Schloss Texas Contract

11,101 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by TAMU1990
TAMU1990
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SchizoAg said:

TAMU1990 said:

sharpdressedman said:

Someone with legitimate knowledge told me that Schloss was never all-in for A&M, only himself, despite his many public claims. Further, he decided to leave shortly after being told he had to accept a BBP renovation that did not expand its footprint. His bristly relationship with Alberts, the AD layoffs, and his buddy CDC being in his head reinforced his decision.

Events have exposed and highlighted his very significant professional and personal character flaws. We have successfully transitioned, which was an extraordinary accomplishment. He must carry heavy baggage and satisfy his new, impatient fan base.

We'll see what happens.

If I had to guess we are going to expand the stadium to probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000+ not including SRO. Texas can not expand D-F, is in worse shape than Olsen, and has god awful turf that the locals cherish. There's no available land near the university where they build something new.

He traded down on facilities, so I don't know if stadium talk really mattered. Ironically, either stadium is miles better than TCU's where he spent 18 years. I think he always wanted to be at Texas, but took a reputation hit to get there.
It looks like there's at least as much room to expand Disch-Falk as BBP:

Bottom line, the swinger scene in College Station will never compete with the one in Austin, especially the LGBT+ segment.
We can put seating (lower and upper deck) in down the 1st/3rd base side - D-F already has seating down the foul line. They can add a second deck too, but that's about it. Nothing in the outfield. They have trouble selling out the place consistently and it's quiet. No game day atmosphere.

We can also put in permanent seats for Section 12 and connect it with a concourse to the 1st base side (visitors bullpen underneath the concourse). Finally, we can put permanent seats in Aggie Alley (which would be sad IMO).

But yes, it appears that Schloss likes the "city life".
BiochemAg97
AG
SchizoAg said:

TAMU1990 said:

sharpdressedman said:

Someone with legitimate knowledge told me that Schloss was never all-in for A&M, only himself, despite his many public claims. Further, he decided to leave shortly after being told he had to accept a BBP renovation that did not expand its footprint. His bristly relationship with Alberts, the AD layoffs, and his buddy CDC being in his head reinforced his decision.

Events have exposed and highlighted his very significant professional and personal character flaws. We have successfully transitioned, which was an extraordinary accomplishment. He must carry heavy baggage and satisfy his new, impatient fan base.

We'll see what happens.

If I had to guess we are going to expand the stadium to probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000+ not including SRO. Texas can not expand D-F, is in worse shape than Olsen, and has god awful turf that the locals cherish. There's no available land near the university where they build something new.

He traded down on facilities, so I don't know if stadium talk really mattered. Ironically, either stadium is miles better than TCU's where he spent 18 years. I think he always wanted to be at Texas, but took a reputation hit to get there.
It looks like there's at least as much room to expand Disch-Falk as BBP:

Bottom line, the swinger scene in College Station will never compete with the one in Austin, especially the LGBT+ segment.

Sips are all talking like their are building a new stadium rather than renovating the existing one.

I know the A&M said no to building a new stadium elsewhere on campus, so maybe Schloss thinks he will get to design the stadium from scratch at tu.

I wonder if he will be around long enough to see it. He made the comment at tu that he doesn't plan on coaching forever and implied that this was a last contract.
Aggies2009
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Austin lifestyle is the short version.

Question for you. Were you paying attention and missed it which would be interesting bc it was pretty obvious, disagree with this or actually curious.

I honestly don't know Schloss very well so I don't know. I know a lot of speculation about him.
Aggie Therapist
AG
20ag07 said:

It's obvious he was a control freak. Control freaks are often more about control than they are about money, which is why he took the contract he did.

Obviously, at a school like TCU, he got used to having too much power, but not enough resources. We looked attractive with much more money, but it comes with a lot more oversight/power players involved, which he never liked.

He's going to think CDC can give him the same control level he was used to at TCU, and is pretty quickly going to find out it doesn't work that way at that type of university, just like it didn't here.

Those guys have been in bed together for a long time.

If you don't think CDC is giving him full control and giving Schloss all he wants then you have your head in the sand. Sip donors will show you nothing but love and support the first three years then turn on you if not producing on the diamond. Schloss is capable of doing that.

I don't see their program tanking anytime soon. Dude is a scumbag and gets things done in a shady way.
Aggie Therapist
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Austin lifestyle is the short version.

Question for you. Were you paying attention and missed it which would be interesting bc it was pretty obvious, disagree with this or actually curious.

Maybe he's a fan of Drag Bingo…….Not that there is anything wrong with that!
Mark Fairchild
AG
You omitted the Homeless segment.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Aggie Therapist
AG
Those are my clients…
WestGalvestonAggie
People will forget this over time, but they shouldn't.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
jkag89
POS entire tenure at TCU was as a head coach.
20ag07
Quote:

He was at TCU many years! Why did it take so long te be head coach?
Schloss has been a head coach since he was 32.

Earley didn't become one until he was 36.

So no idea what point you are trying to make.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Just popping in to remind everyone Trev Alberts conversation with Schloss and his lack of awareness about a contract renegotiation conversation helped Schloss leave. Best coach we ever had.
TXAGBQ76
AG
That was the liars side of the story. Albert's has publicly said he had heard the rumblings/rumors of Schloss pursuing the tu job. He actually met with the liar and said if you're not happy tell me what it takes, if you want to be here I want you here. If not, just don't hurt the team. The liar said he would not.

The liar never liked Trev, because he wanted the Army AD who was a former baseball guy and then he fired an AD staffer who the liar liked and the stadium re-do was pushed out a year.

