another visit from an activist shareholder, or proactively divest undervalued parts to boost shareholder value.
bmoochie
AG
I know I have mentioned TELL in the past but I have another LNG stock I think I will start building a position in soon. Next Decade, ticker NEXT. Stock plunged 35% after administration halted their train 4 plans for expansion in rio grande facility. I believe it will find a bottom soon and be on a discount. They are continuing with T1-T3 construction since all of that was already approved.

i think it will be in a good spot to build a solid position in and try and get netfree if we get a new administration next year. Odds are new expansion would be approved and stock would rebound significantly.

Obviously LNG and CQP are the bread winners but those are more pricey at this point. There is still expansion plans for LNG (Sabine Pass facility) but I don't have a timeline on that yet.
Bird Poo
AG
What is your buy target on NEXT?
bmoochie
AG
Bird Poo said:

What is your buy target on NEXT?

I haven't charted it yet, this was strictly seeing the news. Full disclosure I am no where near where HA is with but targets or anything like that. I have mediocre chart skills at best. This is more getting in an LNG stock that's affordable and tanked on news. That I believe will be reversed with a new administration.

Plus construction still is on for the rest of the plant with 3 trains being built.
Bird Poo
AG
Thanks. I'll bring it up on the other thread to see what those guys think.
jamey
AG
Is this spike in bonds a bad signal

bmoochie
AG
Ok here is my Opinion on NEXT for Bird Poo and any others. Still room down the $4.32 range. From there I think we do get a small bounce as that is a pretty strong level dating back to 2018. Potential to swing trade it and maybe squeak out some netfree shares as a bounce takes us back up to $5.28 level. Almost $1 move but it could take 6 months for a recovery there.

Lose the $4.32 level and I have $3.21 and then $2.09.

we are definitely in oversold Territory on RSI but MACD still turning and there is zero reason to catch a falling knife on this one. I do want to watch what it does at $4.32 as that is where I could see the first attempt at a bottom.

As I have stated before, I am a believer in anything in the LNG space and wish I was as in to the stock market 4 years ago when I started dealing with this market and could have gotten Cheniere at low levels. NEXT is cheap and is/would be LONG term. But it's at the ground floor, similar to TELL. I just don't know the future of TELL with that acquisition now.

insulator_king
AG
Yesterday sold some [OK it was 4] of my old $RKT shares, still need it to go higher to sell my higher basis shares. This is in my HSA account.

Sold 6 shares of $CLOV too.

Still buying $ARRY as it keeps going lower. I think it will go up over the long term.
bhanacik
AG
Thoughts on AAP for a longer term hold? Big drop on earnings today and set off an alert I've had set for a while
AgCPA95
AG
bhanacik said:

Thoughts on AAP for a longer term hold? Big drop on earnings today and set off an alert I've had set for a while

I nibbled some a few months back after hearing Tom Hayes (Hedge Fund Tips) beat the drum on the turnaround. CEO if former HD Supply leader who had great success there. Seems to have a good plan of reengaging local store operators to manage their ops working w not only consumers but also the local repair shops. This is a turnaround value play "betting on the jockey" at Hayes calls it.
bhanacik
AG
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to look at selling some puts as a hedge
insulator_king
AG
In my HSA account.

Got rid of my 0.6 shares of $SIRI I ended up with after the weird merger/ rev split.
Bought 3 shares NVTS
Sold 5 shares $OSCR
Sold 1 share $SOLV.

Don't want to talk about my Big [LOSSES] Lots foray.
JW_TXAG13
AG
Anybody looking to exit long term positions post rate cuts? Nice bump this morning but looking back at historical trends has me a litte wary of where the market goes from here
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm riding this to see where it goes. The QQQ divergence from SPX and DOW is potentially bearish IMO, but if the market os going to climb that's where the biggest potential is to make up gains if it joins the others at ATHs. It's human nature to want to lock in gains and sell while things are going up and to hold too long when things go down. So I'll let this kittle run play out but be watching.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.