***Official Aggies vs. 2024 MLB Draft Thread***

116,374 Views | 716 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sean98
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
good draft so far

a little concerned for the pitchers drafted by the Angels

that organization is, um, not exactly known for player / prospect development
RED AG 98
AG
But Maldy better lookout because Appel is coming
Sean98
AG
BostonAg74
scd88 said:

Hayden Schott is a treasure. We are blessed he's an Aggie.
Schott appears to be one of those guys who is destined to excel at whatever career he chooses. His personality is so engaging that sometimes we forget that he is a very good baseball player, with the highest batting average in a loaded lineup this year. When the SEC Network interviewed him after game one of the championship series, he was so relaxed and articulate that it was hard to tell him from the professional announcers. Whatever he decides to do, he will make Aggies proud for decades.
Sea Pony 07
AG
BostonAg74 said:

scd88 said:

Schott appears to be one of those guys who is destined to excel at whatever career he chooses. His personality is so engaging that sometimes we forget that he is a very good baseball player, with the highest batting average in a loaded lineup this year. When the SEC Network interviewed him after game one of the championship series, he was so relaxed and articulate that it was hard to tell him from the professional announcers. Whatever he decides to do, he will make Aggies proud for decades.

I would love to see him in a bananas uniform. I think he would fit in well there.
LB12Diamond
AG
Of course I wish him well in whatever he chooses but easy to see he would kill it in sales.
BostonAg74
Quote:

I would love to see him in a bananas uniform. I think he would fit in well there.
Isn't that setting the bar really, really low?
FTAG 2000
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

BostonAg74 said:

scd88 said:

I'd rather see him in the big show.
powerbelly
AG
BostonAg74 said:

Quote:

I am pretty sure they don't get paid.
Mr.Ackar07
powerbelly said:

BostonAg74 said:

Quote:

I am pretty sure they don't get paid.
https://thesavannahbananas.com/about_us/

Quote:

The Bananas now field two independent professional teams The Savannah Bananas and The Party Animals. Both teams are made up of players who are recruited and paid for their play.
powerbelly
AG
Independent League teams usually pay between $1,000 and $2,000 per month. I really hope Schott shoots higher than that.
themissinglink
AG
The Bananas aren't an independent league team, they are an independent organization all together. Very much a circus/show starting to sell out MLB stadiums with games on ESPN. The Harlem Globetrotters of baseball.

I'm guessing the players aren't super well paid, but it's a jumping off point if he wants it…
powerbelly
AG
themissinglink said:

The Bananas aren't an independent league team, they are an independent organization all together. Very much a circus/show starting to sell out MLB stadiums with games on ESPN. The Harlem Globetrotters of baseball.

I'm guessing the players aren't super well paid, but it's a jumping off point if he wants it…
Jumping off point for what?
themissinglink
AG
Influencer, media personality, content creator… I'm sure there are other positions.

I don't fully understand the "career", but a number of the players have a large social media following and could obviously do quite well without the Bananas.

Hayden definitely had the personality to make that sustainable. No idea what his plans are after college, but I'd hire him for any sort of marketing/media position.
trouble
AG
1 pm again, right?
Mr.Ackar07
trouble said:

1 pm again, right?
Correct
RED AG 98
AG
Today, we begin with Round 11. It will be Even Faster and Even Furiouser

Hopefully we're out of the woods in under 20-30 minutes ...
greg.w.h
AG
Great opportunity to be fit into a minor league system and work your ass off building skills and experience, amirite???
Fenrir
RED AG 98 said:

Today, we begin with Round 11. It will be Even Faster and Even Furiouser

Hopefully we're out of the woods in under 20-30 minutes ...
My favorite part of MLB draft is how fast it moves. I hate that NFL draft gets dragged out so ****ing long.
CapCityAg89
AG
Did you watch round 1? That's the comp and it definitely adopted the NFL take too much time approach.
Fenrir
CapCityAg89 said:

Did you watch round 1? That's the comp and it definitely adopted the NFL take too much time approach.
I did. It is slower than the rest of MLB draft by miles for sure but it's nowhere near the NFL. NFL 1st round draft takes like 4 hours. Pretty sure MLB got through 2 rounds in less time.
RED AG 98
AG
100%. It's the lightning round nearly from the jump, even considering that rd 1 is now a bit more drawn out than in the past.
jmcfar_98
AG
RED AG 98
AG
TKJr in the house!
Randy Rhodes
jmcfar_98 said:

His dad was fun to watch
Randy Rhodes
How many HS recruits did we lose in the draft?
Mr.Ackar07
Randy Rhodes said:

Right now, just 1
Sean98
AG
Okay, get your track shoes on!! Here. We. GO!!!!!!!
RED AG 98
AG
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Randy Rhodes said:

Right now, just 1
MLB Draft: 1

POS early tampering draft: a few more
Randy Rhodes
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Randy Rhodes said:

Right now, just 1

That's awesome

It's getting so late now that if they get drafted there's probably little chance they sign?
Mr.Ackar07
Sawyer Farr is the 4th best available prospect on MLB's current list
Sean98
AG
Sawyer Farr listed as the 4th best prospect left on the board.

Ha. Ackar beat me. I went back to make sure none of our other guys were on the list.

Of note, Connor Wiggins, RHP committed to Arkansas is in the Top 3 as well.
Mr.Ackar07
Randy Rhodes said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Randy Rhodes said:

Right now, just 1

That's awesome

It's getting so late now that if they get drafted there's probably little chance they sign?
It depends on the team. Some may have saved some pool money over the first 10 rounds and may have some money to throw at a prospect.
RED AG 98
AG
And can now do so without penalty. Probably need to get out of the 12th to feel comfortable today...
Aggie1205
AG
Randy Rhodes said:

Mr.Ackar07 said:

Randy Rhodes said:

Right now, just 1

That's awesome

I would say in there is still risk for guys taken in round 11 in particular as teams have been working out their draft pool budget and exchanging numbers with top guys left overnight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.