Bottom line, we were a lily pad that paid better than tcu where he could wait for the tu job to open.
20ag07
Quote:

Bottom line, we were a lily pad that paid better than tcu where he could wait for the tu job to open.
We didn't pay him much more than TCU.

He was making $1.25M there, and $1.35M here. He didn't make that move for $100K/year before taxes. If it was money related, LSU would have beat our contract that year.
TXAGBQ76
AG
He wanted the tu job and CDC, that's why he didn't go to lsu. He got more money to camp out here.
20ag07
Again, Texas made it to the Semifinals in Omaha in 2021.

Message board smack from mad people is what it is.

But there's no chance the master plan was to say "yeah, I'll just go somewhere I don't want to and wait until a coach currently in the semis in Omaha flames out as my long term plan."
TXAGBQ76
AG
My point is simple, tu was always his dream job per his own words. According to folks I know at TCU, his schtick was wearing thin. He was hard to work for, he had a very ugly public divorce that the TCU folks did not like, he supposedly had an affair with an athletic department person, etc. he needed another place to land. When his pall CDC landed at tu, it wa only a matter of time.
greg.w.h
AG
Schloss not making more here was a defect not a feature…clearly we don't have a clue how to compensate top-notch coaches or to build real relationships with them. Maybe Trev with Welsh can crack that nut…
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah, pretty much every coach we've ever hired in every sport has been fired- with a few exceptions.
SA-AG72
AG
StinkyPinky said:

Eso si, Que es said:

So he gets $2.7 per year for 7 years but has to pay for his own buyout. Never heard of a coach being poached essentially having to pay their buyout.

It really just shows he wanted to be there rather than here, so probably best for both. Only logical conclusion. In my opinion ended up being the best thing for us so onwards and upwards. My only concern at this juncture is we beat the hell out of everyone next season. Won't fault him for following his heart. Will fault him tho for being a dbag.

I'm not so sure his heart is what he was following.
twk
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

My point is simple, tu was always his dream job per his own words. According to folks I know at TCU, his schtick was wearing thin. He was hard to work for, he had a very ugly public divorce that the TCU folks did not like, he supposedly had an affair with an athletic department person, etc. he needed another place to land. When his pall CDC landed at tu, it wa only a matter of time.
So, you believe him when he says that? It might be true, but since it came out of his mouth, it's probably bs.
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

TXAGBQ76 said:

So, you believe him when he says that? It might be true, but since it came out of his mouth, it's probably bs.
Yep. He does not think like us.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BMOC86
AG
He is a POS. He deserves Austin.
trouble
AG
Yawn
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
I figured we wouldn't see these terms unless we read them in the cemetery where it was all drawn up.
ensign_beedrill
AG
AgFormerlyInIrving said:

I figured we wouldn't see these terms unless we read them in the cemetery where it was all drawn up.
Now I'm picturing them engraved on a tombstone. Like those gravestone recipes.
BiochemAg97
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

AgFormerlyInIrving said:

Now I'm picturing them engraved on a tombstone. Like those gravestone recipes.

But whose tombstone is it?
drthoop
AG
dermdoc said:

Pretty clear that he was going to leave no matter what we offered. Which is fine.

Just do it with integrity.

He has none.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
drthoop
AG
1876er said:

gig_em02 said:

We would have countered with more, assuming we wanted him. It looks like Trev had a better plan!

You have to be in some serious denial to think a coach with zero head coaching experience is better plan than a coach with numerous trips to Omaha and played a game three in the CWS finals.

And threw game 3 with some very questionable pitching decisions.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
HoustonAg2106
AG
Do we know the details of the Earley contract yet? I couldn't find anything on the Google
austinag1997
AG
drthoop said:

1876er said:

gig_em02 said:

We would have countered with more, assuming we wanted him. It looks like Trev had a better plan!

You have to be in some serious denial to think a coach with zero head coaching experience is better plan than a coach with numerous trips to Omaha and played a game three in the CWS finals.

And threw game 3 with some very questionable pitching decisions.

Sorry. I don't believe that. He would have loved to win that game.
waco_aggie05
AG
I don't think he had a choice. tu via CDC was already pulling the strings on him. We know at this point the deal had been done long before Omaha. He's proven he has no integrity. Winning the natty very well could've been a deal breaker. You can't go win a natty for our most hated rival then come here. It was already bad enough as runner up. CDC obviously has some strong power and influence over him and there is no doubt in my mind at some point he told our former coach he had to throw it in some form or fashion if the opportunity arose.
tjack16
AG
waco_aggie05 said:

I don't think he had a choice. tu via CDC was already pulling the strings on him. We know at this point the deal had been done long before Omaha. He's proven he has no integrity. Winning the natty very well could've been a deal breaker. You can't go win a natty for our most hated rival then come here. It was already bad enough as runner up. CDC obviously has some strong power and influence over him and there is no doubt in my mind at some point he told our former coach he had to throw it in some form or fashion if the opportunity arose.

I don't think he threw the series. But I also don't think he was mentally in it 100%. He wanted to win the title for himself and his resume… not for A&M or the players
LB12Diamond
AG
The bigger thing was he treated some of the players such as chestnut pretty bad. I don't know if he was doing his typical mannerism or if it was worse with him knowing he was leaving. If it was even worse and made some of the players not perform, just another reason, I'm glad he's gone.
SpiderDude
AG
TAMU1990 said:

Schloss is/has been at the three baseball powers in this state and he is 0-2 with current players following him. If I was a tu parent that should be a red flag. It should be a red flag for any recruit too.

As opposed to "I like to share my partner with other men" being a red flag?!
P.U.T.U
AG
Think it has been well known for years that he was not a players coach, heck someone on here pointed that out 10 years ago and we chose to ignore it since he won games.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.