Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets - Swing and Longer Term Trades

156,859 Views | 930 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
59 South said:

Hey thanks for TTT... I keep forgetting to do that or post here.

So how we all feeling about CWH now? I think it may run up to 38 or so before a new uptrend pull back. That would also set up an inverse H&S for you technical guys. I think it has a good chance for 50+ in the next 6-12 months.

I'm out on CWH. I set my exit plan and didn't adjust as it broke out. I made good money, but left more on the table. Rookie mistake Bob! Also part of the difficulty trading while working a full time gig.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
SDC is killing it right now. Anybody thinking about selling it, or are they still holding it?
fig96
AG
Curious if anyone bought in on the TSLA or AAPL splits? I just held my positions in both, curious to see what they do over the next 6-12 months as we (hopefully) start to return to normal.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I sold my bags where I was averaging down from the "collapse". Still holding my original buys
tlepoC
AG
I sold covered calls out a month this time. We'll see if the previous pattern has just primed me to get screwed - regardless, well over a double if I get called out.
YouBet
AG
I need to gut check my VNQ holding. It's down 6.5% since inception.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I'm not sure Monday is the right time to get in as maybe it dips more but OSTK does not make sense at $2.8B mc and $65pps.

Its projected revenue 12m is expected to be $3B. A conservative 1.5Xs multiple means $4.5B valuation and $100+ pps. A 3Xs valuation is $9B mc and $200+pps.

This doesn't even account for its ownership of TZero which some people are saying may carry its own market cap of $6-8b within 2-3 years.

Long story short, logic seems to say OSTK is way oversold and might be a great long play.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
tlepoC said:

I sold covered calls out a month this time. We'll see if the previous pattern has just primed me to get screwed - regardless, well over a double if I get called out.

Yeah I'm holding for a little longer. I officially have my first Double in investing, which is pretty sweet.
59 South
AG
Yep, I think it is a great long term play for sure. I'm really hoping it comes down to around $50 and bases for awhile. It's a technical mess right now so I'm being patient with it.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
fig96 said:

Curious if anyone bought in on the TSLA or AAPL splits? I just held my positions in both, curious to see what they do over the next 6-12 months as we (hopefully) start to return to normal.

I bought some AAPL last week, I think with the new phone we should see a jump back pretty soon.
59 South
AG
I posted last week over on the stock markets thread but forgot to post here... I'm looking hard at AAPL, OSTK and DOCU for good long term entries (never owned any of them).

Also looking to add to CWH when the time is right (I already have quite a bit...). Not rushing anything in this market so if I miss them, I miss them, and I'm ok with that.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
59 South said:

I posted last week over on the stock markets thread but forgot to post here... I'm looking hard at AAPL, OSTK and DOCU for good long term entries (never owned any of them).

Also looking to add to CWH when the time is right (I already have quite a bit...). Not rushing anything in this market so if I miss them, I miss them, and I'm ok with that.

Pretty much doing the same on AAPL and OSTK.

I own a lot of AAPL already, and some OSTK. OSTK is the one panic move I made last week selling it at $73ish remembering it was at $4 not long ago and thinking it might be headed back there again.

I suppose I can make a move to buy more OSTK right now at lower than where I sold ($71 as I type) but instead I am trying to be disciplined with buy orders now at $59, and $55.

Same with AAPL, I have heavy buy orders at $109 and $103 as well.

If I miss both, then good news is the as is holdings I have will do well. If I hit those buy orders, then I'll see the short term loss but a nice big upside down the road.
59 South
AG
CWH is about as safe and high reward as you can get. I'm going to buy more on any pullback.

https://investor.campingworld.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Camping-World-Holdings-Inc.-Announces-Long-Term-Goals-Initiatives-and-2021-Outlook/default.aspx

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
59 South said:

CWH is about as safe and high reward as you can get. I'm going to buy more on any pullback.

https://investor.campingworld.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Camping-World-Holdings-Inc.-Announces-Long-Term-Goals-Initiatives-and-2021-Outlook/default.aspx

Cannot believe I dumped this in the low 20s when it wasn't "moving fast enough' for me. Stupid.
Gordon McKernan
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Cannot believe I dumped this in the low 20s when it wasn't "moving fast enough' for me. Stupid.
You jumping back in?

