*****2023 Texas A&M Baseball Transfer List*****

79,212 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Alyag08
Luke The Drifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Luke The Drifter said:

W said:

the Ags were knocked out in the regional round this year

it's very fair to question some of the personnel decisions made by the coaching staff

Not only knocked out in the regional round, but knocked out in humiliating fashion (not only getting double dipped, but getting blown out in those losses.) Throw in the horrific losses - Lamar, Portland (x2), UTSA, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Sam Houston, the Alabama blowouts, and Mississippi State - as well as the listless sweeps at the hands of Tennessee and Arkansas, it is totally fair to question personnel decisions.

I'm still 100% Team Schloss, but there was definitely something wrong with the team this year - bad lineup combinations, a lack of talent, coaching shortcuts, bad attitudes, or whatever - but ultimately the head coach is responsible for making sure we don't lose 27 times in a season and get sent home before the super regional weekend.

Its always fair to point out issues but I think previous staffs would not have a) had us playing as well as we did at the end of the year; and b) had us at 2-0 at a regional. The rest of the stuff you mentioned other than the first sentence, wasn't relevant in the big scheme of things as one win and we're in the Supers in clearly a down year. I don't think it is being overly sunshine pumping (if you will) to believe that where we were at the end of the season given the rest of the year was pretty dang good.

I think the bottom line is that I, someone who has never hesitated to complain when we're off track (by my estimation, right or wrong), feels far more confident in this staff's ability to correct whatever deficiencies there were in the program this year. I think you did a great job of pointing them out and I hope the staff is equally as perceptive (and more). We're not going to get better unless we know what's wrong and the previous staff, it seemed to me, either didn't understand that or didn't know how to overcome the roadblocks.

It's quite relevant. Reverse the outcomes of even half of those games and we're in the hosting discussion. And if not hosting, maybe we get sent to a weaker #1 seed's regional.

Again, I'm still 100% Team Schloss, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable for too many terrible losses this season. I'm guessing Schloss feels that same way, too.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Aggies2009
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Luke The Drifter said:

W said:

the Ags were knocked out in the regional round this year

it's very fair to question some of the personnel decisions made by the coaching staff

Not only knocked out in the regional round, but knocked out in humiliating fashion (not only getting double dipped, but getting blown out in those losses.) Throw in the horrific losses - Lamar, Portland (x2), UTSA, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Sam Houston, the Alabama blowouts, and Mississippi State - as well as the listless sweeps at the hands of Tennessee and Arkansas, it is totally fair to question personnel decisions.

I'm still 100% Team Schloss, but there was definitely something wrong with the team this year - bad lineup combinations, a lack of talent, coaching shortcuts, bad attitudes, or whatever - but ultimately the head coach is responsible for making sure we don't lose 27 times in a season and get sent home before the super regional weekend.

Its always fair to point out issues but I think previous staffs would not have a) had us playing as well as we did at the end of the year; and b) had us at 2-0 at a regional. The rest of the stuff you mentioned other than the first sentence, wasn't relevant in the big scheme of things as one win and we're in the Supers in clearly a down year. I don't think it is being overly sunshine pumping (if you will) to believe that where we were at the end of the season given the rest of the year was pretty dang good.

What good is "playing well at the end of the year" if the team doesn't make it out of a regional or win the SEC tournament? The 2016 team was "playing well at the end of the year", won the SEC tournament, and ultimately disappointing because they did not make it to Omaha when they were one of the best teams in the nation. Furthermore, what good is going 2-0 in a regional if you ultimately lose it? I wouldn't have cared if we started 1-1 in the regional if it meant we won it.

SOMETHING was fundamentally broken with our team this year-

We had no starter that could consistently get us past the 4th inning.

Pitchers just could not throw strikes- we walked 100 more batters this season than RC's WORST year here (2021).

Hitters regressed badly- Bost and Targac lost a combined ~210 points off their batting averages. And it wasn't that they "weren't protected" due to the losses of Claunch and Rock. Laviolette and Haas more than made up for the OPS we lost with those guys.
Aggies2009
AG
I think Schloss would be the first to tell you that he was not happy with this season. He said it throughout the season time and time again. He's recruited some studs to come play here- let's see how well he uses the portal to fill more gaps.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Yep...and that's why I'm still 100% a part of Team Schloss. As disappointed as all of us are, he's a billion-trillion-quadrillion times (as my kids used to say) more disappointed than we will ever be.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Farmer1906
AG
jmcfar_98 said:

Thisguy1 said:

Colby Shelton in the portal. Somebody is going to get a stud.

