Season Basketball Tickets

5,459 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Dr. Horrible
KALALL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I renewed my tickets this year. I love Aggie basketball, but Reed is kind of a dump and the parking situation is terrible.
bobinator
AG
The parking and some of the problems with Reed are all interconnected problems.

There's absolutely nothing within walking distance of Reed that would inspire you to get there early at all other than maybe the bar at the A&M hotel. There's nowhere near the arena to just hang out and grab a beer and watch other games or whatever, so as a result all 10,000 people try to arrive at the same time about 20 minutes before the game starts and it creates a complete traffic cluster**** which isn't helped at all by the way they do the parking.

It's one of those things where no single thing is all that bad, but they all contribute to make the overall experience less than ideal.

But this is an example of me trying to shift my viewpoint a little, because for us hardcore fans, we're going anyway. Me and a buddy basically tailgate every game so the traffic doesn't impact us much, but you can still witness it being a problem.

One game last year, due to having to take care of some things at home, I didn't get to leave my house until about 30 minutes before the game (I live like two miles from campus.) By the time we parked and got inside, and keep in mind I'm someone who's familiar with how the parking works, it was almost the under 12 media timeout.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
I went to my first ever Reed game last December vs DePaul (who was atrocious it turns out) and as great as the football and baseball atmosphere are…a game at Reed borders on unpleasant.

I sat next to the pep band and felt bad for them…every time they tried to play anything the obnoxiously loud volume 11 "music" made it hard to enjoy. Perhaps the new AD and his team are addressing this?
Bullpen Chias
AG
St Hedwig Aggie said:

I went to my first ever Reed game last December vs DePaul (who was atrocious it turns out) and as great as the football and baseball atmosphere are…a game at Reed borders on unpleasant.

I sat next to the pep band and felt bad for them…every time they tried to play anything the obnoxiously loud volume 11 "music" made it hard to enjoy. Perhaps the new AD and his team are addressing this?

DePaul in December?? You missed some badass games.
BlockerResident
AG
Picked up season tickets for the first time this year. Not sure how many games I'll make, but I'm assuming one particular one will be very expensive to get in, and I want to be there for that.

Not a tough decision when you realize that THIS IS OUR YEAR!
Dr. Horrible
Got my seat selection appointment to try and move. Glad I bought when I did, and now get to see what else might be available!
jigsaw87
AG
Me too. I select on the 15th.
cjsag94
AG
I live in NW Houston, so doorstep to doorstep in 1 hour. Season tickets first time last year and I did renew this year. Best part of having season tickets is it compelled me to go far more than I would actually make plans to head up on my own. Same applies to my football tickets.

The challenge with filling the arena is it needs to be filled by locals for mid week and non premier games. I don't think many people much further away than I am are inclined to make that trip regularly. Adding to that, there's no incentive for me to put forth the hassle to essentially give away my tickets aside from wishing to see the seats filled.

I only pay $790/yr for 2 first deck tickets. I get my money's worth from the big games, and extra value sharing some of the games with friends and family. I've really enjoyed attending the games.

I agree with the wish that a system to return the tickets to a 12th man clearing house, and require purchasers to be paying members of TMF to have access to the tickets.
Dr. Horrible
just got my upgrade done... lots of good options available, including lower level. just about anywhere is available except lower level perfect center court.
i ended up 2nd level, center court, row 3 on the aisle... works for me! can't wait for the season!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.