Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Asian Dinner Night

10,705 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Scotts Tot
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

I am done with the thread.

Liar liar pants on fire.
You a toddler?
Saxsoon
AG
This is a very nice dipping sauce I made this morning actually

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Tanker123
Saxsoon said:

This is a very nice dipping sauce I made this morning actually

It will have a nice and pronounced ginger flavor.
Mathguy64
AG
Tanker123 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

Liar liar pants on fire.
You a toddler?

Your 12th post since stating you would never post again and 6th since publicly questioning the veracity of the poster who called you out on it after you denied ever saying it.

I'm confused. Are you staying or going?

GAC06
AG
DiskoTroop said:

NColoradoAG said:

I am almost certain the OP is an AI bot gone rogue.

I think it's Fido trying a new angle to get people to listen to him.

Less complex recipes, same snark and attitude

"Less complex" is a nice way of saying "terrible"
Tanker123
Mathguy64 said:

Tanker123 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

Liar liar pants on fire.
You a toddler?

Your 12th post since stating you would never post again and 6th since publicly questioning the veracity of the poster who called you out on it after you denied ever saying it.

Do you think I care? lol
Tanker123
GAC06 said:

DiskoTroop said:

NColoradoAG said:

How do you know? You haven't even tried the recipe, thus you are assuming. Now I was told that the fried rice recipe was too simple because I did not say how to cook the rice. What gives? Can you explain that? lol

Mathguy64
AG
I'm going to try. I doubt you want the criticism but I'll try.

Each board has rules and they function under them. This one? It's a food board. People post recipes all the time. Some give pics and full explanations and steps, others post videos of things. Some are good. Some not. Either way that's fine. That's the point of the board.

But if you post a recipe that has errors in it, there are some here who are good enough chefs to question what you are doing.

Case in point. You posted this on a thread you made 6 days ago. It's a "recipe" for BBQ sauce. I couldn't tell you if it's good, average, the best thing ever or if it tastes like the back end of a cow.

This is what you posted.

Quote:

Just made a stunning BBQ sauce:

- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Banana ketchup
- Garlic
- Onion
- Ginger
- Mashed up banana
- Brown sugar

That's not a recipe. It's a list of ingredients with no measurements or amounts and no direction. No one could make this if they wanted to.

If you continue to post things like this, expect to be called out for it. And learn from what you did.

Your attitude is you are right and everyone else is wrong, even when you say something patently not possible. Leave it at the door.
Tanker123
Mathguy64 said:

I'm going to try. I doubt you want the criticism but I'll try.

Each board has rules and they function under them. This one? It's a food board. People post recipes all the time. Some give pics and full explanations and steps, others post videos of things. Some are good. Some not. Either way that's fine. That's the point of the board.

But if you post a recipe that has errors in it, there are some here who are good enough chefs to question what you are doing.

Case in point. You posted this on a thread you made 6 days ago. It's a "recipe" for BBQ sauce. I couldn't tell you if it's good, average, the best thing ever or if it tastes like the back end of a cow.

This is what you posted.

Quote:

Just made a stunning BBQ sauce:

- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
- Banana ketchup
- Garlic
- Onion
- Ginger
- Mashed up banana
- Brown sugar

That's not a recipe. It's a list of ingredients with no measurements or amounts and no direction. No one could make this if they wanted to.

If you continue to post things like this, expect to be called out for it. And learn from what you did.

Your attitude is you are right and everyone else is wrong, even when you say something patently not possible. Leave it at the door.

So? Of course I am right. The rest of you ***** incessantly. You act like that list of ingredients is the only thing I do. What gives? You folks are like people going to a gun fight with knives. lol
Mathguy64
AG
Well no one can say I didn't try.
Tanya 93
Tanker123 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Tanker123 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

Liar liar pants on fire.
You a toddler?

Do you think I care? lol

More than I care when someone uses less rather than fewer or well when they should have used good.

And that, my darling, is tremendous
Tanker123
Tanya 93 said:

Tanker123 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Tanker123 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Quote:

Liar liar pants on fire.
You a toddler?

Do you think I care? lol

More than I care when someone uses less rather than fewer or well when they should have used good.

And that, my darling, is tremendous
You slay me. lol
GAC06
AG
Tanker123 said:

GAC06 said:

DiskoTroop said:

NColoradoAG said:

How do you know? You haven't even tried the recipe, thus you are assuming. Now I was told that the fried rice recipe was too simple because I did not say how to cook the rice. What gives? Can you explain that? lol

Because I know how to make good food.
Tanker123
GAC06 said:

Tanker123 said:

GAC06 said:

DiskoTroop said:

NColoradoAG said:

Because I know how to make good food.
I am duly impressed. Perhaps you can STFU and post a recipe. lol
GAC06
AG
I've posted lots of stuff here. I can't do that while adhering to your request to "STFU" though. Also stuff I cook likely won't involve boiled peas, low sodium soy sauce, and personality disorders.
FriendlyAg
Bruce Almighty said:

Would Uncle Roger approve?