That would be a huge get. But I'm sure L$U will throw lots of money at him. Could thing they already have White at 3B.
I think Schloss has done a fine job in the portal the last 2 seasons, especially in year 1. But this is the kind of guy we need to get if we want to start making waves. I am not saying we can't win big with the types we are landing, just that adding a star makes things so much easier. More margin for error if you miss on a couple of transfers or it takes a while to develop some.
goose91
AG
Added Zane Badmaev RHP Tarleton State to the list. Thanks.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
What are y'alls thoughts on the incoming transfers so far?
TexAg1822
AG
More pitchers, please!

Jk I know that will come. I'm really optimistic about Burton, I think he can slot in nicely to the lineup and we can utilize his utility
HoustonAg2106
AG
Agdad081216
You can blame anyone you want. Put the blame where it needs to be. Strike zone. I watched the games. I saw the awful inconsistent strike zone calling the umpires were doing behind the plate.

You say it doesn't matter. It does. If a pitcher is not getting the calls consistently then he throws a gopher ball that messes with your psyche.
Then a ball is called a ball for the batters all game and get struck out in a critical part of the game. You cannot coach that.
trouble
AG
HoustonAg2106
AG
You got give me a minute to fix it!
trouble
AG
Be faster
Sea Pony 07
AG
Would love get him on campus.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Agdad041216 said:

You can blame anyone you want. Put the blame where it needs to be. Strike zone. I watched the games. I saw the awful inconsistent strike zone calling the umpires were doing behind the plate.

You say it doesn't matter. It does. If a pitcher is not getting the calls consistently then he throws a gopher ball that messes with your psyche.
Then a ball is called a ball for the batters all game and get struck out in a critical part of the game. You cannot coach that.

Oh good grief - it's no wonder people make so much fun of the Aggies. College umpires are not great, but they are not great for every single team out there. There's not some gopher ball conspiracy against A&M pitchers. There are 8 teams still alive in Omaha right now and their pitchers seem to be doing just fine with the same umpires we saw all season long.

Aggies2009
AG
Agdad041216 said:

Lmao get out of here with that. Every team dealt with inconsistent strike zones this year. It isn't like this year umpires conspired to make teams walk more batters and really took it out on A&M.
Agdad081216
Talk how you want. I saw the strike zone with my own eyes. Conspiracy no. But two different zones throughout the game yes!!
Aggies2009
AG
Agdad041216 said:

Talk how you want. I saw the strike zone with my own eyes. Conspiracy no. But two different zones throughout the game yes!!
That isn't the reason walked so many more batters.

Most of the pitches thrown by guys like Cortez were not even close or competitive. Were there a few pitches that were strikes that were not called strikes? Of course. And there were some balls that were called strikes. You'd expect that to even out over the course of a season. But as I said, most of the time, our pitchers were missing BADLY.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Exactly. And when you have zero command of your pitches and the strike zone, you're not going to get the borderline calls in your favor. When you throw 3 in a row to the backstop, that 3-0 pitch just off the plate won't even be called an automatic strike.

AggieBB
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Colby Shelton in the portal. Somebody is going to get a stud.
Would LOVE to land this kid!
milner79
goose91 said:

Added Zane Badmaev RHP Tarleton State to the list. Thanks.

Watched him pitch a couple of times this season. He was impressive.

And he quite possibly will be the tallest player to take the mound at Olsen since J.R. Richard and the Astros were here in 1978.
Mr.Ackar07
Brauny is hinting on the premium board that Schloss just locked up a big target at a position of need. He's waiting for the official announcement to post.
Warsteiner
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Brauny is hinting on the premium board that Schloss just locked up a big target at a position of need. He's waiting for the official announcement to post.

Hopefully a starting pitcher
Farmer1906
AG
My thoughts too.
jmcfar_98
AG
Ryan Brauninger said:

It's a right handed pitcher
Farmer1906
AG
Let's wildly speculate. How about this guy?

85AustinAg
AG
@XavierBASE RHP Ethan Bosacker is the only RHP that I can find that Twitter seems to point to.
pattybrhg
Tolle from above was in town visiting.

Charlie Pagliarini was on campus too.

Those were some good sized, polite guys.
Farmer1906
AG

https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports/baseball/roster/tanner-jones/5093
Temple Ag
AG
I just saw his stats.

Is he a family friend of one of the coaches?
Warsteiner
Yeah
Are we supposed to be excited about this guy?
Ag4eva95
Is he better than one of our guys leaving? This one is a head scratcher on paper
Farmer1906
AG
Now this would move the needle.

trouble
AG
No reason to be rude though

Welcome to Aggieland, Tanner!
HeyAbbott
AG
Coach Schloss and his staff wouldn't be taking these new pitchers from the portal if they didn't think it would upgrade the overall pitching staff. We need starting pitching plus relievers and a closer or two or in other words an almost complete rebuild of our pitching staff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.