Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Home Pest Control

815 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by RoyVal
Aquin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am growing tired and frustrated with contracting out my pest control for a whole lot of reasons. Do any of you handle home pest control for yourselves? All the big box stores have some product that looks like it would work. What is use program and what do you use? Thanks. I will hang up and listen.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Yes, there are a ton of old threads on here about it. Google "TexAgs.com: DIY pest control".

Basic go to product is generic Bifen IT for indoor/outdoor use. Add an IGR for longer lasting control. You can use the oil-based Bifen XTS outside for stronger resistance to rain/weather. Amazon or DoYourOwnPestControl are preferred retailers.

Spray along the baseboards and under all appliances indoors, spray the perimeter of the house from 3' up the wall to 3' out into the yard. All are safe for kids/pets once dry. The best tool for this is a backpack sprayer from Champin or similar construction. I find that if you stay on top of a schedule, as well as keep a clean house/yard, 1-2x a year is all that is needed.
El_duderino
Bifen XTS and I rotate demon wp once or twice a year. 4 gallon backpack sprayer.
aggie_wes
AG
El_duderino said:

Bifen XTS and I rotate demon wp once or twice a year. 4 gallon backpack sprayer.

Basically this. Backpack sprayer, I rotate bifen IT and demon WP, I generally spray about 3x a year: when it starts to get warm in the spring, mid-summer, and after the first cold snap of the fall.
Sea Speed
AG
You can get Bifen IT on Amazon cheaper than just about anywhere else. Use it in the house and around the outside perimeter. I spot treat outside with XTS on anthills while I mow. This is the way.
Sea Speed
AG
You can get Bifen IT on Amazon cheaper than just about anywhere else. Use it in the house and around the outside perimeter. I spot treat outside with XTS on anthills while I mow. This is the way.
JSKolache
AG
Domyown.com has everything you'll ever need for bugs in house and lawn. Get a hose end sprayer and a 2 gal hand pump sprayer then pick your poison. Start with bifen.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I also put down Bifen granules on the lawn to help ward off a lot of activity before it ever makes it to the house.
RoyVal
AG
+1 for bifen. I spray my exterior of my house plus all the bushes and landscaping to really help with mosquitos.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.