Hi-yoooo
Tanker123
It's infinitely apparent I am dealing with the He Man Woman Haters Club. lol
Rocketman84
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

This is a bit confusing, because most people aren't going to know that you need two cups of uncooked rice to yield six cups cooked. Also, the peas do not need to be cooked with the rice; add them toward the end, and they won't overcook (they will if you cook them with the rice and then cook them again). And that seems like a lot of soy sauce, even if it's low-sodium, especially since the rice is already seasoned with the chicken bouillon.
Ok. Confusing? I should say cook 2 cups of rice to make 6 cups of cooked rice? I am done with this thread. lol

Yes, you should. Anyone that writes recipes would know this, especially since your recipe starts with six cups cooked rice, and then step 1 is to cook the damn rice. Someone reading that is going to wonder what the **** you're talking about.
I had the same question when reading the recipe, is it cooked or not cooked??

Weirdest thread I've run across on TexAgs.
Mathguy64
AG
First time on a Tanker thread I see.
agcrock2005
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Wow. I just read through this thing, and this guy sucks. My favorite part was when he said he was done, but then he posted 25 more times ending with a childish "lol" every time.
Eliminatus
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Wow. I just read through this thing, and this guy sucks. My favorite part was when he said he was done, but then he posted 25 more times ending with a childish "lol" every time.
It's become a bit of a buzzword as of late and gets wrongfully applied a lot, but if this dude is not a walking example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, no one is.

It almost feels like an evolution of Barnes in some ways.
texasaggie2015
AG
What did I just read?
HTownAg98
Tanker123 said:

NColoradoAG said:

lol There is no shame in my game. I help people with PTSD. I know military tactics. Wrote a cookbook. I will also make a ton of money wagering on college football. I retired at 45 with a six-figure retirement. Life is sweet!
This part concerns me.
Tanker123
Eliminatus said:

agcrock2005 said:

Mathguy64 said:

It's become a bit of a buzzword as of late and gets wrongfully applied a lot, but if this dude is not a walking example of the Dunning-Kruger effect, no one is.

It almost feels like an evolution of Barnes in some ways.
I see you are mired by pettiness.
Tanker123
Rocketman84 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Tanker123 said:

HTownAg98 said:

This is a bit confusing, because most people aren't going to know that you need two cups of uncooked rice to yield six cups cooked. Also, the peas do not need to be cooked with the rice; add them toward the end, and they won't overcook (they will if you cook them with the rice and then cook them again). And that seems like a lot of soy sauce, even if it's low-sodium, especially since the rice is already seasoned with the chicken bouillon.
Ok. Confusing? I should say cook 2 cups of rice to make 6 cups of cooked rice? I am done with this thread. lol

Yes, you should. Anyone that writes recipes would know this, especially since your recipe starts with six cups cooked rice, and then step 1 is to cook the damn rice. Someone reading that is going to wonder what the **** you're talking about.
I had the same question when reading the recipe, is it cooked or not cooked??

Weirdest thread I've run across on TexAgs.
I assume you can read. It says cooked rice. You folks got beat by the stupid stick? lol
HTownAg98
You suck at writing when the very first direction is to cook the rice, and it doesn't tell you how much rice you should start with to yield six cups cooked (hint, it's two cups long-grain rice). I would expect a cookbook author to not miss those details.
Tanker123
This is for you folks who don't understand what cooked rice means. I lifted it from Wikipedia: Cooked rice refers to rice that has been cooked either by steaming or boiling. The terms steamed rice or boiled rice are also commonly used. Any variant of Asian rice (both Indica and Japonica varieties), African rice or wild rice, glutinous or non-glutinous, long-, medium-, or short-grain, of any colour, can be used. Rice for cooking can be whole grain or milled.
DiskoTroop
We sure this isn't a Fido sock?
LostTexasBoy
AG
I love opening and reading new Tanker threads. They all end up the exact same. It's awesome.
Tanker123
LostTexasBoy said:

I love opening and reading new Tanker threads. They all end up the exact same. It's awesome.
Tanker123
Irony is you act like a culinary titan, but you whine and b@tch about instructions on cooking rice. Then your buddies say stupid things like "yeah cooked rice is confusing, but I don't like green peppers".
HTownAg98
Did you miss the part where I said that I've had my own share of kitchen failures?
agcrock2005
AG
LostTexasBoy said:

I don't think I'll ever do it again. What an arrogant *****.
Ag_07
AG
No one is acting like a culinary titan.

All I see is some critiques along with some pretty well thought out constructive criticism that's delivered respectfully and you being an ass.

If you don't want to hear it then don't post your recipes.
Tanker123
Ag_07 said:

No one is acting like a culinary titan.

All I see is some critiques along with some pretty well thought out constructive criticism that's delivered respectfully and you being an ass.

If you don't want to hear it then don't post your recipes.

And that is what will happen. Because all you folks like to whine and b@tch.

He has not even used the recipe but wants to interject his assumptions because he knows it all. Carry on with your circle jerk club. lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.