I bought some at 34, will likely buy some more as well. Waiting on more money to be transferred into my trading account.
John The Savage
The CEO of CWH was on Motley Fool Podcast explaining the outlook for the company when they were around $10. I wonder if their growth is sustainable from here?
“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Gordon McKernan said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

You jumping back in?

I bought some at 34, will likely buy some more as well. Waiting on more money to be transferred into my trading account.

I caved and bought some around 34 as well. Not much though. I do have another bigger buy order in at $31, and a really big one in at $28. If I get it i get it, if not then oh well.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
CWH with the savage 9% drop off today's top ropes (upper B band). Pretty decent volumes as well. Moved back up to about the 21ema at the close of AH, but it needs to have a positive move tomorrow.

The 9ema is above the 21, MACD positive, and RSI at 50 are all still pretty positive signs. Everybody go out and buy RVs tonight!
frankm01
Anyone still long CADE? I know a few guys here were long a while back. Looked like it was setting up nice in August after rough July, but still well off pre Covid highs. Any good insight?
krosch11
AG
I played CADE from March to June while it was in a Darvas Box. Wasn't bold enough to wait on the gap fill at 11.89.

I will say we use CADE for a lot of our healthcare JVs and enjoy working with them. I don't know enough about their entire portfolio for long term outlook
gougler08
AG
frankm01 said:

Anyone still long CADE? I know a few guys here were long a while back. Looked like it was setting up nice in August after rough July, but still well off pre Covid highs. Any good insight?

Really struggling to break $10, I've been selling covered calls on it recently to pocket premium and happy to sell when it clears as my cost base is $5...not sure I would enter long here though
TxAG#2011
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Unsolicited thoughts - today I rolled the rest of my airline calls out further so now the only commercial airline exposure I have are 2022 leaps and a few hundred shares of LUV. These have given me massive gains during this years ascent but I don't like the idea of holding Nov, Dec, or Jan calls with the election coming up and the millions of dollars these are burning per day right now. I still think there is upside to he had here but I don't feel confident enough that we'll hit that in the next 4 months.
K_P
AG
Will anyone be jumping into SNOW for a long term hold? One of our IT guys was really excited about it as a product
gougler08
AG
Not at these crazy levels, maybe if it takes a big post IPO dip
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So who jumped into LUV at or near the bottom of the dip?

Those shares are looking pretty damn nice right now. Hovering at +35% right now for me.
gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Those shares are looking pretty damn nice right now. Hovering at +35% right now for me.
+30% for me right now and also in DAL at +25%
Post removed:
by user
AgCPA95
AG
gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same here at a $30.90 average price for LUV. I'm letting it ride as I still have confidence they will be leader on return to profits with their domestic focus with nice lower cost (i.e. non Europe/Far East) international markets.
fig96
AG
Dropping a little bit into WORK, recent earnings report came in a hair low and it dipped to near 25 after being over 34 last week. They've got a massive userbase, think it's just going to take a bit more of them finding ways to monetize that. Competition from MSFT with Teams will be interesting.
CheladaAg
AG
fig96 said:

Dropping a little bit into WORK, recent earnings report came in a hair low and it dipped to near 25 after being over 34 last week. They've got a massive userbase, think it's just going to take a bit more of them finding ways to monetize that. Competition from MSFT with Teams will be interesting.

Can't find it but have you seen the chart that show user growth over time between MS teams and Slack? MS is blowing slack out of the water so that is working against them.
fig96
AG
boyz05 said:

fig96 said:

Can't find it but have you seen the chart that show user growth over time between MS teams and Slack? MS is blowing slack out of the water so that is working against them.
I haven't but it totally makes sense, so many orgs are already embedded with MS office. Once companies needed a chat/call solution it's already there.

But there's also tons of companies that aren't using Office and need a different solution, I think there's room in the market for both.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$30.91 for me.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AgCPA95 said:

gougler08 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same here at a $30.90 average price for LUV. I'm letting it ride as I still have confidence they will be leader on return to profits with their domestic focus with nice lower cost (i.e. non Europe/Far East) international markets.
I bought calls across slightly OTM strikes for Oct, Dec, Jan2021, and Jan2022 for LUV, DAL, AAL, and UAL. I sold a lot of them at the peaks this summer and bought back in late July and early August. I have more than doubled by trading account value from January with these alone. It's been nuts. Right now all of my LUV and AAL calls have sold again. I should have managed those differently, but it's been a crazy ride.
MAS444
AG
Any long hold buys today?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.